We have been evicted from the farm house

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

carolyn

We have been evicted from the farm house

Post by carolyn »

So sorry for not posting, but we have been told to evict the farm house that we have been in for the last five years, just because our little dog Luke chased our neighbours chicken so the landlord has told us to get out. I am very upset about this, and although they think I have put Luke down, as they wanted it done, I have found him another home far away from any chickens, My son and I are really batting to find another home in a decent price range, as home owners these days are only out to get as much money as they can, and I cant afford a high price, I will be disconected from the internet at the end of September, untill I am able to find a place to live in, if not then I will loose my job, and have to move to Cape Town to my sister, and that means I will have to find homes for all my dogs and cats, and the pigs, the parrots went today, and the geese and ducks go tomorrow, It is just so heart breaking to say good bye to them, but my land lord is adament, he does not want us here anymore, he thinks he can get more money from someone else for the shack that we live in, and it really is a shack, I will be happy to get out, but where to I dont know.

PLease say a prayer for us that we are able to get a house near by so that I can keep my job, I really need your prayers right now.

thank you all

Carolyn
Posted by Carolyn at 11:13 AM 0 comments
carolyn dewrance
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: We have been evicted from the farm house

Post by carolyn dewrance »

Sorry I did not log in I thought I was on automatic log in, any way I am to stressed out to argue with the computer, and the stupid numbers that I had to copy just to be able to put my story on the site.
Carolyn
Carolyn Dewrance
4 Fernwood Close
Richwood
Cape Town 7441

CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

Oh, Carolyn,
I am sorry to hear this. I hope you will be able to find another place soon! I will keep you in my prayers.
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

So sorry to hear about this Carolyn. I hope you and your son (and furkids) find a much nicer home soon. As always...you'll be in my prayers.
TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TJordan »

Caroyln that stinks. I hope you, your son, and your furkids find something soon. We will be thinking of you.
SweetPea Rocks!!
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

Awww bless your heart! That is terrible. Will keep you and the family in my prayers! Hope you find a place for all of you soon!
Chloe (left) Shuggy (right)
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

I am so sorry you had to re-home Luke. Your landlord sounds like a real dick. I am sending bad luck his way. I hope he won't be able to rent it out, or if he does, I hope they are dead-beats. I spit at his feet...PAH!

I know you will land on your feet, I am sorry you are being put to the test, however.
jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jacqui »

Carolyn,
I'm sorry for all you are going through.that is just heartbreaking to have to try and find homes for all of them and yourselves :(
I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Kito Feb 4, 2006 - July 1,2007
Kai Mar.15 2007 - Aug. 26,2010
And when my time comes I will not go alone for my Chows will be there to say "Welcome Home".
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

Carolyn,

You are a survivor bigtime....I know you are. You willl find something much better soon.
You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Sharon

JR AND CHEYENNE

another special from SWEETPEA PRODUCTIONS
Chow Chow Mama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Chow Chow Mama »

I can't believe he would evict you over something like that. And then to want you to put Luke down? For chasing a chicken? Unbelievable. I hope you find something soon so that you can keep the rest of your kids. [-o|
ImageImageImage
Boogie and Linda
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Boogie and Linda »

That is horrible. I feel so sorry for you. It is hard enough to have to lose your home but to then have to break up your family too, that is just awful. I am sending positive thoughts your way that everything works out and you are able to keep all of your group toegther. [-o|
carolyn dewrance
Rank 3
Rank 3

Millie and Mabel have gone to a new home, a young couple with a couple of kids, came out this morning and collected the ducks and the girls, Oh it was so heartbreaking to say good bye, I gave them their beding and some food to have on the journey, they will be about an hour away from us, on a small holding, and they wont be killed, they are pets and will remain pets. I am crying as I write this, as my old Smurf also has not got long to go, and I think we will have to say goodbye to my old chow in the next couple of days, I of course will bury her with the others that have gone before her, and hopefully they haunt this place, and scare anyone away that comes to live here, Oh how I hate the people that have done this to us, I curse them for the rest of their days.
Thank you all for your well wishes, just pray that we get a place to stay, and that I can keep Crystal and Roxie, Rex and Dixie, and my cats, my one kitten went to a friend last night, she has his brother and sister, and two of the parrots went yesterday, I am keeping Peter the Senegal Parrot, I did not charge any thing for any of them, I know I could have sold them, but then what would have become of them, dog food? I just pray that they soon settle down and enjoy their new home.
Carolyn
Carolyn Dewrance
4 Fernwood Close
Richwood
Cape Town 7441

CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

This is terribly sad, Carolyn. I wish you could pack everyone up and come to the U.S. It seems like an unpleasant place where you are.
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

oh Carolyn, I am so sorry this is happening to you. I hope you can find a place soon

David
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Oh Carolyn, I'm so sorry to hear your news. Hang in there, you'll be in our thoughts. I cannot imagine how difficult it must have been to rehome Millie and Mabel, is there anyway that you could have someone temporarily hold on to your gang and then you could get them back when you relocate? Carolyn, I'm so sorry.
This photo arrangement is the wonderful work of Sweetpea
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

Oh Carolyn, I am sooooo sorry to hear this. We never know why things like this happen but maybe you will find something better for your family. I will keep you in my prayers and thoughts and hope you find the most perfect new home. [:D]
Yes, move over here to the US we can look for a new home together :wink:

Thanks Sweetpea!
chow fancier
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chow fancier »

How heartbreaking all of this is! I am so sorry to hear all that you have been through and still have to go through. It is said that God never gives us more than we can handle but sometimes we certainly wish he didn't trust us quite so much. My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours. May you find a new home soon that meets your requirements and comes with a better landlord!
Jerilyn
Banner courtesy of the amazing Sweetpea.

