M & M Defied Fred

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

M & M Defied Fred

Post by Judy Fox »

Yesterday, Milly and Mabel led Fred a song and dance whilst I was out.
I went to do some shopping and when I was gone it started to drizzle. When I got home I found M & M in the garden.
I went in to find Fred painting some of his model soldiers so I asked him why the girls were out in the rain. He said they would not come in for him.
He told me that he had gone to the front door and called them in - they just looked at him and stayed where they were. Then he stepped out to usher them in and they ran off round the side of the house into the back garden so he came back in and walked through to the back door and called them in. Same thing happened and they ran back round to the front garden with big chow grins on their faces so he walked back through the house to the front door and called them in. They just stood and grinned at him and ran back round to the back so he closed the door and left them, knowing I would be back soon.
I called them in and they both came in immediately. Then they stood and waited for their towels! :lol:
Today, we were preparing the kitchen garden plot and Milly was thrilled. She sneaked in through the little gate and had a good look round. The vegetable plot is forbidden territory as far as they are concerned - ever since the spring several years ago when they uprooted all the runner beans and French beans I had just planted whilst we went in for our lunch and we went back out to find all the little plants, together with all the canes in a pile on the lawn with Milly and Mabel lying by them, proud as Punch of themselves. Anyway, Milly had her time in the veg. plot and sniffed just about everything. :wink:
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Auddymay

Re: M & M Defied Fred

Post by Auddymay »

Sweet little baggages! Minds of their owns, for certain!
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Hmmph!

Sweet - ?

Baggages - Yes.

Minds of their own - No! They have one mind and they share it!! :lol:
puddinglove
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by puddinglove »

Oh, that "you can't make me" chow grin...

And the fact that they stood waiting to be dried off!

Poor Fred.
TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TJordan »

Ohhh I see a rotten streak, I recognize it well!!!! They are so funny!
SweetPea Rocks!!
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

Milly and Mabel really put Fred through his paces, didn't they?! They are so funny!!
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

:lol: Poor Fred, Alf does that to Pete... alot :shock:
Thank you Elodie!
ciaobella
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ciaobella »

I love chow humor, I hope Fred does too. :lol:
Sandy
Owned by Sophie
KathrynH
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by KathrynH »

I love how they have such a mind of their own LOL I can just imagine Fred's frustration
Thanks so much sweetpea!!!
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

Fred just needs to realize that the ladies do what they please. I am sure it is a big game to them who can outsmart whom.

David
ChowLady
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ChowLady »

Dont you just that love that chow grin.lol All 5 of our chows put my Pete through his paces and often they will not come in or do anything for him and as soon as I speak they do as I say. LOL Just have to love them, with their stubborn streak. They all know that they maybe stubborn but I am worse and I win lol, where as my Pete doesnt, he gives in to them and they know they can walk over him. :lol:
In Loving memory of Catbalou, Teisha, Tiara & Quoncha. .
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

Judy,

Bravo!!! =D= =D= Milly and Mabel, Bravo!!! =D= =D=

I think I understand the problem... Milly and Mabel's Royal Courtyard is being referred
to as a mere, "garden"??? And, their Royal Robes being referred to as, "towels"???
No wonder they wouldn't listen to Fred! :lol: :lol: :lol:
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

ciaobella wrote:I love chow humor, I hope Fred does too. :lol:

:lol: Exactly that! Sweet M&M were feeling a bit of Spring foolery.
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
Rowlee
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rowlee »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Poor Fred!

Thanks so much Sweetpea, you're a star!
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Awwwwww M& M! :D Tsk, tsk, tsk! :D

Do they love being toweled? Special loves it when I towel him after he comes in from the rain.
This photo arrangement is the wonderful work of Sweetpea
kiwani
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by kiwani »

Judy Fox wrote:I went in to find Fred painting some of his model soldiers so I asked him why the girls were out in the rain. He said they would not come in...
"NO, NO, NO!!! We will NOT come in to help Fred paint model soldiers, using our lovely tails as paintbrushes!!! You CAN'T make us!!!"
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

LOL @ Kiwani! :D
This photo arrangement is the wonderful work of Sweetpea
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Judy Fox »

Kiwani! :lol: :lol:

And yes, they love being towel dried and will hold up one foot after another to have them dried. They are so funny!!
But they are going through a stage at the moment of just not doing as he tells them. They love him and love playing and going round the garden with him but they just will not come in for him!! 8)
chris

Post by chris »

Oh goodness Judy I needed that giggle! Poor Fred. :-)
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Judy Fox »

Poor Fred, my eye!!

He mards them - they can do nothing wrong - he is almost as bad as his sister with dogs!

They can twist him round their beautiful paws.

