DooWapppppppp

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

BooBooBear
Rank 1
Rank 1

DooWapppppppp

Post by BooBooBear »

Is Sydey a Breeder?

Leo(Booboobear) 12/23/1993-3/3/2007

"You'll Always Be In My Heart"
I will always cherish your unconditional friendship!!!
BooBooBear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by BooBooBear »

OOPs, i meant Sydney, sorry.

Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

I could be way off target...but I think that Sydney is either on of Luana's alias's or one of her cronies.
He only shows up when Luana is harassing us!

Sharon

JR AND CHEYENNE

another special from SWEETPEA PRODUCTIONS

Post by Guest »

I thought so, i asked him/her to PM me! I have done no wrong here. All of you have told me so :) I know in my heart i did no wrong! I just want a Chow to love 4ever :wink: I responed to the Chowsru & then so did Sydney :o
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

I was going to say the same thing, if its who i'm thinking, that's another one not to get involved with, if its the same person.

Of course you do know Sharon we just opened this thread to harassing and a potential Moderator lockdown.
Last edited by Jeff&Peks on Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
BooBooBear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by BooBooBear »

That's weird, i came up Guest! The post guest was me, Booboobear! Jeff, war?

Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Never mind, change the word war to harassing like Sharon said.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage

Post by Guest »

Okay! I'm learning!

Post by Guest »

WoW, i'm Guest again, poor Jeff! Sorry
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Sydney is someone who adopted 2 Chows from Luana. She has also made some comments about chow health issues and such, but is most memorable for her defense of Luana. Since she had a successful adoption, she understandably sides with Luana. Maybe she sees a side of Luana we have never seen, and sides to us that we don't acknowledge, either. She is a separate person, although the confusion came from Luana making extra personnas at the same time Sydney joined. While you may not agree with what she says, she is merely defending an underdog (of sorts). I don't know if her views of the Khon tradegy reflects Luana or not. Her position was that Luana was ganged up on. I hope that clarifies the confusion.
BooBooBear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by BooBooBear »

Thank you! Can't say what i'd like to, but i so don't feel sorry for either of them! Yep, ive changed my tude and moven on!!! Smooth sailing!

Sydney
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Sydney »

Hi Sydney here. First off, I'm a she.

Auddymay summed it up pretty well. I've had a few PM's with her and shared a little of myself with her.

Alan & Sharon, Luana is simply put a friend of mine. Friendship started after adopting 2 chows from her several years ago. Yes, I come to the defense of my friends but I do not compromise what I myself believe. So what I post is what I myself believe. Yes, Luana was direct and stated her views. She has a right to do so. And then everyone else stated there views, in a crude way, I might add, I believe that to be your right too. The entire thread and threads thereafter became just post after post of personal attacks and really disgusting statements directed at her but that's freedom of speech. She stated what she thought happened in the case of Khon, that's her right and also freedom of speech. Her interests are always first and formost for the welfare of the chow breed. Alot of other people just tried to find ways to be as "ugly" as they could be regarding a person that they don't even know but again that's their right. If I judged everyone by what they posted, I would have to wonder about the majority of you. It's pretty obvious that people emblish, lie and sometimes just say what they think the others want to hear. Well, I don't do that and Luana obviously doesn't either. I would rather have someone tell me like it is. I realize that's not everyone's flavor and I accept that. It makes for a more interesting forum and also possibly, if we let it, a forum we can all learn something from. You're all welcome to stay away from me as Jeff put it. I'm not here to make friends. I come on here to learn and have done so through some people like Kiwani, who always has great medical advice. I've also found some great grooming tools. But, when I see a lynch mob going after someone that I consider a friend, you bet, you'll hear from me.

Sydney
Sydney
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Sydney »

Almost forgot, NO I'm not a breeder and I've PM'ed BooBooBear regarding that. I responded first to Chowsru and asked if they were a "breeder". Chowsru shows a website and appears to be a "backyard" breeder. Shouldn't be selling on chowchow.org..................and I wouldn't think that anyone would want to be buying from his type.
chris

Post by chris »

