Animal Bill of rights petition.

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Animal Bill of rights petition.

Post by Jeff&Peks »

You can sign this petition at:

http://www.aldf.org/billofrights/index.php

Act Now | Animal Bill of Rights

The struggle to end cruelty to animals is not an easy one. But there is something easy you can do right now to make a difference in the lives of abused animals. It's as quick and simple as typing in your name.

Through the Animal Bill of Rights, we are working to show Congress a groundswell of support for legislation that protects animals and recognizes their rights. Ultimately, we hope the petition will be a bill. In the meantime, the thousands of signatures on this petition send a clear message to our legislators that Americans strongly support legal protection for animals. When animal-related legislation is proposed, Congress will remember the huge number of signatures on the Animal Bill of Rights. With that in mind, they will cast a vote for the animals.

A Petition to the United States Congress

I, the undersigned American citizen, believe that animals, like all sentient beings, are entitled to basic legal rights in our society. Deprived of legal protection, animals are defenseless against exploitation and abuse by humans. As no such rights now exist, I urge you to pass legislation in support of the following basic rights for animals:

THE RIGHT of animals to be free from exploitation, cruelty, neglect and abuse.

THE RIGHT of laboratory animals not to be used in cruel or unnecessary experiments.

THE RIGHT of farm animals to an environment that satisfies their basic physical and psychological needs.

THE RIGHT of companion animals to a healthy diet, protective shelter, and adequate medical care.

THE RIGHT of wildlife to a natural habitat, ecologically sufficient to a normal existence and self-sustaining species population.

THE RIGHT of animals to have their interests represented in court and safeguarded by the law of the land.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage

Post by Guest »

Sorry, animals do not have rights and they never will.
nuke

Post by nuke »

Anonymous wrote:Sorry, animals do not have rights and they never will.
And that was me. I forgot to log in.

Post by Guest »

Another thought:

If animals have rights, do they then have responsibilities towards society?

If an bear kills a human by a river, would the bear go on trial for manslaughter?
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:Another thought:

If a bear kills a human by a river, would the bear go on trial for manslaughter?
Of course its you, You don't have to sign in we all know its you. Who else is that dumb.

If it were you the Bear killed I would be buying it a Prime rib dinner at the restaurant of the Bears Choice.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

I signed it Jeff! I love the idea.

Oh come on Nuke. Those really are stupid things you said... not tryin' to be cruel but I'm 16 and I know thing change. And hopefully this will be one for the better. Animals shouldn't have to be put through cruel things... They don't want to be and I bet if you had those kinds of things happen to you, you would be VERY ticked. Oh, and if somebody is stupid enough to fool with a bear then they probably deserve to die...

Jess
Last edited by Tippsy'smom on Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
Chow Chow Mama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Chow Chow Mama »

I signed it. I wrote a persuasive research paper on Animal Rights for one of my English classes :D
ImageImageImage
mikkabear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by mikkabear »

Ok I signed it.
Natasha
and
Cue
Princess
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Princess »

I`d sign it but i`m Canadian LOL... I think that would make it void...
I solicited people (along with other volunteers) to sign a similar petitionfor the house of commons to change Canadian animal laws after the severe dog abuse that occured in ditsbury last year.. Unfortunately i don`t think anything has changed. Hope this one goes better for you guys

:)
ImageImage
chow fancier
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chow fancier »

Jeff - Thanks for bringing it to our attention. I signed and I'll forward the link.
Jerilyn
Banner courtesy of the amazing Sweetpea.

Until there are none, adopt one!

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/631376
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/650868
KathrynH
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by KathrynH »

I signed it and then posted the site on my myspace LOL I know SO MANY animal lovers I know that will sign it!
Thanks so much sweetpea!!!
sit_by_the_beach
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sit_by_the_beach »

Princess wrote:I`d sign it but i`m Canadian LOL... I think that would make it void...
I solicited people (along with other volunteers) to sign a similar petitionfor the house of commons to change Canadian animal laws after the severe dog abuse that occured in ditsbury last year.. Unfortunately i don`t think anything has changed. Hope this one goes better for you guys

Thanks Jeff for posting this. It's o.k. to sign as a Canadian, you're not voting in an election, that would be illegal. Canada and it's territories and provinces are on the list, quite legal.

