ANNIE IS STILL ALIVE!!

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

SAMMIE
Rank 0
Rank 0

ANNIE IS STILL ALIVE!!

Post by SAMMIE »

ANNIE IS STILL ALIVE. I TALKED TO KIA AT THE SHELTER AND ANNIE IS STILL ALIVE, THEY ARE TRYING TO KEEP HER ALIVE AS LONG AS POSSIBLE!! IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED IN HER PLEASE CONTACT KIA AT #719-336-1170. PLEASE SAVE HER!!!SAMMIE
Rank 0

Private messageE-mail
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: ANNIE IS STILL ALIVE!!

Post by CoraP. »

Wow! I am very glad to hear this! I can't take her, but would be happy to help if there is anything I could do. I wonder why she was listed as being pts??
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
AlwaysTango
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by AlwaysTango »

Oh my, I wish I had known this. I just committed to another senior female this afternoon. I had been interested in Annie, but saw the post "too late" last time.
I can only have one female, but I would be willing to help with transport costs if someone else can take her.
wallacethegreat
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by wallacethegreat »

I just talked to Kia at the Lamar, Colorado Animal Shelter.
PLEASE DO NOT CALL THE NUMBER IN THE POST BY SAMMIE. (No offense Sammie, but that is Kia's WORK number! It's a dialysis lab.
Kia is continuing to work with Annie to see if she is truly dog aggressive, or just had a problem with that particular Lab she was caged with. Kia says if Annie wasn't such a NICE dog, she would have been euthanized by now. I told her about all of us who work hard to get Chows placed. She said she would talk with the animal control officer and see if she could get Annie at least another week or two. I told her, that if all of us here could have two weeks, more than likely we could get Annie out of there.
I feel as though this is Annie's second lease on life. Kia said there was a woman in California interested in Annie and Kia would let me know within the next 24 hours whether the CA woman was going to work out.
It would be really good though if we had a back-up for poor Annie.
Laura Mac, mama to Berkley-Bear and Oliver Wallace, my angel Chow
Laura Mac, mama to Fozzie-Bear and to Berkley-Bear and Oliver Wallace, my angel Chows
SAMMIE
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by SAMMIE »

opps! Kia had called me and left that number to call. So I thought it was fesible for anyone else to use it. I will help in any way with Annie. Kia did call me tonight as well, however I was on a teleconference and could not pick up, too late to call her back. I'm going to call 2morow.
jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jacqui »

although I can't take Annie I would be happy to donate to help her.I hope someone can take her.
Kito Feb 4, 2006 - July 1,2007
Kai Mar.15 2007 - Aug. 26,2010
And when my time comes I will not go alone for my Chows will be there to say "Welcome Home".
wallacethegreat
Rank 1
Rank 1

Here's the update I got last night from Kea about Annie. Apparently, Annie IS NOT DOG AGGRESSIVE! Kea says Annie, as an intact female, was put in with the Lab who was also an intact female. Kea said she thought Annie would be perfectly fine with other females who are spayed, and with any male.
So, please, for any of you thinking about adopting her, this is really great news!
Let me know if I can help...
Laura Mac, mama to Fozzie-Bear and to Berkley-Bear and Oliver Wallace, my angel Chows
SAMMIE
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by SAMMIE »

if you can help me with transportation, I will take Annie. Please let me know. :D
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

Oh, Sammie, it would be great if you could give her a loving home!
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

Sammie,
Let us know what is in the works for getting Annie to you and how we can help.

Thanks,
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
SAMMIE
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by SAMMIE »

thank you for your help. I will call the shelter tomorrow and get the details and let you know. Thank you again!
wallacethegreat
Rank 1
Rank 1

Ok everybody...now the hard part starts. We have to get Annie from Colorado (middle of nowhere part of Colorado) to Sammie in PA. I've PM's her and asked that she call me and we can start working on a plan.
Any ideas?
sweetpea
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sweetpea »

If the route being taken is going to St.Louis let me know. I start my classes this week, so depending on when it all takes place I might be able to help out with part of the IL (depending on if she goes through central or northern IL). Also if she needs a over night stay in this area I can keep her here for a few days if needed.
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