They have him totally sussed!! :lol: :lol:
bubba
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by bubba »

Judy

you would not have them any other way..

my chow often runs around the house giving me the Chow laugh ..

what is most amusing is when he is off lead and takes the the wind and the woods ...

it appears as if Fred took this affront with proper equaninity.. realizing

a drizzel of rain is not enough for a proper chow to take notice of ....

I can just imagine Fred at his work table and a very fine tipped brush placing proper coulors on the Queens own.. an excellent thing to do requiring a steady hand and knowledge..

My current thing is to work on a 30 year old MGB, .. ,a Marque you should be familiar with..

my best to the girls ,
you and the better half too..
michael

http://www.insightmeditationcenter.org/ ... imity.html

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/equanimity
Etymology: Latin aequanimitas, from aequo animo with even mind
Date: circa 1616
1 : evenness of mind especially under stress <nothing could disturb his equanimity>
2 : right disposition : balance <physical equanimity>
synonyms equanimity, composure, sangfroid mean evenness of mind under stress. equanimity suggests a habit of mind that is only rarely disturbed under great strain <accepted her troubles with equanimity>. composure implies the controlling of emotional or mental agitation by an effort of will or as a matter of habit <maintaining his composure even under hostile questioning>. sangfroid implies great coolness and steadiness under strain <handled the situation with professional sangfroid>.
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Judy Fox »

Michael - I would not have them any different and neither would Fred. :D
They are just perfect the way they are and of course, you have summed up Fred's attitude perfectly. Like the man he is he just thought as you said a little drizzle would not harm them!!
Indeed if it had been more they would have flung the door open and stormed in!! Totally affronted that he had not had the decency to open the door and call them in!
They are ladies!
However, he is an absolute soft touch with them and as I have said, almost as bad as his sister is with dogs.
Now, I tell the truth, I really do and I say as a did when I was a little girl, with my friends in junior school,

"Cross my heart and hope to die, if I tell a bare faced lie!"

His sister Hazel has always had dogs and always rescues of the small, terrier type cross - most favourably black and white and always girls. They have always had the names, Queenie, Peggy or Sally. The current girl is a cute little girl, taken off the street and now in a wonderful home - she is about the fourth Sally! :wink:

The ones before the current Sally were three - and yes, you have probably guessed right - Queenie, and the twin babies found under a hedge and picked up by her late husband, barely able to eat and they were Peggy and Sally.

Well, these three ladies grew to be old ladies and the last one died at about the age of 13 about five years ago. But, they lived the lives of princesses. My dear sister-in-law and her late husband had no family so the dogs were their youngsters. Hazel, like her mother before her, wears an apron in the house and usually only takes it off to go out or when the Parish Priest arrives. Her aprons have pockets and in the pockets she carries handkerchieves. Beautifully washed and ironed - one for her and one for the dog! At the moment, one for her and one for Sally the 4th.

But when she had the three, she had four in her pockets. One for each of them and for herself. There were different colours or designs and she knew which one was for which dog and if one of the dogs had a runny nose or a slobbery chin, out would come the appropriate hanky and the nose or chin would be wiped and the hanky stowed back in the pocket.

Life is easier for her at the moment with only one Sally. :lol:

Also, each dog had a napkin and the eating bowl would be put down on the napkin and after the meal was over, the mouth would be wiped with the napkin which if clean enough would be folded and put by for the next meal - if not, it would be popped into the washing machine.

I tell ya' - I love my girls so much - but......................!! :?

When we have taken M & M to visit, by some way not yet noticed by either Fred or me, two extra hankies appear out of her apron pockets and the noses are wiped.

I suspect Fred would like me to be a little more particular in the direction of his sister's standards - but he can go and whistle! :shock: She is O.K. though - my sister-in-law!

Please give the Brave Patriot a huggle from me and The Beautiful lady, cat, hens, rooster (have you got a new rooster yet) and many good wishes to your Lady Wife.

The MG we are familiar with and envy you the work. The colour we like best is British Racing Green. What colour is yours.
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Judy Fox wrote: "Cross my heart and hope to die, if I tell a bare faced lie!"
Quite a difference, our version is "Cross my heart and hope to die, stick a needle in my eye!" :lol:
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Judy Fox »

We were gentle little souls from the depths of the Welsh Hills!

Yours is good though Zhu's Mommy. :lol:
carolyn dewrance
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by carolyn dewrance »

Oh poor Fred getting wet all for nothing, bad M.& M.
When my Sinjon was alive he used to dry himself off with the towel, taking it out of my hands and rolling around in it, I never had to dry him he did it all himself, he was so funny, but I loved him so much.
Carolyn
Carolyn Dewrance
4 Fernwood Close
Richwood
Cape Town 7441