Photos with Santa

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

eliciaray
Rank 0
Rank 0

Photos with Santa

Post by eliciaray »

Hi! Has anybody introduced their chowkids to Santa?

This will be Tenma's first time taking photos with Santa.
The more I think about it, Tenma may not be an easy fan to win over.
I can get her to sit with a Santa hat on... but not sure if she'll be comfortable sitting next to Santa. (or really any new person).

I chose to get the Santa photo done at her daycare (familiar surroundings would make it easier), that and if she sees other dogs next to Santa -- she may think that he is ok to take a picture with!!! :)

Any suggestions?
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Photos with Santa

Post by Tippsy'smom »

I introduced my current pups and my late chow girl, Tippsy, to Santa last year. Tippsy didn't much care for Santa. Of course, she didn't care for men either. :? But Dixie and Jasper were more than happy to say "hi" to him. :)

This is the pic we got... Not great... Tippsy kept trying to run away so Santa held onto her harness, Jasper sat politely in front of Santa, and I had to hold Dixie up because she was still so little. :lol: I'm hoping to get a better pic of Dixie and Jasper with him this year.
Attachments
img001.jpg
img001.jpg (246.93 KiB) Viewed 4319 times
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

Jess the dogs and you look great but Santa looks like he hit the eggnog( was he sleeping? ) :!: I took Nikki last year and the Santa had an allergy attack and had to leave..????
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

~lol~ Thanks Nancy! :) No, he wasn't sleeping, he just happened to blink when the pic was taken. :lol: But it was the best of the dogs, so it was the one I went with. :p :lol: :D

That's pretty weird... :? You'd think they would pick a Santa without allergies...? :lol:
Jess
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

I agree good one of you and your chow kids. I think Santa had the flu, not an allergy attack IMO .
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Thanks. :D That's even worse... :shock:
Jess
Ursa's daddy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Ursa's daddy »

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x40 ... ee_z-1.jpg

Left to right, Waldo and China sitting on Santa, and Malachi and Ursa on the ground. I am getting a message that says it is not possible to determine the dimensions of the image, so I can't post this as a photo????????
TyChowgirl
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by TyChowgirl »

Ah! I love that picture Ursa. I had originally wanted a black chow because I have two black cats and thought it would be fun to keep all the four legged furries the same color. But I digress, all of these santa pictures you all have are adorable. I'm not sure I could get Ty to sit with santa or where I would even attempt it. I've been having issues with the dimensions thing too /:) dunno what that's about.
eliciaray
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by eliciaray »

Tenma will have her photo with Santa taken this weekend.
I got her a santa hat to wear! She is very curious about it, but so far keeps it on.
I have the same hat to wear in the photo.
The photo will be taken with a Santa that is familiar with dogs.
Only problem so far is keeping her looking at the camera -- if she sees another dog, then it will be play time! It can be very hard to get her to sit still when she'd rather play...
I'll post the picture next week. :D
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

eliciaray wrote:Only problem so far is keeping her looking at the camera -- if she sees another dog, then it will be play time! It can be very hard to get her to sit still when she'd rather play...
That's why I taught my 2 "focus". If I (or anyone) tells them to "focus" they look at them. :lol:

This year, my 2 are getting 3 different pictures with Santa. :lol: Friday our local "country store" is having a Holiday Open House and they have a pet friendly Santa. And then Saturday we're going to Petco to see Santa, and then the weekend after this coming one we're going to Petsmart to see Santa. :)

Good luck with your Santa picture! :)
Jess
Ursa's daddy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Ursa's daddy »

That's why I taught my 2 "focus". If I (or anyone) tells them to "focus" they look at them.
Tippsy'smom, you are so smart. I have not seen that in any of the training literature. That is great. Now I know what to do with my two.
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Ursa's daddy wrote:
That's why I taught my 2 "focus". If I (or anyone) tells them to "focus" they look at them.
Tippsy'smom, you are so smart. I have not seen that in any of the training literature. That is great. Now I know what to do with my two.
:lol: I actually took if from service dog training. It started out for just getting them to watch me while we walk, because Jazz has always tried to walk behind me and I don't really like that so "focus brought him up to my side looking up at me, and Dixie tried to chase cars, so "focus" was used to get her to stop watching and trying to chase cars. Instead she'd sit, look at me and get a treat. :lol: And it also works for pictures! :laughloud: :mrgreen:
Jess
Ursa's daddy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Ursa's daddy »

I never thought about service dog training...great point.
eliciaray
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by eliciaray »

Here are pics of Tenma:
Attachments
Tenma 66.jpg
Tenma 66.jpg (72.69 KiB) Viewed 4187 times
Tenma_Santa 2011.jpg
Tenma_Santa 2011.jpg (184.18 KiB) Viewed 4187 times
eliciaray
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by eliciaray »

Tenma was bribed to stand next to Santa... a lot of treats... so much so that most of the pics had her looking up at him for the next treat!
eliciaray
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by eliciaray »

Tippsy'smom wrote:
eliciaray wrote:Only problem so far is keeping her looking at the camera -- if she sees another dog, then it will be play time! It can be very hard to get her to sit still when she'd rather play...
That's why I taught my 2 "focus". If I (or anyone) tells them to "focus" they look at them. :lol:

This year, my 2 are getting 3 different pictures with Santa. :lol: Friday our local "country store" is having a Holiday Open House and they have a pet friendly Santa. And then Saturday we're going to Petco to see Santa, and then the weekend after this coming one we're going to Petsmart to see Santa. :)

Good luck with your Santa picture! :)

Tenma know the command "LOOK"... which indicates she is supposed to hold eye contact with me. It usually works for a few seconds... Often she gets distracted and I have to repeat the command. For some reason she will listen to the command "WAIT" and will wait for me a min or so...