Toronto Chow Get Together -- 1st Monthly Meeting photos!

Plan for Chow Chow gatherings in your city.

Moderator: chowadmin

TigerTiger
Rank 1
Rank 1

Toronto Chow Get Together -- 1st Monthly Meeting photos!

Post by TigerTiger »

Hi Everybody,

We -- your highness: Odessa, the cutiest: Coco, and myself, the greatest: Tiger -- had finally arranged a meeting, which took place in our lovely water front leash free park, this past Sunday. We decided we are going to meet on a regular basis from now on (depends on our servants schedule and availability, of course :lol: ). Currently, we are planning a picnic either later on this month or in June. Any of you, who is from the surrounding area of Toronto, is welcome to joint. Non-furred little brothers and sisters are also welcome. We of course will be also providing food to our and your servants. :wink:

Ok, here are some of the pictures:

from left to right: Ethan (Odessa's non-furred brother), one of odessa's servant -- her mom, one of my servant -- my mommy, Andrew (Coco's non-furred brother), Coco's servant -- his mom.

from left to right: your highness --Odessa, the greatest -- Tiger, the cutiest -- Coco.

the cutiest -- Coco.

your highness -- Odessa.

Do we make a good couple or not? -- Odessa & Tiger

the cutiest and his best pal.
Purple kisses from Tiger xxxxxx

Karen, Pablo & Tiger
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

Wow! Such a royal get together - great pictures!

:D

Karen, Shiloh, and Mr. N
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Great photos and what a fantastic way to get together! The Bay Area parents of chows (including Pekoe) thought of having a picnic once (I, Zhuyo, wanted to throw a fiesta) but figured we had a pretty feisty group with Queen Pekoe and our Princes Nahnoke and Kodi requiring their own park and what kind of get together picnic would that be if we were in our own parks, I ask you?! So the thought was postponed. However, if Pekoe moves back north, Miss Pooh Bear and I want to throw her a welcome back FIESTA! Sheena, Leo are you in?

Huhuharroup!
Zhuyo (and his cute baby sister, Miss Pooh Bear)
Mandy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Mandy »

What an awesome time! I'm so happy you all found each other to play! Great pictures!!!
Mandy, Chewie, & Cayenne
Odessa's mum
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Odessa's mum »

Hi Tiger

Wow we made great pictures at our meeting, can't say the same for my brother and mom though :roll:

Thanks a lot for posting the pictures as I was waiting to see them. The picnic sounds great and I am looking forward to it.

Hey Coco, I'll try not to trouble you the next time we meet, got a talking to from mom when we got home for being naughty. But we had fun in the end right :wink:

So till me meet again, kisses for all

Her Highness Odessa
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

It looks like such a wonderful day! I hope you have many, many more wonderful days like that! We're always saying how much fun it would be to meet up with other chows and their "servants" :lol: from the forum. Thanks so much for sharing the pics!!
LEO's mum
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by LEO's mum »

Such lovely pictures!! And the chows look soo happy :D Lou, of course, count us in for any bayarea specials!
Love & Purple Kisses, LEO(Leonora) & mum
simbasmom
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by simbasmom »

Hi Tiger and Odessa,
It was a lovely day in the park.. I had alot of fun..
Odessa, I will try not to be such a scaredy chow next time.. I just get a little nervous around people and I hardly ever see and other chowdren around.. there isn't very many chows or other dogs around where I live. My mom takes me almost everywhere she goes these days so I get used to meeting new people and travelling in the car (sometimes she even lets me sit in the front seat). I hope we can get our servants to get together a few more times before I move away in the summer.
Purple kisses, Coco
danny32tl
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by danny32tl »

Where is the get together... I live in North Toronto area.... thanks
TigerTiger
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by TigerTiger »

Hi Danny,

We got together in the leash free park in Mississaga last Sunday. And we are planning another one -- a picnic -- sometime soon -- have not yet set a day, but most likely will be on a Sunday. Where are you located? And please pm me with your email address in order for us to keep you updated.

We are looking for more chow "servants" to joint us........Looking forward to hear from you!

Karen

Karen, Pablo & Tiger
Shane
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Shane »

It must have been fun. If my memory serves me right several other chow groups does this and it was said to be a real blast all the time.

Shane
SWANCIN
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by SWANCIN »

Wow, great pics of everyone. What a lovely sight!! Thanks SO much for sharing.

PS: Lou, I'm still game for that get-together when/wherever possible. Karen, others in the SF/SJ Cal. Bay Area, how about you?

Take care,
Cindy & Kodi

I Wanna Go Chase Something!!!!!
Compliments of SWEETPEA - Banner Artiste Extraordinaire

Dogster page: http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=36558
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

I have a better idea, why don't we all just move to Canada. I think I read it takes over a year for Canada to allow you in as a resident (glad at least one county has some brains) maybe if we all applied for a Group plan we could get in and have Chow picnics everyday. Don't forget to bring the fired Chicken and home made potato salad.
TigerTiger
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by TigerTiger »

Hi Jeff and all others,

All chowdrens and their servants are welcome here in Toronto. We will definetly have lots of fun -- a real chow fiesta!!!!! :lol:

Hum, Group Plan -- good idea, should propose this to immigration Canada.

No sure about the 1 year residencial rule, when we moved here from San Francisco, we got our immigration status in about 6 months.

Karen, Pablo & Tiger
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

The one or more years for residency may have been just after the election, right after the election there were thousands of people wanting to move to Canada, I remember I was joking with Judy and Roxanna about moving to Canada, The Canadian website went from a few hundred hits a day to thousands of hits a day. Canada may have just posted that so we all wouldn't be rushing to Canada. I won't say who or what election.
TigerTiger
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by TigerTiger »

"Who & Which election"............Hum make you wonder whoelse will that be.......

Yeah, my husband said that we are lucky that we made our decision to move up here six years ago.........

I still have not yet got use to the winter driving, but Tiger just loves the snow............

Karen, Pablo & Tiger
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Hello Toronto chows!

We haven't heard from you lately. The Bay Area chows recently held a ChowFest. A few of our photos are in the Special Events section if you would like to see them. I sent a Magic Carpet to pick up Dakota in Edmonton. We're going to have another ChowFest next year. You are welcome to come. If so, PM me in advance so I can arrange transport.

Anyways, I was wondering if you all got along as great as we did?

Hugs and Kisses,
:x Miss Pooh Bear
chris

Post by chris »

What fun... Im so jelouse... Steel and I missed 2 chow get togethers... F L O P...
Seems like no one here in the midwest wants to get together. :-(

You know.. those pictures make our Chows look H U G E.. lol.. Big teady bears.. all are so beautiful.
pannw1267
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by pannw1267 »

What wonderful pictures of beautiful chows!!! :D I'm glad you had a great day! :!:
I'm jealous, too, like Chris. ...and I'm from New Jersey... :oops: :lol:
Patti & Jim, Max & Miah Image
TigerTiger
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by TigerTiger »

Hello, Hello, It's Tiger here.

Mom and Dad are very busy lately, as they are preparing their trip to the far east -- does anyone know where there is??? :roll: Myself, of course is very busy too -- to chase all the critters (It's summer, Yeah!) and packing for myself as I will be staying in Aunt Cecilia's during the time that mom and dad are gone. 8)

The picutres are great! And yes, dear miss pooh bear, I would love to joint your guys for the next getogether! I will ask my mom and dad take me to CA to visit my little brother -- Bear during that time. Can we have him to joint too? He is a 5 yrs old Bernese Mountain dog, I promise he will be good and you will all get along even though he's not a chow! :D

Tiger

Karen, Pablo & Tiger