Maxine

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Maxine

Post by Dogdad »

Hi everyone,

I hope this is appropriate, Some of you remember how many timesI posted when I was trying to adopt Maxwell, well I have so many pms that I am just going to try to keep you abreast on the Progress of Maxines adoption through this post. I am doing this with the top picture next to the chow chow logo of Maxwell. I am taking this as a sign, that he is watching and supports us with Maxines adoption. I tear up everytime I see them but I don't want him to be taken out of the rotation of photos.

I got a call from Terrina that Maxine has been sprung. =D= She was very scared to be in vector control ( horrible heartless name) and gave Terrina a purple kiss. According to Terrina she appears healthy and is so sweet, she is also very small around 35 pounds. She had a bout of Kennel cough but I believe she was treated, she also had a distemper shot. She is at Larry and Terrinas and is quite social and playful, She is in the same room as 2 males and she is fine and not aggressive or afraid. I spoke to Larry earlier and she was abandoned when someone moved out of their rental, apparently she was left behind. Larry got another dog mixed up.
She will be vetted soon and be spayed if she hasn't been, checked for heartworm and microchipped and vaccinated. That is all I know of right now, I was on my cell phone in the basement playing with the boys and Aldo and Mikimoto so I may have missed something or got something garbled plus so if I got something wrong, I will or Larry or Terrina can correct me. I will post more when I find out

David
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Maxine

Post by CoraP. »

Hey, post as much as you want. I LOVE hearing the stories of chows or part chows getting out of a shelter! Maxine sounds like a real sweetheart. She may be a little rough around the edges, but that's not anything you can't handle. Tell us All... as much as you want. I haven't been on this forum that long, but I can tell you love chows and will give her your best. Can't wait to hear more!!
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
Mia
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Mia »

David,

I am so happy for you - and so glad that you are keeping us posted - thanks.

You are doing a wonderful thing and I am sure that Maxwell is grinning down at you - happy that you are saving a beautiful girl.
Mia
jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jacqui »

David,
all I can say is you are quite a guy.
could you please post this little girls picture? I am so excited to see her :D
Kito Feb 4, 2006 - July 1,2007
Kai Mar.15 2007 - Aug. 26,2010
And when my time comes I will not go alone for my Chows will be there to say "Welcome Home".
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

So have you heard from Larry or Terrrina today??? I'm just wondering how Maxine is doing and what she is like??? Can't wait to hear more

Thanks Sweetpea!
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

Not yet but could be on my home email which is blocked at school I will check it first thing when I get home
Babs64
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Babs64 »

I am so pleased this little girl is going to be taken in by you. You are such a wonderful DogDad.

I pm'ed Larry about transport, but I wanted to let you know, too. If you move her on the weekend, I can help with transport. I have pretty easy access the interstate system, so I can pick her up in Indiana (or even southern Michigan) and take her up into Wisconsin or I can meet up with Chris for her to do the leg into Wisconsin.
chris

Post by chris »

that sounds like a plan to me. :-) You could bring her up into fox lake and then i can go from there.
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Vector Control is a cold name, isn't it? As cold as the cement kennels inside! Here are Maxine's mugshots. I cannot wait to see better ones. Maybe they will take some play shots of her at TLC, because they have so much free time down there...lol.

Terrina Harris
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Terrina Harris »

David,

I just sent you a PM. I will let you give the update. I do want to say she is a "love".

Terrina
Thank you sweetpea!!
chris

Post by chris »

your killing me David.. post post post.. I wanna "see" the update... :-)
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

Terrina, I just read it, Thank you.

I asked Terrina about Maxines neck size and she measured it correctly ( Larry confirmed :D ) as 17 inches. I just measured Yoshi's and his measured 21 inches. Wow what a difference. She must be tiny. She also said "Maxine is sure a very loving little girl. She goes to the vet Monday to get spayed, rabies shot, bordetella shot and heartworm tested. We will get her Micro-chipped at the humane society" so Hopefully all will go well with the surgery and the heartworm test will be negative. I need to order her a new rolled collar and perhaps some toys if she plays with them and possibly a bed, although I hope she sleeps with me, Having a "big ox" next to me for the past 2 years has made sleeping alone quite difficult. She also said Larry will take more pictures this weekend. I can't wait.

Thank you Auddy may for posting the pictures, Anyone care to guess what type of mix she is? Other than the color I don't see Maxwell but that is ok, Maxine isn't Maxwell.

I will keep you posted with more info and pictures when I get them.