I signed the Canadian one too. $2,000 fine for animal cruelty is just a slap on the wrist,
Karin
KARIN &
chowMIKKI

Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

I signed it and forwarded it to all my friends and family. I sign things like this every chance I get. Animals are treated horribly in 'factory farming', labs, backyards, all over the world and it's inexcusable.
nuke

Post by nuke »

Only a naive person would sign this.

Animals are a source of food for us. They are also our pets. They have no rights... they are just regulated like any other natural resource.

How many of us have eaten meat? Did that animal deserve to die just so you could eat meat? Think about how stupid you are, Jeff.
nuke

Re: Animal Bill of rights petition.

Post by nuke »

Jeff&Peks wrote: THE RIGHT of animals to have their interests represented in court and safeguarded by the law of the land.
LOL!

So animals will have lawyers that will represent their interests in court?

Basically, you are a woman.
nuke

Post by nuke »

Jeff&Peks wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:Another thought:

If a bear kills a human by a river, would the bear go on trial for manslaughter?
Of course its you, You don't have to sign in we all know its you. Who else is that dumb.

If it were you the Bear killed I would be buying it a Prime rib dinner at the restaurant of the Bears Choice.
Why would you want me killed? I have never killed another animal in my life. I have eaten them though...just like you and Pekoe. Are you a hypocrite or just an idiot?

Maybe because I have an opinion that differs from your narrow view, you would like to see me dead?

I am far more intelligent than you presume, based on your previous responses.
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

sit_by_the_beach wrote:
Princess wrote:I`d sign it but i`m Canadian LOL... I think that would make it void...

Thanks Jeff for posting this. It's o.k. to sign as a Canadian, you're not voting in an election, that would be illegal. Canada and it's territories and provinces are on the list, quite legal.

I signed the Canadian one too. $2,000 fine for animal cruelty is just a slap on the wrist,
Karin
Canadian Votes are welcomed, to bad Canadians didn't sneak some votes in during the Presidential election Things may have turned out better.

One thing Bush and Nuke have in common, they both learned to fart from their mouths. It must be the high IQ's

ImageImage
Desi
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Desi »

nuke wrote:
Jeff&Peks wrote: THE RIGHT of animals to have their interests represented in court and safeguarded by the law of the land.
LOL!

And what exactly do you mean by that?
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Desi wrote:
nuke wrote:
LOL!

And what exactly do you mean by that?
He means he wants to date me, Why do you think he follows me around. Sorry Nuke, Like Chris said I'm not available.
Nuke, go find your self a nice guy like Chris did.
Last edited by Jeff&Peks on Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ImageImage
nuke

Post by nuke »

Animals are just like you and I, there is no difference. We all have rights.

Animals need good lawyers now that there interests are going to be represented. Maybe animals need animal mind readers first, so we can ascertain what there actual interests are?

As long as no human kills an animal for food, and as long as no animal kills a human, then I think we are all okay.

Jeff, can't we all just get along? Sorry, but some asinine, liberal fantasy world does not translate into this real world.
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

The good thing about nuke is he keeps my post alive and at the top. The more he opens his mouth the more people go sign the Pitition. People like Nuke are very handy to keep around.

ImageImage
nuke

Post by nuke »

Jeff, I will sign that petition as soon as you stop feeding yourself and Pekoe animal meat.

As soon as you stop consuming all animal products, I will sign that worthless petition.

After, I will become an animal lawyer so I can represent their true feelings.
sit_by_the_beach
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sit_by_the_beach »

Just curious Nuke, what do you feed your chow? Veggies?
Karin
KARIN &
chowMIKKI

nuke

Post by nuke »

sit_by_the_beach wrote:Just curious Nuke, what do you feed your chow? Veggies?
Karin
I feed him Nutro, plenty of good meat for Ziggy.

On the other hand, I don't post about animal rights like a hypocrite.

What Jeff posted is a joke to me.
Desi
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Desi »

Where in that bill does it say farm animals need to die of old age???
Raising cattle for food doesn't mean you have to abuse while they're alive !

My 13 year old starts silly arguments every time he gets the chance,pretty much like you do.
His excuse is puberty.
The fact that his iq is 128 and he only gets 100's on his report cards, show intelligence is no guarantee for adult behavior.

Jeff,if we were both single I'd take you out on a date,maybe even Taco Bell.Does that make me gay now that you're declared female by Nuke??