Ghost doggies?

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

pfordeb
Rank 3
Rank 3

Ghost doggies?

Post by pfordeb »

I wasn't sure where to post this or how to even bring this up, but have any of you ever experienced surviving dogs barking for no reason after sibling dog passes away. Gilbert has been doing this, and Forrest just ran into a friend whose dog died around the same time as Sullivan, and she brought up that her dog was barking mysteriously before Forrest even mentioned it.

This could be one of the many topics I've missed, but I'm thinking there is something to it?
courtsey of Sweetpea
Lisa_D
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Ghost doggies?

Post by Lisa_D »

I can't say that Bear barked for no reason but I do know Bear was very upset when Taz passed. He would look for him everywhere. He would be in and out of the house running all over trying to find him. It was pretty sad to see him like that so I had to get a new buddy for him.
My dog I had prior to Bear had passed and I would think I heard her crying at the back door which really freaked me out!

Awesome banner compliments of Sweetpea, Thank you!
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Try to do a search through some of Judy's old posts. I believe it's Milly and Mabel's mom who have visited her house in the past.
This photo arrangement is the wonderful work of Sweetpea
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

This hasn't happened but some of the dogs sometimes seem to follow something with their eyes and at times We have heard distinctive clicks of toenails in our house when all the living furkids are outside.

David
Chow Chow Mama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Chow Chow Mama »

Holden didn't do anything like this after Tucker, but I do believe in it.
ImageImageImage
ChowLady
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ChowLady »

When Koysta our big male is out in the front yard with us and the other chows he just sits and looks at the house across the road from us. He never takes his eyes of that house very much at all. A couple of years ago, the male that owned the house took his life in the house, because his wife left him. Its as if Koysta can pick up on something being there.
Also I often think I hear Catbalou in her favourite spot where she use to lay, I do think that they often do little things like that to let us know that they are still around in spirit with us, and I am sure I often here Teisha digging her bed making her nest, when I look no dog on the bed.
In Loving memory of Catbalou, Teisha, Tiara & Quoncha. .
WildThings
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by WildThings »

I had a cat when I was younger who was my baby. She had been with us her entire life, as a family cat, but she was mine and I was hers. Annie was hit by a car shortly after turning two. For years afterward, I would be in bed and feel a cat jump on the bed. I would feel around to see who it was (we have always had multiple cats) but there would be no cat there. I always wondered if it was her. Maybe it has something to do with their innocent, pure souls.
Amanda
ImageSweetpea Designs
"Many people talk to animals...not many listen though. That's the problem" The Tao of Pooh
bubba
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by bubba »

unless i am mistaken Mitochondrial DNA studies reveal that chow and chow ancestor have been on earth longer than Modern Man..

i do know they sense things i do not.. .....

"You can see a lot just by observing." -Yogi Berra

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Household_deity

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riders_in_ ... boy_Legend