Best Case Scenerio

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Auddymay

Best Case Scenerio

Post by Auddymay »

Some of you may recall I got an unwanted addition to my household in the form of a pug named Connie this past spring. My husband Brian had been working me for months to help him get a puppy, and my argument was always the same-my husband's bad health gauranteed the pug would outlive him by at least 15 years...and I did NOT want that commitment. I would get a Chow before any other breed. So against my wishes, Connie arrived. I always considered a foster because of this. I knew I would be re-homing her.

Sadly, true to my prediction, Brian became gravely ill and died last Sunday. I thought about what to do with Connie long and hard. I finally offered her to my youngest step-daughter and she agreed to take her. Tomorrow, Connie goes to a home with a 4 year old male Lhasa Apso and 2 very young boys. At least the home is already child-proofed! Had she not wanted Connie, 2 different nephews offered to take her as well. I wish Chows were that easy to place.
Sarahloo
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Best Case Scenerio

Post by Sarahloo »

OMG your husband died! I am so, so sorry! :(
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

Auddy, I send my deepest sympathy to you and your family.

Nancy
reddog
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by reddog »

Dearest Auddy

My deepest, heartfelt sympathy to you and your family. I'm saying a special prayer for you.

Sincerely,
Pam
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

I'm sorry to have been so matter of fact...I've had a week to get used to the fact of his death, and his illness prepared me for the inevitable before that. I thank you all for your sympathies.

Connie went to her new home. She is an hour away and on to a big new adventure. I am happy with this outcome. And I was mistaken on the breed of her new brother. He is a border terrier (think Benji) named Costello...I said they should change her name to Abbott, and it seems my SIL already asked Shelly if they could change it. That one is still being considered.

Gotta go finish decorating my tree and putting the gifts that are on the table under the tree- now that nobody will be chewing on them!
Cocoa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cocoa »

My deepest sympathy on your loss. Although you had time to get used to the idea you can never be totally prepared. I am glad for you that you have found a solution for Connie.
cherriemater
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by cherriemater »

Audrey ... I'm encouraged by your posts. Life does go on and I'm glad you're taking it all in. Glad you found a home for Brian's pug, that burden lifted must ease your mind a great deal. How is your Lily taking all the changes?? How 'bout Hayley and her pup?? As I mentioned on FB, we've had you constantly in our thoughts and prayers. Purple kisses from the boys!!! They're getting so BIG!
Joe and Marti Martin ... Chow Chow lovers for Life (RIP Kimba 06/03/2011)
Hugo
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Hugo »

Auddymay,
My heartfelt thoughts to you. You poor lady. I'm pleased for you you managed to re home the Pug. Take care and be kind to yourself.
Michelle (Hugo)
Ursa's daddy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Ursa's daddy »

Auddymay,
My sympathy to you and your family. Even when you know it is coming, it is difficult. I am glad that Connie has been able to find a new home.

From all the pack,
George & Kitty, Ursa, Malachi, Maggie and Cleo, and the cats, Yoda, Ace, Bunny and Chelsea.
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Audrey,
I'm so so sorry to hear of your husbands passing. My heart goes out to you and Hayley. I know even with preparation, losing loved ones is never easy.

I'm glad you were able to find the pug a new home though.

Love and hugs;
Jess, Dixie and Jasper
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
Piff Poff
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Piff Poff »

Please accept my heartfelt condolences.
Thank you Sweatpea
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

I missed this till now though I saw your post on Fb. I am so sorry Audrey about the loss of your Brian as others said it doesn't matter how expected, it is still a shock. There are so many things to sort out and organise and I am thankful that you could find Connie a happy home to go to. Take care xxx
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

My deepest condolences Auddymay. Take care of yourself.
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
TyChowgirl
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by TyChowgirl »

Auddymay, I am deeply sorry for your loss. Even if you had time to prepare...no one can be fully ready. Glad to hear your pug found a new home. Purple kisses from Tiberius.
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

Audrey...as I posted on FB.....My deepest condolences for your loss.
You are in my thoughts and prayers and I wish you a Good Christmas and a much better New Year!

JR AND CHEYENNE

another special from SWEETPEA PRODUCTIONS
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Thank you all for the condolences. We are trying our best to have a good Christmas. New Year's might actually be harder because my 24th anniversary would have been Dec 30th followed by the New Year.

Update on Connie- she is no longer at my step daughter's house. It seems Connie was a little too work intensive for Shelly. I understand there is a photo out there of Con bebopping around with my grandson's pacifer in her mouth in the correct sucking position. (NO, she is not back here.) Brian's ex-wife has her now. She already has a very old pug and she had been talking of getting another to learn from the elder. Good luck on that one...I guess her pug fishes at the lake where they have a summer cottage, and she wants her next pug to do it too. No problem, Connie already dips her head under water to retrieve items, minnows should be no trouble. Best of luck to all parties!
Yvonne
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Yvonne »

Auddymay, hope you made it through the New Year and what would have been your Anniversary okay. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Yvonne
Brandon's Mom - even now that he's at the Bridge.