Little Black Chaing

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Little Black Chaing

Post by chowfrnd88 »

We went to our area chow specialty show this past weekend. We had a wonderful time, Special was SO good as usual. People showing thier chows kept smiling at him and asked if we were showing him. Everyone said he was gorgeous. He met quite a few dogs of all breeds and several chows. Of course, like last year there was a chow he wanted to play with, the other chow wanted to play with him too, they were very cute and the handler laughed. We picked up some great treats for him too.

Anyhow, I couldn't wait to share this with you all, there was a booth selling books and I found some awesome chow books, one was "Little Black Chaing." It's a childrens story about little black chow puppy who thinks he is a bear and goes to live in the woods with bears. Later he discivers he is not a bear and my favorite part is at the end, he's talking to his mom and says "I didn't know there were black chows!!!" TOO CUTE! The whole book is too much cuteness, there are very cute drawings. I looked on amazon and there are copies available, I highly recommend it. I got lucky enough to pick up a first printing from 1958. I think you'd all enjoy it, especially those of you with black chows. The aythor is Dorothy K. L'Hommedieu and she used a real chow pup as the inspiration for the story.

I also got a book called "Jolly Roger" by Daniel M. Pinkwater, a childrens book about a chow/husky mix and a book called "Of Men, Dogs, and Horses" by J.C. Bendrodt, in this book there's a story called Chowsie. I haven't read this one yet either.
This photo arrangement is the wonderful work of Sweetpea
Mia
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Little Black Chaing

Post by Mia »

I will have to look that one up. I have picked up some great chow books at the shows and the funny thing is, is that even at shows that have chows, most of the chow stuff that I find is in the back, hidden and on sale.
Mia
Coco Chow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Coco Chow »

That book looks so cute! There is one or two on sale on eBay.

There is no chow book on sale at French shows. :(
Elodie
please help feed animals in shelters for free, click daily on the yellow button http://clicanimaux.com/
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

They all sound like good books! Now if I just had more time to read them....
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand