Took him on a 90 degree temp. walk

Introduce yourself and ask questions of the forum Chow Chow enthusiasts.

Moderator: chowadmin

carrerav
Rank 0
Rank 0

Took him on a 90 degree temp. walk

Post by carrerav »

Hello Everyone!

This is my first post and I'm concerned with my chow chow. He's about to turn 5 months old at the end of this month. He's a male chow chow, currently losing his teeth, and is eating normally (2x a day). I decided to take him on a walk today because he seemed very active in the house. I know chow chows can't stand hot temperatures but I decided to take him on a walk because it was only going to be a short walk (15 min). We got home an hour ago and provided him with cold water and I currently have him in a room with A/C on.

However, he's been breathing really hard since I took him to the room, it looks like his whole body is moving by his breathing. This room is fully carpeted and I just turned on the A/C in the kitchen to cool the house down. I plan to move him to the kitchen since it has tile flooring. Is there a way I can slow his breathing? He seems a bit distressed by the way he keeps moving around. Should I be worried? I know I read a post on here that breathing fast can cause pain to the heart. Thank you all for your advice and help :)