LOST MY CHOW CHOW

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

NAPUUNOA
Rank 0
Rank 0

LOST MY CHOW CHOW

Post by NAPUUNOA »

Hi all,

If anyone lives in the Herndon, Virginia area, please keep a look out for my Chow Chow. She is Brown/Cinnomin about a year and a half old. Her name is Nani. She is very shy. She went missing on 5-22-08, while I was away on vacation, and she got away from my fiance'. I have since returned and she was last seen on 5-28-08 in the downtown Herndon area. Herndon just had their yearly fair and have been lighting fireworks and she is scared of them and has not been seen since. I have posted an ad in the paper as well as many many flyers, and will be going out today as well. She does not have her collar on because she slipped out of it! Fiance did not have it on properly.

In the last month I have lost two of my cats because of sickness and in the last year I lost my other Chow Chow due to cancer. My house is very quiet, and I am heartbroken.

I have also checked the pound and will go there tomorrow as well. I am afraid because she is so shy she will not let anyone catch her, but if she sees or hears me she will come!

Please let me know if you see my baby ... I miss her so much and am very worried for her.

Thank you!

Kathy

"NANI"
Last edited by NAPUUNOA on Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Auddymay

Re: LOST MY CHOW CHOW

Post by Auddymay »

I will say that, even though she is shy, she may go up to people if she is hungry or thirsty. Put flyers up everywhere. Ask for any siting info, as well as 'if found'. You would be surprised, people read lost flyers, think, "Hey, I saw that dog yesterday." but don't realize the owners could use some direction in where to look. Don't give up. I lost Pip for over a month when she was a puppy.
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

Oh I am so sorry! Please check all of the surrounding pounds, shelters, and rescues. She may have traveled a bit. I would call all of them and leave her description and your info and then call every single day to check. Flyers at the shelters, local vets, and up around town as well. I hope you find her!
Chloe (left) Shuggy (right)
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

Don't give up!! There was a lost Chow in NYC recently that was found after almost a month. If you PM me your email address I can send you an advice pamphlet on finding lost pets. One of the biggest things is to get the word out there on the street. I think the best signs are black and white with red letters stating REWARD! People are more prone to check out a sign if they think there's something in it for them. Sad, but true.
If you post a photo here, someone on the site can post her on K9 Amberalert for you.
We'll keep postive thoughts going for you. Good luck!
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

With fireworks involved he could be along ways from your area so check out the shelters in surrounding cities.

Post a picture and all your information on:

K9amberalert

http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/K9AmberAlert/

Craigslist, in the Pet section and lost and found.

http://geo.craigslist.org/iso/us/va

Fairfax county animal control has a lost dog procedture.

https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/police/an ... ostdog.htm

http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/police/animalservices/

If you don't know how to post on them give us a picture and info we can do it for you. I posted a quikie post on k9amberalert for you but all it has is the Chows info and my e-mail you might want to post her again with all your info.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Is this close? The date is way off but you never know, hit the 4 instead of the 5

GORGEOUS Chow (Norfolk, VA)
Homeless male chow in need of a loving home. Please only respond if you are willing to have a home visit prior to adoption and are willing to pay a small rehoming fee of $50. We can work on payment arrangments for the fee, but there are too many horror stories about pets given "free to a good home."

I found this dog as a stray and have no idea how he is with other animals or children. If you have lots of love to give and want an amazingly beautiful pet, give this little guy a chance. I estimate that he around 9 months old, but that is just a guess.

Reply to: comm-654587970@craigslist.org
Date: 2008-04-24, 12:33PM EDT
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

I hope you find Nani soon! Yes, don't give up and keep your hopes up ... others have lost their dogs and they have been found, even after quite a long time! Take care!!
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

I got an email from this lady. She probably won't be answering because she's out looking for her Chow. Jeff, her Chow is a female so the "found" ad isn't hers.
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

I just posted her in the lost&found section of Northern Virginia's craigslist. I'll do the same in the pet section.