Lamar is about 3 hours from Amarillo (TJordan lives near there) if that helps. I used to know people in Lamar (I bought my horse from them in the 80s), but I haven't a clue if they still live there or not. I'm willing to help if I can.
Last edited by fillyok on Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
sweetpea
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sweetpea »

Then most likely the route would be going into St.Louis. I just told my husband I volunteered us. He said we could do St.Louis to INDY or something like that.
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

Flying her would be $400-$500 with crate/vet certificate/airline ticket. Of course someone would have to pull her, vet her, buy the crate, and get her on the plane. Is anyone close enough to do all of that?
I thought Sammi was getting another female Chow?? two females? yikes...just sayin...can't help myself...sorry.
Chloe (left) Shuggy (right)
MontanaXman
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by MontanaXman »

Jake and I are willing to help financially to help Annie. Hope she finds a good home.
MontanaXman
SAMMIE
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by SAMMIE »

You all are awesome! The support is amazing, I have never seen this before, I commend all of you! Thank you so much, I am sure Annie will appreciate this and cannot wait to get to her new loving home!
wallacethegreat
Rank 1
Rank 1

Right now, I'm working with a group that transports pups and pregnant dogs to Denver from ABQ. If I can work it right, they might be able to stop in Pueblo (long story, don't ask) to meet someone with Annie coming west to Pueblo from Lamar. this would be their return trip from Denver to ABQ. If they can get her to ABQ, I can fly her from here. I have the crate that Jeff bought for Berkley and can use that. It's all set to go.
I'll check on the airfares. I can't imagine it would cost $500 from ABQ to PA, so will get a quote from Continental this afternoon.
Laura Mac, mama to Berkley-Bear who just went through all of this four weeks ago! Berkley says good luck...we want Annie to be happy, too!
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

Nah just a ticket won't be that much ($200-$300 probably) and if you already have a crate that knocks $60-$80 off so all that's left is a vet visit for that certificate they require. Hopefully she already has all of her shots from the shelter so that will save $$ too. Crossing fingers the transport works out from Co to NM.
I will help out some...I am saving to help Larry with Kali's surgery though on her knees so unfortunately I can't offer much.
Chloe (left) Shuggy (right)
wallacethegreat
Rank 1
Rank 1

I can get the vet check done here at my vet's office. I've literally spent a few thousand dollars with her in the past year, so she should be cheap about it. (I'll hold her feet to the fire!)
Anyway, there should be some way to get Annie from Lamar to Pueblo, then to my area just east of ABQ within the next week. My husband will KILL me, but I might be able to hold her for just a day or two to get her vet check and then on a plane, but that's all. He knows how upset I was when I thought Annie had been euthanized. But again, we're maxed out here. No matter...I'm not going to allow anything to happen to that little girl now that she's gotten a second chance.
Laura Mac
ciaobella
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ciaobella »

MontanaXman, have I told you lately how great you are?
Bear in mind that there is a restriction on transporting pets by air when the temps are too high. It's in the 90's here in TN today.

I'm raining on the parade. I know, I suck.
Sandy
Owned by Sophie
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

You're right Ciobella. We are having quite the early heat wave here. It is supposed to be in the upper 80's or around 90 this week end. Maybe once all the preparations are done, the temperature will have gone down. It's too early for heat like this!!
CoraP.Image
Jules Jusserand
jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jacqui »

I would like to donate something.its not much but every little bit helps.someone can PM their address if they need a check.
I'm so happy that Annie has a home to go to :D
Kito Feb 4, 2006 - July 1,2007
Kai Mar.15 2007 - Aug. 26,2010
And when my time comes I will not go alone for my Chows will be there to say "Welcome Home".
PurpleKisses
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by PurpleKisses »

CoraP. wrote:You're right Ciobella. We are having quite the early heat wave here. It is supposed to be in the upper 80's or around 90 this week end. Maybe once all the preparations are done, the temperature will have gone down. It's too early for heat like this!!

Feel free to send some of that heat up here please! We are used to much warmer temps by now and would REALLY like some!

If any dogs need transporting through my area(eastern WA or Northern ID (Could even try to talk hubby to go to the coast if needed) just let me know.... I have no problem transporting, and once moved will have plenty of space for 'overnighters' if needed!
Chi-Ching
http://www.katzphotography.net
littlebigzbunnies.weebly.com