David
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

I don't know if she's mixed with anything. She reminds me of a tiny version of Ping. Her coloring definitely reminds me of Maxwell. With some grooming, good food and love, she's going to be a beauty.
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

Maxine looks all chow to me...but I'm no expert! She will probably put on some weight. She looks pretty skinny. I can't wait to see more pictures. She sounds awfully nice!! I'm sure all will go well Monday!
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
kez65
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kez65 »

she is so in need of a loving home. thank god shes got david..
I dint know much about maxwell and im sure he as everything you said... Maxine wont ever be maxwell and thats good i think, i remember losing a dog when i was younger and still at home that dog meant everything to me, mum brought the exact replica for me hoping it would help....it didnt.i never had the conection with the new pup because i kept thinking this isnt abby ...never will be.....it took me a long time to see the new pup as her own little person.....maxine will be a special girl...one who in one way replaced maxwells spot in your home but never in your heart that spot will always be maxwells....but she will build her own spot right there next to you...maxwell will always live on in memories and maybe when maxine gets weight on her and shes home safe with you ,something might remind you of him...that would be nice
good luck with maxine....shes a very lucky girl.....
summer_rose03
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by summer_rose03 »

I'm happy you are able to take in little Maxine after losing your Maxwell. I know how hard it is to lose them. From personal experience, they can never be replaced, only remembered. Maxwell would be happy to know your taking in another in need. And she is beautiful, by the way.

Carter and Frisco have a lot of similarities, but they are also so different. Carter will never be Frisco, but when he does a "Frisco" (as I like to call it), it just makes me think of Frisco. I like having a daily reminder. For awhile I was worried I would forget things about him, like how his hair felt or the coloring. Carter has the exact same hair and color as Frisco did, and it makes me happy.
ImageImage
Thanks SweetPea!
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

I think she is adorable and very unique lookin'!! Her eyes are BEAUTIFUL!!! Love the deep rich red, kinda the same markings as Maxwell but different at the same time. Her name is PERFECT, and suits her
I think she may be mixed with a lil' red Fox :idea:
Foxy Maxine, Yoshi Monster may be smitten with his new lil' lady friend :x My guess is you will be too, I give you OH a couple of days LOL I think you need a bit of girlie at your house anyways, too many boys LOL :lol: I would hold off on the bed because if she is as loving as Terrina said she may be right next to you in your bed and the bed will be useless in no time at all. Can't wait to hear all about her and see the new pics \:D/

Thanks Sweetpea!
Babs64
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Babs64 »

I love her pictures. Her coloring is very pretty. I predict with good food, grooming, and lots of love she will be DogDad's very own diva. We all need a little chow diva in our lives or as least that is what Sophie tells me.
LEO's mum
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by LEO's mum »

Very glad to hear this news. Do give Maxine a big hug from us.

Leonora & mum
debraschow
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by debraschow »

Do you need transport from Muskegon to Illinois. We WILL do it. Let me know. 231342 6853 We will do it. It will either be John or I. We have flexibility, it's just that we don't do surf internet during tax season unless it is IRS or something else.

Deb
Debra: Hobo and Milo's Mom
Banner by Sweetpea!
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

Maxine looks like a sweetie!!! This is so exciting!!!
I wonder if she knows how lucky she is to be going to such a wonderful new daddy?
I love stories with happy endings, so keep us posted, so we can share in all of the wonderful
details!!!
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

I just got this from Terrina

[quote]We introduced Maxine to most of the pack here today and she fits in great with everyone she has been introduced to. She has been following us around the house. She loves people and giving kisses. She has climbed up on the couch and snuggled between Larry and I. She takes her paw and taps you with it when she thinks that she she have your attention. I bet when she gets home it won't be long before she is jumping in bed with you each night. She absolutely loves the snow. She jumps in it, shoves her face in it , throws mouthfuls in the air and eats it. She has a blast with squeaky toys. I had her out front on a long lead and was throwing one at her and she would pounce on it. I know you don't have cats, but so far she only watched them walk by her and then cares less. She will definitely keep you entertained and give lots of love. It is so hard to believe that her last family could just move and left her. Their loss is your special little girl.

Maxine gets dropped off at the Vet in the morning to get her heartworm test, the rest of her shots and spayed. I will let you know tomorrow evening how she is doing.

Larry took a couple of pictures of her on the couch. I tried to get a picture of her on top of a snow mound but she was off before I could get back with the camera. I did try for my first time getting a video of her out playing in the snow and the toy out there. If it turns out I will have Larry send it to you.[/
quote]

She certainly sounds like a wonderful little girl. I can hardly wait. I am sure that she will be my special little girl. Maxwell took 1 day before he slept with me. I am glad she loves snow. She will have fun in Wisconsin. I have a ton of new toys just waiting for her, in case if you guys don't know, my furkids are a tad spoiled. I am a bit worried about the surgery. Maxwell had his a week ago tomorrow, Maybe fate. Everyone please say a prayer for her. I haven't gotten any photos yet but will post as soon as I can

David
Terrina Harris
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Terrina Harris »

David,

Larry sent you 2 videos that I took of her. Pretty good for my first ones ever. Let us know when you get them.

Terrina
Thank you sweetpea!!
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

The more I hear about Maxine, the more excited I get. She sounds so WONDERFUL! Gets along with everyone, loving, ignores cats, loves snow...it sounds like she was meant just for you! I'll pray that all goes well for her tomorrow.
CoraP.Image
Jules Jusserand
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

Nothing yet, but I will try to post them when i get them