It wouldn't let me post in the pet section because the ad was too similar (I changed the subject line)...oh well.
NAPUUNOA
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by NAPUUNOA »

Hi all,

Went out this afternoon with still no luck. But I did put up many more flyers with "Reward" in big red letters at all the hot spots and farther away from home. I have reported her at Fairfax County Animal Rescue as well as the Polic Department a few days ago and an ad in the Washington Post and will do another in a smaller local paper tomorrow morning.

Thanks for the K9amberalert and the Craig's List idea! And thanks for posting there for me. I will do another that will include a picture and more information.

Going out again later this evening. The fair is still going on today, so when things quiet down I am hoping she will show.

Thanks so much to all of you and I will keep you updated.

Kathy
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

I checked some of the MD shelters for you. We're only about 40 min away from Fairfax, so you never know. I couldn't find any chows matching the photo you posted. :( Let us know if there's anything we can do, I'd be glad to drive down and help look. Please PM me if you need anything.

Hang in there.
This photo arrangement is the wonderful work of Sweetpea
janet
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by janet »

keeping nani in my prayers until she finds her way back home. i hope its soon.
out of curiousity, are you still engaged???? lol. just tryin to make you laugh.
anyone can own a dog, it takes someone special to own a chow.Image
sweetpea
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sweetpea »

Any word yet on how the search went last night?
fings1
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by fings1 »

Kathy...So sorry to hear the news. Keep the faith, Nani is a beautiful dog and I'm sure someone will keep her safe until you find her.
pfordeb
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pfordeb »

Oh, how tough. I hope you find her soon. There are so many wonderful people on this site who help.
courtsey of Sweetpea
NAPUUNOA
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by NAPUUNOA »

WOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!

EVERYONE!!!!

WE FOUND HER!!!! SHE GOT PICKED UP BY THE ANIMAL SHELTER ON MONDAY!!! I AM SOOOOOOO HAPPY!!!

I WANTED TO THANK ALL OF YOU FOR ALL YOUR REPLIES, HELP AND NICE THOUGHTS. IT MEANS SO MUCH TO ME. IT IS PEOPLE LIKE YOU ALL THAT MAKE DIFFICULT TIMES A LITTLE EASIER. :)

THANKS A WHOOOOLE BUNCH EVERYONE!!

PS - YES, I AM STILL ENGAGED, BUT HE IS STILL IN THE DOG HOUSE!! HE HAD TO CLEAN UP THE BATHROOM AFTER NANI'S MUCH MUCH NEEDED BATH LAST NIGHT, SO NANI AND I MADE AN EXTRA SPECIAL MESS JUST FOR HIM :)!!! HA HA HA!!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU AGAIN ALL!

KATHY, NANI & THE BAD FIANCE' ... (LOL)
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

Wonderful news!! For some reason I knew you'd be reunited. Those positive thoughts must help. =D=
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

Oh ,Kathy,
I am soooo glad to hear this!! It must have been awful wondering where she was. I hope the boyfriend will be a lot more careful next time( if there ever is a next time!!). :D
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
sit_by_the_beach
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sit_by_the_beach »

Good news, glad it ended well.
KARIN &
chowMIKKI

chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

THANK GOODNESS!!! Yay, yay, yay!!!

Did they say how far she was from your home or what she was doing when they got her?

I'm so happy for you!
This photo arrangement is the wonderful work of Sweetpea
janet
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by janet »

wow!!!!!!!! that is great news, i am so happy. i knew our prayers would help. give her a big hug for us.
anyone can own a dog, it takes someone special to own a chow.Image
pfordeb
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pfordeb »

I'm so happy for you. What a great end to a scary story.
courtsey of Sweetpea
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Wonderful news! I hoped we would see that last message of yours! Is Noni happy to be back home? Can you stop hugging her, and telling her what a fright she gave you???
Igor
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Igor »

Great news!!! We are so happy for you.
Mishka and his family