You know.. I have to comment on the back yard breader thing. I have come to realize that I got Steel from a back yard breeder in TX. I started to realize this when I noticed that when I took Steel to the vet, he had a umbilical hernia. I thought I would do the good deed and send the breeder an email just to let them know and to have the mother checked. I am the type of person that would keep in touch with the breeder and send pictures every so often and so on... BUT... I have not heard anything from them since.. oh 1-2 times after I got Steel. I have even mailed letters and have tried to telephone them. (no such number anymore). SO I have no idea what happend. But in any event.. I'm glad that I have Steel. He is my pride and joy and my happieness. Yes, it is risky getting a pup from a back yard breeder... but some mean well. and I would hate to think of who "could have" gotten Steel instead of me. Every puppy needs a good loving home to go to. don't you think? I wouldn't want to "condem" a puppy just because it is coming from a BYB. that is just my thoughts on it. Not all BYB's are bad... and some for that matter, is how they start out.. is it not? I have no idea as I am not a breeder obviously. :D Then again... I am not really looking for that "show quality" chow. If he/she is.. Great.. thats a bonus... but all I ever want is a chow to love and be loved by. A companion.. a bud. I guess if I were looking for something more than that... If I planned on breeding or becoming a breeder and wanted to show my chow.. then I guess it would be a different story and I would probably be looking for a very well know breeder who has done it for years and so on.
do I make sense? sometimes I tend to go on and on and on and on.... LOL :D

by the way... if any of you are wondering.. No, I am not a kid.. I am 1/2 way to 70... OMG.. I should not put it like that... LOL :wink:
LEO's mum
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by LEO's mum »

Sydney, I have read what you stated on this thread, I have also read what Luana stated on Kohn's thread. While I do believe that one has a right to state one's mind, there is a sensible and insensible way of doing so. Also, this is a forum, one has the right to speak but at the same time a duty to listen to what others have said on the topic, or one is just "out of order". Yes, I do fear how my posts are taken by others, but that is social manners, no one is an island. I was agahst by some of the childish/unprofessional remarks made by both camps. We do not have to dive that low. It is a real pity that you feel that you are not here to make friends, because I think the love for Chows and the respect most people have for one another is what makes this forum so special. But then again, that's your right to feel that way....

I've had my say, I'll jump off the soap box....
chris

Post by chris »

Good, because you are taller than me when you are up there. :wink:
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

LEO's mum wrote:Sydney, I have read what you stated on this thread, I have also read what Luana stated on Kohn's thread. While I do believe that one has a right to state one's mind, there is a sensible and insensible way of doing so. Also, this is a forum, one has the right to speak but at the same time a duty to listen to what others have said on the topic, or one is just "out of order". Yes, I do fear how my posts are taken by others, but that is social manners, no one is an island. I was agahst by some of the childish/unprofessional remarks made by both camps. We do not have to dive that low. It is a real pity that you feel that you are not here to make friends, because I think the love for Chows and the respect most people have for one another is what makes this forum so special. But then again, that's your right to feel that way....

I've had my say, I'll jump off the soap box....
I have to say that I totally agree. I am a great beliver in freedom of speech, but also in social niceties. Life is so much more enjoyable because of it! Plus, I think it is because we care for Chows & are friendly that we are able to learn from each other.
Thank you Elodie!
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

In defense of Sydney, she sent me a very nice note about Yoshi and gave me some great advice on how to take care of him. We can't always agree with everyone and what they say but Sydney does have a good heart and does care about chows. She stood up for her friend, and I give her alot of credit for that. I don't agree with what L said but neither do I agree what others posted too. It was a bad situation made worse by many. Please lets not attack people because we disagree with their views. A simple statement like I disagree. Is so much better, it would stop those horrible threads where nothing is accomplished besides getting hurt and hurting people. We all have the freedom of speech but also the freedom to not to speak. I will get off my soap box.
Leos mum you are still Yoshi's auntie...

David
kiwani
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by kiwani »

Re: "I come on here to learn and have done so through some people like Kiwani, who always has great medical advice."

Thank you, Sydney. Luana and I sometimes correspond on Chow health and nutrition matters. I feel she's someone I can talk Chow with, is someone who can build on research information shared, and is as dedicated.
chris

Post by chris »

Dogdad wrote:I will get off my soap box.David
Good, because that makes you taller than me too. :D

I agree with what has been said here.. but, it only takes one person to run amuck and then you just know that isn't going to go without amuck back.
LEO's mum
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by LEO's mum »

David, I do apologise if my post read too agitated. One thing I must disagree with you. I would not commend standing up for a friend for the sake of standing up for a friend. We all have to make our own value judgements on what's just and what's not. Hmmm, I still sound agitated, don't I?

Anyways, Sydney is not a breeder, this I knew. Sydney was lucky enough to meet the requirements & adopt 2 chows from Luana, this I knew, too. Good for her, NOT in a menacing sense what so ever, for all parties involved, Sydney, Luana & the chows. Afterall, this is a chow forum, we do have the chows best interest at heart.

