Hi I am new to this site signed up today

Introduce yourself and ask questions of the forum Chow Chow enthusiasts.

Moderator: chowadmin

steve27
Rank 0
Rank 0

Hi I am new to this site signed up today

Post by steve27 »

hello all , I have a 10 year old femaie chow chow cheam color Sasha, very sweet and loves people .
i bbrought her to my vet yesterday because somthing didnt seem right.She wasent eating right and very tired.
I was devastated with the news that she has a tumer the size of her stomach anr most likely cancer.
the prognosis she told us was anywere time giving a month at the most. My heart is breaking! didnt recommend having it removed
she did say it probably spread to the lungs.
i"ve been reading on here and othe places on the web that it should be removed but say it only extends their life a few month and they will need chemotherapy
to me it seems usless to put hte dog though all this to only get a few more months.
she also told me to give her whatevwe she wants to eat to make her happy.
basically a death sentence!
that she can go at any time.
what do all of you make of this?
broken hearted!!
lily
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Hi I am new to this site signed up today

Post by lily »

hi steve 27. im sorry to hear about your chow. i made my dying dog comfortable under the house (on stilts) on dry earth on a bed of hay (she had become incontinent) and i spent much time with her. one day the community resident tibetan lama was visiting and while we were drinking tea the dog started to howl, a howl i'd heard for 1st time the nite before, unlike anything i ever heard so the lama said who's that? we went to the main house and he looked at her and told me to come over to the temple he'd give me pills to help her attain a human next life. i did and she died early next mornin. it felt like a good death.
. . . . but my initial reason for responding was to ask you how to post a comment, i just cant figure it - i can do a reply but not the posting of a new thread - could you tell me pls?
ps also what your dog is concerned i wouldnt give her extra treats etc - when death is starting to happen we want to have an empty stomach so we dont waste energy digesting.
rmb
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by rmb »

HI Steve,
I am so sorry to hear what you and Sasha are going through. I agree with you on declining surgery and chemo. I think the best you can do for her is make her as comfortable and happy as possible until you see that she is no longer comfortable or happy. Give her lots of hugs and kisses and I hope you have someone close to give you hugs and kisses too during this trying time.
Divapfood
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Divapfood »

you are Welcome to here!!