2 cents

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: My $'s worth

Post by Red Dragon »

Ya got any? :lol:
Sam

Keeper of the furry things...Master of the kibble....Scooper of the poo!
Rowlee
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: 2 cents

Post by Rowlee »

I really don't know what to say about this all. I don't like coming here much anymore. I just have a bit of a lurk around. I won't miss Jeff's posts because I don't understand what he's saying most of the time :lol:

Anyway $2.35 + 3c for Wilbur and 3c for Keiko (because Aussie cents are worth less!!) so we are now at $2.41!

Thanks so much Sweetpea, you're a star!
Rowlee
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rowlee »

Sharons Chows wrote:Lately I seemed to have missed much of the drama and reasons for bans because I really got so sick and tired of the same old rhetoric and didn't even bother to come to the site daily as I have always done. And I am really sad that it has come to this ...members inciting other members and things said and done from such pent up anger! There is enough anger in the world today that we are reminded of every waking hour....why can't we just leave it off of this site and do what we do best.... TAKE CARE OF THE WELL BEING OF OUR CHOWS
=D= =D= =D= . This is how I feel too Sharon. :(

Thanks so much Sweetpea, you're a star!
Mandy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Mandy »

Gosh. It's been so long since I've been on here I don't even know if my cents count! But I guess I just wanted to say Hi to Nancy and some of you other lovelies that I haven't seen for so long. And to express my sadness over the banning of Jeff. I don't know what happened or why it happened and I don't even have enough energy to research to find out. Back when I participated in the site more, Jeff may have been abrasive, offensive, and maybe a little crazy, but he cared as much, if not more, about the breed than anyone.

I left because of the negative tone that pervaded the posts. I lurked for a while but then I even stopped lurking. I do miss the old group and the feeling of trust and family. I never worried about posting anything. Now - I would never even think to post a problem I was having with my chows. That just makes me sad.

I guess my two cents are this: I miss the camaraderie of the old site and I'm saddened that circumstances led to the banning of Jeff.
Last edited by Mandy on Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mandy, Chewie, & Cayenne
kiwani
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by kiwani »

Red Dragon wrote:
kiwani wrote:
nuke wrote:Damn, his daughters are hot.
They get that heat from the mother, notice that Laura's jacket is glowing.
Why are you looking at Laura's butt?

It's the butt of the joke.
SWANCIN
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by SWANCIN »

Rowlee wrote:
Sharons Chows wrote:Lately I seemed to have missed much of the drama and reasons for bans because I really got so sick and tired of the same old rhetoric and didn't even bother to come to the site daily as I have always done. And I am really sad that it has come to this ...members inciting other members and things said and done from such pent up anger! There is enough anger in the world today that we are reminded of every waking hour....why can't we just leave it off of this site and do what we do best.... TAKE CARE OF THE WELL BEING OF OUR CHOWS
=D= =D= =D= . This is how I feel too Sharon. :(

Ditto here!

Thanks Sharon
Cindy & Kodi

I Wanna Go Chase Something!!!!!
Compliments of SWEETPEA - Banner Artiste Extraordinaire

Dogster page: http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=36558
redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redangie24 »

2.43 + 2euro cents (as someone said before is worth double)= $2.47
Have a Chowfastic Day!!
redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redangie24 »

Dragon,
Nope, but I got some Xanex for my plane trip back to the states. Does that count???
Have a Chowfastic Day!!
ngraham
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ngraham »

Mandy wrote:Gosh. It's been so long since I've been on here I don't even know if my cents count! But I guess I just wanted to say Hi to Nancy and some of you other lovelies that I haven't seen for so long. And to express my sadness over the banning of Jeff. I don't know what happened or why it happened and I don't even have enough energy to research to find out. Back when I participated in the site more, Jeff may have been abrasive, offensive, and maybe a little crazy, but he cared as much, if not more, about the breed than anyone.

I left because of the negative tone that pervaded the posts. I lurked for a while but then I even stopped lurking. I do miss the old group and the feeling of trust and family. I never worried about posting anything. Now - I would never even think to post a problem I was having with my chows. That just makes me sad.