Lastly, but defintely not the least, I'm not giving up Yoshi's #2 Auntie position that easily, David. I'm here to stay :D
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

My, My look at this, Sharon and I started an amuck together(Is amuck the word Chris) Who would have guessed..

Dosn'rt matter to me who is who, BooBoobear seems overly sensitive to what people say on here. I'm just trying to get her a Chow. One wrong word from a Breeder or who ever she takes it like its personal then she thinks she can't get a Chow at all... The name of the game is homing a Chow not a popularity contest.

ImageImage
redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redangie24 »

Sydney wrote: Yes, Luana was direct and stated her views. She has a right to do so...She stated what she thought happened in the case of Khon, that's her right and also freedom of speech... Alot of other people just tried to find ways to be as "ugly" as they could be regarding a person that they don't even know but again that's their right. ...I would rather have someone tell me like it is. I realize that's not everyone's flavor and I accept that.
No, she DOES NOT have the right to go into a thread where a person is grieving the loss of a pet and call them a murderer.

She did not state what she thought happened she accused people of doing things that did not happen and w/o regard for personal feelings after a loss. If in a different thread she had stated that some dogs die from the conditions she talked about w/o calling someone a murder or saying yes that is what happened without a doubt that would have been more acceptable. She should have suggested that is probably what happend or highly likely to have happened.

Actually it IS my flavor for people to say it like it is. That is right up my alley. However, doing it w/o personal attacks is better. That is all she does is personal attacks. I argue or debate my side of things all the time, but I do not do personal attacks unless someone else does it first. Yes, I am petty enough for me to do what someone else has done. Lets look at some of her posts. And just the ones under her name not her alias'

Just from the thread when they were mourning their loss.

"Reading this thread, I don’t get the feeling that anyone has learned from this experience and that is what bothers me so much about this site. Everyone is expressing sympathy for the people involved, not trying to educate themselves on why this happened to poor Khon"

"torture him by allowing him to ride in the back of that hot cargo van"

"Just one of the reasons I find the chowchow.org web site to be a potential dangerous vehicle for irresponsible people to do more harm than good for the chows in need posted there."

"may of the people on the cc.org site are rejects from reputable chow rescue groups"

"through their ignorance, they have killed Khon"

"Hector clearly knew something was wrong with Khon and he could have prevented Khon's death, yet he just kept listening to Jay (the man that was getting rid of Khon)."

"chowchow.org contributed to the death of this young chow"

"That was not the place for those comments. Then there are these...
under her alias' There was advice hidden in there, but it was accusatory there is no way anyone would listen its just personal attack after personal attack.

"Take a hard look at the spot LuLu33 is in right now. Continue to give her such “good advice” and see where that leaves Cinnamon. She would not be in this spot if she had done her homework about Cinnamon in the first place and put a little work into finding out how to introduce two chows together in a home with children. Based on her posts here, she was determined to get another chow. Did she think about what would be best for Cinnamon in this process? Did she consider that she might be putting her children at risk by exposing them to a middle aged chow that had never lived with children? Doesn’t sound like it from her previous posts. She was just determined to get another chow. She used her heart instead of her head and life requires a balance between both.

"I does not sound like you have done a very good job introducing Cinnamon to your household and your daughter is paying the price for your irresponsible behavior."

First, for Bailey to be so frightened of Cinnamon from the beginning, indicates that you have not socialized Bailey very well with other dogs. That is very, very basic common sense with a young chow such as Bailey

I do know that she is knowledgeable about chows and I have come to her defense in a couple of situations. But at the same time she needs to have a heart and know where and how to say thngs. Also, if she wants to give advice and let people know she wholeheartely disagrees with something someone has done there are others ways of doing it w/o attacking someone. I was one of the ppl who said I would not agree with kicking her off. That I would never agree with. But there are ppl who would love to kick me off as well.. I am one of the more opinionated and abrasive members so I know about "telling it like it is." But even I can notice when it is not okay most of the time.

I thought what people said about her was for the most part true, but it did step over the line a couple of times. And when some people tried to lighten it up it actually came across worse. But it did have the intended result of moving the conversation. I think she does good work and is probably a good person, but she needs to be considerate of other ppl feelings.
Have a Chowfastic Day!!
chris

Post by chris »

Yeah, I wanna Kick you off Angie.. :wink:
redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redangie24 »

I know you do.... And jeff does.. and there are some others I know of but I won't call them out like you two...At least not today.
Have a Chowfastic Day!!