Until there are none, adopt one!

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/631376
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/650868
carolyn dewrance
Rank 3
Rank 3

Heard from the lady that has Millie and Mabel, she says that they were very stressed out on Saturday when they got to their new home, but by last night the had started to settle down, and ate their supper, played in their new enclosure, and made their beds with the hay that she had got for them, but they still wont let anyone touch them, poor girls must be very confused at the moment, but I am sure they will soon accept their new owners, Its me I am worried about, cant find a house, anywhere near work, and not having a car and if I get one further away it will mean leaving home at 6am and getting back after 7pm, and this will mean a taxie to pinetown, then a bus to Shongweni, and same going home, wont be able to get a lift as noone works in this God forsaken place, except me, and my boss is not being very helpfull, only thinks of himself, no one else. But a 63 just where will I get another job? I have to work to pay rent and live. so More prayers are needed this side of the world as well
I am just so stressed out at the moment.
Carolyn
Carolyn Dewrance
4 Fernwood Close
Richwood
Cape Town 7441

jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jacqui »

Carolyn,
this is all so heartbreaking :( is there no one that can help you where you are to find a suitable home for you.I don't have any idea how things work where you live but it doesn't sound pleasent.do you have family anywhere that you could move close to.
I'm so sorry I wish I could be of more help.my prayers are with you.
And when my time comes I will not go alone for my Chows will be there to say "Welcome Home".
carolyn dewrance
Rank 3
Rank 3

Jaqui, I have phoned everyone in the Valley to see if they have a cottage, I thought I had found one on the duck farm, but after some thought on their side, they decided not to let it out, then I found another lovely house further up the hill, but the owner is starting to renovate it and wants a huge sum for it, Lovely house, 3 bedrooms, lounge, dining room and big kitchen, but his brother was murdered there, 6 years ago, and its been standing empty all this time, I just think they are keeping it as a memorial the the guy who got shot, what a shame as they that is he and his 80 year old mother need the money, but their misery is my loss, I will most probly have to relocate to Cape Town and live with my sister, it's a long long way away, and I dont know how I will take to the cold weather.
I just hate having to rehome my animals, and hopefully I will be able to take Chrystal with me at least, Smurfie is going down very fast, and I am going to allow her to die in peace here at the house, unless we have to get out first. She fell into the swimming pool this morning and I got such a fright, thankfully there was not much water in it, just a jacussi shell really, I got her out and dried her, and have kept her inside most of the day, she is still eating o.k. but very weak. I really will miss this old girl, 12 years is a long long time. She is not in any pain, just getting old.
Will let you know how things go, just so upsetting right now, but I do have you all to talk to, and I think you understand more then some people around here.
Thank you for careing
Carolyn
Carolyn Dewrance
4 Fernwood Close
Richwood
Cape Town 7441

Nita F.
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Nita F. »

Carolyn,

Is there anything we can do? I can't imagine how heartbreaking it is to have to disburse your pets as though they are nothing! Hang in there. Hopefully you can find a new and better place for you and your remaining pets.

And thank you for thinking of Vicky and I with our hurricanes. We wish you well also.

Nita
jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jacqui »

yes,is there anything we can do to help you Carolyn?
carolyn dewrance
Rank 3
Rank 3

Nita, thank you so much for the offer, but if I were in America, I would jump at your offer, but here in South Africa, things are very different, people are grabbing the highest prices for their houses, as most of the Causicans in this country are trying to get out due to the violence robberies, rape and housbreakings, Just pray for us is all I ask, that we get a house before the end of the month.
Just so glad to hear you are both safe, must have been very scary with those winds and rain blowing into your home towns, Cape Town also had terrific rains, and a lot of flooding, but my sister was safe as were her 2 chows, and the 2 chowX, It's going to be very hard to relocate down there, I dont like the weather in Cape town, to wet in winter and cold, and not much difference in Summer, much like the weather in England. I guess I will freeze my butt off down there, at the moment it is really hot where we are and its only the start of Spring.
Will keep you all updated untill the internet is switched off at the end of the month.
Carolyn
Carolyn Dewrance
4 Fernwood Close
Richwood
Cape Town 7441

Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

I would like to suggest the old 'worm your way in' method with the home of the murder victim. Explain you are in dire straights, and wish to just rent for a month (or 2), until something suitable becomes available...it really is an emergency, and only temporary. If you get your foot in the door, keep looking of course, but likely they will become comfortable with the added income, and might just allow you to stay. The worst that can happen is they say no again, the best? Who can say?
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

Yes, Carolyn try Auddy's idea....maybe that will work [-o| [-o| Something has to come up and I'm prayin' like crazy you find a new home soon [:D] I'm glad you have your sister for a last resort, but hopefully something will come up before the end of the month....keep us posted ok? [:D]

Thanks Sweetpea!