I guess my two cents are this: I miss the camaraderie of the old site and I'm saddened that circumstances led to the banning of Jeff.
Hi Mandy! My how I have missed you! How are Cayenne and Chewie? Tell them Aunt Nancy still loves them!
The points you make in your post are exactly what I am feeling. When I joined in 2005, the camaraderie on the site was an awesome thing. We didn't have to worry about what we posted, or be afraid to express when we were having problems with our chow kids. When one of our babies crossed the bridge, we all cried and grieved. Don't get me wrong... the site had it's occasional disagreement, but it was nothing like what goes on now. There was a few times when Mandy or Lou had to call me because I had been hurt by what someone said here. But the support and friendship that was here, including coming from Jeff, was awesome. We were family. But over the last couple of years, I've watched that sence of family go down the drain. You can't put someone up on a pedistal and not expect some kind of reaction. I'll be the first one to tell any of you that I have known no one who is any more passionate about the chow breed than Jeff. But as I said in one of my earlier posts, there is a difference in being passionate and being over the edge and unfortunately Jeff is over the edge. Some people can handle being put on a pedistal and others can't and unfortunately for Jeff, the pedistal that many of you put him on went to his head. You can't cross the line the way he has for months and continuely get away with it. People complain. If getting banned is what it takes to get Jeff back to where he should be, GREAT! I liked the old Jeff. Alot of other people did too. If not, well we shall see what happens. Hopefully this situation will get the others that like to "stir the pot" to thinking.
As far as the mods go, unfortunately it isn't anyone's but Terry's decision who a mod is. I don't mean to sound abrasive, but if you can't deal with the mods (Terry decides who moderates) and the way they moderate (also Terry's decision), then to coin an old phrase: "Don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out." Each one of us, myself included, agreed to the terms of use here when we registered. We may not like or agree with the TOU, but Terry set them up, it's the way that he wants them to be and he pays the bills, so we abide by the TOU. If you feel that you can't abide by the TOU, then no one is stopping anyone from leaving. No one twists your arms to login and post. But I believe there's plenty of people on this forum who have said enough is enough, we want a pleasant forum to go to again. This thread proves that fact. No one is asking anyone to take sides, but they are asking everyone to take responsibility for their actions, which is what the case is now with Jeff. I'm sure the mods don't want to see anyone leave, but again, if you don't like the way things are done here, then go somewhere else. The internet is a HUGE place. Plenty of room to start another chow forum. I'm sure Terry isn't trying to compete. The more that sheds a good light on the breed, the better. But the majority here just want a peaceful place to come to. It would be nice if at the very least everyone could agree to disagree and work on making the forum better than it used to be 2 years ago. But if not, those that feel they can't abide by the way things are set up here, I'm sure you'll be missed.
Nancy and Tai

ngraham
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ngraham »

Well said Sharon! =D= \:D/ =D=
Nancy and Tai

ciaobella
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ciaobella »

Ok, well, I haven't been here for a while, but I have other responsibilities and interests beyond the chow world (I know, shocking). I don't spend much of my free time here anymore either, Sharon. It's more stressful and annoying than entertaining. I've been catching up, though, and it looks like the usual suspects having their annual spring fling. Don't know what it is about springtime bringing out the jerk in people, but it does. Don't get in traffic today if you can help it, BTW. Holy crap.

After looking at the problem threads, it's pretty obvious that there are some who have a misguided view of what type of board this is. For one thing, it's not a democracy, it's a benevolent dictatorship. It is Terry's house, Terry's rules. You don't like the rules so much, go get your own house. It is also not a personal blog. If you want to eat up maximum bandwidth, start a blog of your own. It's not that hard.

The one thing I have noticed about this board is that it is probably the most permissive I've seen as far as tolerating jerkish behavior goes. At most fora, the first time you sass a moderator, you are gone. Spout hate speech either of a racial nature or regarding *Censored Word* orientation, you are a dot on the horizon with flaming skidmarks behind you. Create a sock puppet account after you've been banned? That would get you reported to your ISP. It has seemed to me at times that this board can be somewhat of a clearing house for people who have worn out their welcome and were banned elsewhere. It shows pretty piss poor behavior to abuse the extreme, but not inexhaustible tolerance of the board administrator and his moderators. You know full well that other boards will not suffer the kind of behavior displayed here for very long. If you care to share with others how you have been cruelly treated at this site, be of good cheer because there is a forum just for you:

http://www.igotbanned.net/board/

Not sure exactly what goes on here since you have to join to read, but I'm sure they would welcome you.
As for the moderators, they usually do not intervene until they have been bombarded by requests from other members. They have a crappy job and take far more abuse than they should have to. If they mete out a little abuse themselves, well, that's just the way love is.

Sorry about Jeff, but racist remarks? Not cool. RD, gay bashing? Not cool.

I would miss Jeff if he was banned for good, most of the time I find him personally hilarious. He is also a dedicated rescuer. But man, the 10% of the time (ok I'm being generous) he goes off the rails and starts flailing wildly at anyone who disagrees with him... well, saying that he can be "a bit much" is an insult to "much".

Good to see you Redangie, you were missed. You are one who understands the fine art of argument... once you lose your temper, you lose the debate.

My two gritty cents, scrounged from the floorboards of my car. Damn this recession.
Sandy
Owned by Sophie
chris

Post by chris »

End of Discussion