New To This Forum, Hello and . . .

Introduce yourself and ask questions of the forum Chow Chow enthusiasts.

Moderator: chowadmin

jpalamaro
Rank 0
Rank 0

New To This Forum, Hello and . . .

Post by jpalamaro »

Without too much background, I'm a single/widowed male in NE Florida who recently lost his beloved Golden Retriever to epilepsy at three years young. I'm not sure I can ever go back to the breed as my heart will always be heavy and will wonder if my new friend can replace the memory. I've always loved the 'looks' of the Chow Chow and have been doing extensive reading, BY AUTHORS, not necessarily owners. I live alone in a large home, with a fair amount of property with no immediate neighbors, sometimes travel alone in my motorhome, and anyone who has owned a GR knows that are probably the friendliest dog in the world. Some of my concerns about the Chow Chow are: 1. finding a reputable breeder 2. socialization 3. No young children in my life, tho' a visit to Starbucks or a walk I'm hoping the socialization stabilizes some of what I read about Chow Chows. While I've read that Chow Chows are, or can be aloof, and that they don't share the same desire to please as a Golden, do they display any affection to their owner? Some comments by owners would certainly be welcome,