Molly is home :)

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

ngraham
Rank 3
Rank 3

Molly is home :)

Post by ngraham »

Just wanted to let everyone know that Molly is home with us now. :) Needless to say, we are in love. She is a precious, sweet little girl... and I do mean little. So far, Koda is doing fine. He sniffed her a little bit and basically wasn't interested and Molly is too tired from the journey home to care. She is a little cuddle bug at this point and has already growled at Sam when he got too close to us. :) I must say I am pretty upset with Koda's breeder. There is absolutely no way King Koda was 8 weeks old when he came here. He had to be at least 12 weeks if not more, which explains why his fear was so severe, which just breaks my heart even more. Molly is so much smaller and less developed than Koda was at his "supposed" 8 weeks. But at least he is here with us where he is loved and adored and that's what matters now.
Anyway, here are some pictures of Molly's first evening home:

Koda and Molly

Koda and Molly again
Nancy and Tai

Post by Guest »

What a cutie! Glad she is home....she looks pooped!!
pannw1267
Rank 1
Rank 1

Molly is home

Post by pannw1267 »

She's beautiful. Now all her aunts, uncles, and cousins will celebrate her finding a wonderful home and enjoy watching her grow. Miah sends a special hello. Image
Patti & Jim, Max & Miah Image
pannw1267
Rank 1
Rank 1

Molly is home

Post by pannw1267 »

She's beautiful. Now all her aunts, uncles, and cousins will celebrate her finding a wonderful home and enjoy watching her grow. Miah sends a special hello. Image
Patti & Jim, Max & Miah Image
Debbie
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Debbie »

Welcome home Miss Molly - you are so beautiful - your family is so lucky to have you!

Nancy, I got both my boys after they were 3 months old as my breeder like to toilet train them and keep them with their mother until then, so maybe it's not unusual, but your breeder should have been truthful about it. Or could it be that Molly is just much tinier and a more petite little chowling.

In any event, you have your 2 lovely chows! Congratulations! \:D/

Debbie and Bones
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

That's the good thing about having AKC papered animals, they list the date of birth. Lily was 8 weeks when we got her. Molly the Dolly! She reminds me of someone close to me...hehe!
ciaobella
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ciaobella »

What a little sweetie! And she is a petite flower.

I don't know if this will make you feel any better Nancy, but with Sophie's pups the males were substantially bigger than the females. I realize they were mixes and not pure chow, but it looked like *Censored Word* defined body size in that case. Maybe its that way with chows in general....?

Anyway, welcome home, little Molly! :D
Sandy
Owned by Sophie

Post by Guest »

How much does she weigh? I am curious as to her weight in comparison to Chingers......
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

what a cuddly beautiful littel girl

Welcome home Molly,
Sharon, JR and Cheyenne
sweetpea
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sweetpea »

Oh she is so pretty!
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

She is beautiful Nancy! :) Oh! that beautiful chowling smell! :lol:
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
IliamnasQuest
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by IliamnasQuest »

There's nothing much cuter than a chow puppy. What an adorable face.

Melanie and the gang in Alaska
Odessa's mum
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Odessa's mum »

Congratulations on finding a new home Molly =D= , and welcome to our site.

You look so sweet and cuddly that my mum wants to get a puppy like you for me to play with. Let us know how you are adjusting to your mum and brother :), we would love to hear some stories once you get used to your home.

Kisses

Odessa
ngraham
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ngraham »

Morning #1. LOL Molly did really well last night... not one bit of crying. Of course she had no reason to cry... she slept in bed with me. :) I know I'm bad but I figure this will be the last puppy for a good long time and I may as well enjoy it while I can. :) She slept all night long last night, we turned in pretty early because after only 2 hours of sleep the night before, I was exhausted. She got up and went potty this morning. She is not used to the grass yet, she's either been on a whelping bed or saw dust all of her life, so the grass is a new experience for her. She didn't particularly care for the grass this morning... it was wet and cold. Amber who was so worried about Koda feeling neglected and was not going to mess with the puppy, has fallen in love. They went to Wal-Mart last night and bought her a pink poodle collar with sparkles and a bell on it and a matching leash. LOL She won't use them long, obviously, but so much for not messing with the puppy. Sam has been excellent with her. He loves her. He's real gentle with her. I was surprised because he is usually such a spaz and he sure isn't around Molly. So far Koda has been pretty indifferent with her. She has kept her tail up with all of her experience with both boys, so that is a good sign. She isn't scared of them. I am mixing her old food with the Nutro, and she prefers the Nutro. Another smart chow. :)
As far as Koda's age goes... it wasn't just the size, he was far more developed when he came home than Molly is, so even tho she is a female and very petite, I know he was no 8 weeks old when they brought him home to me. And now alot more of the pieces of the puzzle come together. He was so terribly timid, scared and shy when he got here. And it makes sense that if he had at least another 4 weeks with his not being treated right, that he would come to me the way that he did. But be that as it may, he is here now and loved and that's all that matters.
Nancy and Tai

ngraham
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ngraham »

ChowLover wrote:How much does she weigh? I am curious as to her weight in comparison to Chingers......
I don't know for sure because I don't have a scale, but I estimate 7 or 8 pounds.
Nancy and Tai

sweetpea
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sweetpea »

Nancy, did you take Koda with you to pick up Molly?
Gracie was the same way, never cried or made a sound her first night, or any night after that. It was like she knew she was where she belonged. When we went to pick her up we took Princess with us, The long drive home gave the two a little time to check each other out. By the next morning they were best friends. Princess ready to teach Gracie all her tricks!
Molly is so pretty. Makes me want a brother for Gracie!
Rogansmommy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Rogansmommy »

She's adorable!!! I'm glad to hear she's fitting in well.
Michele

^Rogan^ at the Bridge on 5/16/09 -- always in my heart
TXSusiQ
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by TXSusiQ »

I'm so glad she's home with you!
Mommy to Cabo
ngraham
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ngraham »

No I didn't take Koda with me. It was such a long drive. He loves riding in the car, but I just figured it would be too long for him. But he was sure glad to see me when I got home.... until he saw what I had with me. LOL
Nancy and Tai

Brisco
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Brisco »

Congratulations on your new family Molly. I bet you can teach them some new things if you start early. Watch out for that Koda, It looks like he has eyes for you in those pics.
No matter where you go, there you are.
Samorrathis
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Samorrathis »

What a cutie pie! It seems like only yesterday that Nanuk was so small, she kinda remind me of him :D I wish you many years of happiness with your new buddle of joy!
Image___________________________
Christine & Nanuk
Murphy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Murphy »

Molly is so adorable. Makes the 3 weeks wait so worth it, I bet.
King Koda looks good with her too.
Best wishes to your growing family!
- M & M, Michelle and Murphy
Mandy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Mandy »

I've been out of town for a while but had to say that she is just beautiful. I will post more later but congrats Nancy and family! I'm so happy for all of you and I really hope we can find a way to get all our pups together this summer.

Hugs
Mandy, Chewie, & Cayenne