Three more days

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

shannlee379
Rank 1
Rank 1

Three more days

Post by shannlee379 »

I know some of you voiced concerns about taking Jackson too early, and I did ask if she would keep him longer, but the answer was no. I'm not goning toargue with her on it. I am just going to be excited that my new chowling is comming home. He already knows his name and is the best of the 12 to come when called. He is also the biggest of the 12. I will post pictures either Saturday morning or Sunday night. I have a couple of parties to go to this weekend (outside parties, so both Shelby and Jack will be comming), so it might have to wait till Monday.

On the other hand, I took Shelby to Benson's last night and got her a bigger crate (for night sleeping), and she tried to grab every bone we walked past and cleared off an entire shelf. She's just never done that before, so I tought it was funny.
She's going to the groomers today, not the one she went to before. I found a nice little shop down the street and have seen pictures of other dogs they have done. They do grooming for show, and compitions, so I think we are going to have a nicer outcome. Will post pictures later today.
Attachments
Shelby at camp
Shelby at camp
2008_0618Image0001.JPG (179.76 KiB) Viewed 8581 times
Shannon & Shelby...
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Three more days

Post by Red Dragon »

If that doesn't scream bad breeder to you, then nothing will. :shock: People just don't get it. I tried to warn another person about dealing with these type of sorry people and she got a sick pup and they don't know what is wrong with it, it's been on IV's several times already, has diarhea, vomiting, won't eat, and in poor health. That puppy went home too soon too.

If a person asked me to keep a pup for a couple of months because they couldn't take it right now I would, of course it's not about lining my pockets with money like it is with these sorry breeders.
Sam

Keeper of the furry things...Master of the kibble....Scooper of the poo!
KathrynH
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by KathrynH »

Ok, usually I don't speak up, because I don't want to get into an argument, but seriously..drop it, shannlee has been attacked enough for this, and while I agree that the breeder sounds like a bad one, just BE HAPPY for her! Golly people! She got a dog, that she loves and will take care of, she KNOWS (as so many people have told her OVER and OVER again) that there might be problems, fact is, there might be problems no matter WHO you get a dog from. She is going in w/ her eyes wide open, so can you just be happy for her new addition and stop attacking her?
Congratulations shannlee, can't wait to see the pics!
Thanks so much sweetpea!!!
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

I refuse to be happy for anyone who buys from one of these low life breeders that only care about cranking out puppies and getting paid for them.
Sam

KathrynH
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by KathrynH »

All I'm saying is if you can't be happy for her, keep your mouth shut, she already knows how you feel. I feel that way about those breeders too, but nagging her about this isn't going to change the fact that she'd adding a sweet little chow to her family.
Last edited by KathrynH on Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Congradulations on the new addition. I can't wait to see pics of him.
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

When she ends up in the hospital with huge vet bills and a suffering dog I will tell you to shut up and remind you of this. But you can tell her how sorry you are that her dog is sick and it will make all the difference in the world! :roll: Wake up people, it's on the site every single day, and a thousand times worse in reality, you just don't see it.
Sam

KathrynH
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by KathrynH »

You know what, I KNOW the crap that dogs get put through from bad breeding, don't act as if I don't. She didn't tell everyone this to get people to bitch at her and tell her how horrible she is because she is buying from a bad breeder, get off your freakin' high horse. This site isn't designed to bash people. You have told her umpteen amount of times that her new puppy will end up w/ high vet bills, the fact is that is HER business, not yours, and she knows the risks and took them anyway. Take some advice from Thumper...If you can't say anything nice, dont' say nothing at all.
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

Go right ahead and pat her on the back and tell her how wonderful it is she has a new puppy, I won't.
Sam

shannlee379
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by shannlee379 »

Thanks for the good wishes...as for the rest you can type negativity again all you'd like, I am just choosing to ingnore it. So everyone please do not waist your finger strength to stand up for me, even though I deeply appreciate it. I am going to just say this: you don't know me or my cercumstances. I might be in a position to pay for many medical bills, or I may not. I think if I am choosing to take in the puppy from this breeder, that in itself will tell you what I can do for it.
Shannon & Shelby...
kitcatak
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kitcatak »

The next 3 days are going to just drag by for you!!! I can't wait to see pictures and hear how he is settling in. How old will he be? 8 weeks is best, but there are worse things. Do you get to drive to the breeder and pick him up or is he flying in? Anyway, good luck and I so envy you the puppy breath (but not those sharp little teeth!)

