How Cold Is It??

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

How Cold Is It??

Post by vicster605 »

You Northerners must be getting a hell of a cold blast if you haven't already, it's 48 for a high here today and going to be 38 for a high Fri & Sat. It's been years since it's been this cold way down South. I think of you whenever I want to complain about it and then I think about how cold it has to be UP THERE :shock: Hope everyone is staying safe & warm. lol You would think Kearra would want to stay outside all day but she acts like she doesn't like it one bit....hurries and goes outside then runs back to the door.....she may be a true Southern Chow since she was born here :lol:

Thanks Sweetpea!
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: How Cold Is It??

Post by chowpups »

Its darn cold up here in PA.. they say Hi of 30 but with windchill it feels like 19 degrees.. Should be like that all week they (those they people) say..
Nikki went out this morning and made a quick turn back into the house after a quick stop.. I don't blame her.. we are both fed up with giving each other shocks from the dry cold air.. Spring is looking good to me.
TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TJordan »

Ah Heck we are suppose to be 22 here tomorrow. YUCK
SweetPea Rocks!!
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

Oh, my our lows are in the 20's and teens but the highs are at least 30 .. Keep warm down there in Tx.. We should get colder later this week. Burrr, me and my foot warmer Nikki will be hanging close..
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

We are supposed to be having lows of -4 F or -20 C this weekend! :shock: I will be huddled with Bramble at all times. Not happy with this weather one little bit I may emigrate soon.....my son in NZ is having temps of 30 C or 86 F.
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Every night here it's been at least 16 F. And today our high is 24 F. Tomorrow we're expected to get a bit of snow in the PM. I hope that's true. :D I actually enjoy all this cold weather. And yes, I know most of you muct think I'm crazy for that. I think it might have something to do with spending many winters in Wisconsin at my greatuncle's house.
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

No Jess, I think its age.. (we old folks don't like it..hehe).. I remember sitting home wishing for snowdays from school.. Now I fret that I can't get out to go some where ..
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

:lol: My mom's even hopeing we get the snow. :p She doesn't wanna go to work. :lol:
Jess
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

LOL, I was watching the news thinking about you frozen southerners, It was 7 degrees this morning during walkies, Afterward I sat on the patio deck and had a nice cup of coffee while the furkids were playing. Remember us northerners can't tolerate the heat and humidity that you have to deal with

David
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

Ha ha! It's been about 55 or warmer here in seattle most days. I haven't needed a coat to walk in a week or so :lol: 8)
Thank you Elodie!
chowhuskylass
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by chowhuskylass »

we are -8c at the minute and its only 5.44 pm
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

I have read how hard Europe has been hit with the cold temperatures. It is scary how the weather has been changing. Where I live , the winters have been milder, colder than most but still not as cold as normal. I hope you all can stay safe and warm

David
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

WE'RE GETTING SNOW AS I TYPE THIS!!!!! I'm so excited! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ Now hears to hopeing they cancel school tomorrow!!! [-o| [-o| [-o|

Tippsy and Jasper are so excited. They were doing zoomies on their long leads when I took them out in it. :mrgreen: I :x seeing them so excited about the snow! :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:
Jess
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

It is absolutely HORRIBLE here on the NE shores of Lake Erie and the eastern suburbs of Cleveland.
It hasn't stopped snowing since New Years Day....we should have about 2 feet on the ground by morning...another day where everything is cancelled.
The temps have ranged from 13 degrees F to up to 32 yesterday...but are going back down to about 15 F.

And of course my 2 snow bunnies want to walkies....I have taken them 2x...and just can't do it anymore until the snow stops supposedly over the coming weekend.
We went last night since it was a tad warmer and Cheynne got stuck in a huge snow drift....and of course Ms. Blob couldn't get out by herself...so guess who had to try and haul her out....Mamma of course. OnceI got her legs unstuck.....she hopped up and down just like that snow bunny to get throught the rest and back onto the plowed sidewalk. She thought that it as the best thing since forever....she just loves the snow.
And my little old man, JR is just amazing......he treads the snow just like nothing and trots along with so much vim and vigor....amazing for a 13 yr old....but then again...he has been walking through this stuff for 13 yrs and it never phases him one bit.
Last night the temps were falling and everything that wasn't already snow was turning to ice. So funny because the both had totaly frozen wiskers with snow flakes hanging from them. Wish I had a camera with me.
Thank goodness for my fenced in yard....they bark to go out all the time....and off they go.

JR AND CHEYENNE

another special from SWEETPEA PRODUCTIONS
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

Good luck Jess, Sharon aren't the snow whiskers cute, we get them all the time. I caught Maxine doing her cold dance this morning so be prepared for more cold.
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Thanks David. :)

They did cancel school and we got maybe a quarter of an inch. :lol: And then we're supposed to be getting more snow tonight! :shock: I'll have to get pics of Tippsy and Jasper outside playing. :lol:
Jess
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

Tippsy'smom wrote:Thanks David. :)

They did cancel school and we got maybe a quarter of an inch. :lol: And then we're supposed to be getting more snow tonight! :shock: I'll have to get pics of Tippsy and Jasper outside playing. :lol:

omg really 1/4 of a inch. WOW we have to get at least 8 inches of snow for them to even think about it
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Yeah. But I think most of it had to do with the black ice on the roads... It's just enough to make it dangerous to drive out here in the boonies. :lol: And the fact that Georgians apparently become retarded whenever the weather isn't sunny. #-o
Jess
Swerve
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Swerve »

hehehe, 100 degrees F in Sydney today :)
RIP Duff, 01/12/1999- 24/10/2011
Winston, 15/04/2009 - current
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

They canceled school yesterday across the lake because it was 22 LOL wouldn't want us Southerners driving our kids to school if there COULD BE ice on the roads, No Snow.....just COULD BE ice :lol: And of course Jess has a point, people from Louisiana suffer from the same problem people from Georgia do :roll:
David, REALLY?? Coffee on the patio when its 7!!! :shock: Don't tell me you had on shorts and a tee shirt and were enjoyin' the cool crisp mornin' air :lol:

I want to go to Sydney :D

Thanks Sweetpea!
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

vicster605 wrote: Don't tell me you had on shorts and a tee shirt and were enjoyin' the cool crisp mornin' air :lol:

I want to go to Sydney :D
speeds , LOL no just a sweat shirt and sweat pants, 7 without wind isn't that bad
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

LOL!! I think 60 is cold without the wind....that's with a sweat shirt and sweat pants too :lol:

Thanks Sweetpea!
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

:lol: Vicki, I walked outside with T&J this morning in shorts and a tank top and it was 8 degrees out with the wind chill. :lol: It only felt chilly to me. :D
Jess
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

Your startin' to sound like those Northerners, Jess :lol: If it were 8 here, that would be the quickest out & back in you ever did see :shock: That would be with a heavy coat and some long johns on :shock: I would FREEZE....haven't be outside all day...too COLD. It's 24 here tonight.
If I lived up there I would be like the bears....see ya in the Spring!!!

Thanks Sweetpea!
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Cold isn't too bad if the wind is still. Nothing forcing it through the fabric weave. Of course, that is seldom the case. It can be frigid out, but if the sun is shining and there is no wind, my southern exposure porch gets down right hot.