Story Of Revenge Dog Adoption Now Hilarious Book...cute gift

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

fings1
Rank 0
Rank 0

Story Of Revenge Dog Adoption Now Hilarious Book...cute gift

Post by fings1 »

Of course it's written by a chow, or part chow anyway....

A decision set into motion a ‘revenge’ dog adoption which 16 years later has become a hilarious dog memoir. It all started in 1993 when a young married couple was celebrating their first Christmas together as man and wife. The husband, Horst, decided it was more important to go watch football than decorate the tree. When he got a phone call from his wife, Lisa, a few days later and heard barking in the background he suspected there was about to be a new four-legged family member.

The book, BAD TO THE BONE: Memoir Of A Rebel Doggie Blogger, is the first memoir written through the dog’s eyes nationally published in non-fiction. Originally the story started out as a Christmas gift to Horst’s wife, Lisa, who liked it so much she decided to find Bo an agent. In the summer of ’07 she did just that, and a year later the book was bought by Kensington Books (Citadel Press).

So who exactly is Bo Hoefinger, dog? Here’s bit information to clear up any misnomers that dogs can’t write.

“Let’s get this clear right away: I’m a dog.

I’m 1’10” and weigh 63 lbs, and although I’m a mutt on the outside, I’m a purebred on the inside. My good nature comes from the Golden Retriever side of the family while my stubbornness is clearly from my Chowchow bloodlines.

I’ve got Rastafarian ears, a black tongue for licking and paws that should be on a dog twice my size.

I type 60 words a minute.

My name is Bo.

I’m a senior dog. In fact, I’m in what God calls ‘bonus time’. As any experienced dog will tell you, the desire to leave our urine stain on the proverbial fire hydrant of life builds stronger the longer the bond between you and owner exists. For me, the yearning is strong (sometimes as much as seven times a day).

I decided the best way to leave my legacy was to write my memoir on how an adorable dog, and two seemingly normal people, wreak havoc on an unsuspecting world while creating a lifelong bond in the process.

I want to assure you, as life happens to me, you will be granted a view into my innermost thoughts. You’ll have the unique opportunity to share episodes in my life as they unfolded, all through the eyes of a man’s best friend.

What you’re getting is one hundred percent, genuine Mr. Bo Hoefinger and family. The characters in this book, the stories, and the thoughts are all real. The names have not been changed to protect the innocent.

So take pleasure in the world as I have seen it, experienced it and lived it.

Welcome to my mind and my story…”

It’s not every day a dog welcomes you into his life, complete with a set of wacky ‘parents’, a constipated feline housemate, and insight into chipmunk warfare. This book is not a standard doggie snuff book; it guarantees the only tears shed will
be tears of laughter.

So do yourself, or the dog lover in your life, a favor this holiday and pickup the year’s funniest dog memoir.

http://www.amazon.com/Bad-Bone-Memoir-D ... t_ep_dpt_1
--Bo donates 10% of his proceeds to dog rescue.
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Re: Story Of Revenge Dog Adoption Now Hilarious Book...cute gift

Post by Judy Fox »

Hee! Hee! I have ordered one - I just hope it comes before Christmas. Thank you for the tip. :lol: \:D/
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
fings1
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by fings1 »

Hope you enjoy it Judy. :)
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

I bet I will. \:D/
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
chowhuskylass
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by chowhuskylass »

I ordered this a while ago i think it was posted on here, I must admit i loved it, laughed from the very first few pages and all the way through, my Martin read it and also loved it, and its been away with my friend on her holiday and she too loved it, Cracking book and cannot wait for another to follow!!!