Tracy
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Shelby was just stocking up for the house. She knows Jackson's coming in 3 days!
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

Good luck with Jackson. I can't wait to see pictures of Shelby newly groomed and the little guy. :D
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
ChowLady
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ChowLady »

Congratulations of your new chowling....Im sure you will have lost of fun and loving times ahead.
As for some comments by another person, whom I think is very rude and not called for, dont worry about it. Least you have given this new baby a home and Im sure it will be a good forever home.
Kathy
In Loving memory of Catbalou, Teisha, Tiara & Quoncha. .
LEO's mum
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by LEO's mum »

Ah, the excitement of a new chowling! I remember it well despite it being 2 1/2 yrs ago for me. Just enjoy every minute of it. And remember to take lots & lots of pictures. Oh, I soooo can do with a smell of puppy breath! \:D/ \:D/

Leonora & mum
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

Take lots of pics for us all suffering from chowling envy PLEASE.... nothing cuter than a chow chow puppy IMO :D
Thank you Elodie!
Rowlee
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rowlee »

Congratulations. You must be very excited. I am a little concerned that Jackson is far too young to be leaving his mother but I am sure you will do all the right things.

Thanks so much Sweetpea, you're a star!
chownuzzle
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by chownuzzle »

Red Dragon wrote:When she ends up in the hospital with huge vet bills and a suffering dog I will tell you to shut up and remind you of this. But you can tell her how sorry you are that her dog is sick and it will make all the difference in the world! :roll: Wake up people, it's on the site every single day, and a thousand times worse in reality, you just don't see it.
I don't like that she is getting her new baby early however what you said here is just plain cruel. It basically like your wishing bad things upon her and her new chowling. Whether your are or not its just not right to say something like that. Its fine to inform her that its not a good idea but its not fine to wish doom upon them.

Congratulations on your new chowling hope he's healthy. Post pictures
shannlee379
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by shannlee379 »

I will post plenty of pictures. He will be six weeks old. I have already made an appointment with my vet to see him. My husband will be driving to the breeders Saturday morning to get him. I'm going to post newly groomed Shleby pictures today. Very soon in fact.

Thanks for all the well wishes.
Shannon & Shelby...
chowkidz
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by chowkidz »

I thought i was the only sicko who loves puppy breath. Congrats on the new baby. \:D/
The chowkidz
Nanook & Keyko...and in loving memory of our little princess, Jade
ImageImageImage
chowchowdaddy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by chowchowdaddy »

I love puppy breath, too!!! Although, Ming is now almost 6 years old (October 6th is his birthday). But, to this day, I swear that when he's clean, his mane smells like popcorn. I love to bury my head in it...
bevgo
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by bevgo »

congrats on your new baby. I got CC when she was 5 weeks. She was a shelter puppy and a mix. I really had no early problems with her except for nipping problems. I still have those but they are improving. She does have a sensative stomach, maybe cause I got her too young, but it was better for her here than in a nasty shelter. I cannot wait to see pics! Of course CC is not a "real" chow since she is a mix and looks more like a terrier than a chow. (yeah I know--no pics lately) Anyway I wish you the best!
jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jacqui »

sending best wishes to you and your newest chowbaby.can't wait to see them both together :D
Kito Feb 4, 2006 - July 1,2007
Kai Mar.15 2007 - Aug. 26,2010
And when my time comes I will not go alone for my Chows will be there to say "Welcome Home".
chownuzzle
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by chownuzzle »

I know you where suppose to get your new baby this weekend. How exciting. Hope to see some picture soon.