Wanted to say hello!

Introduce yourself and ask questions of the forum Chow Chow enthusiasts.

Moderator: chowadmin

CALIcharlie
Rank 0
Rank 0

Wanted to say hello!

Post by CALIcharlie »

Hi everyone,
I'm excited to be a member on chow chow.org! I have such a deep love & connection with chow chows, just like all of you! I was so blessed to have my first black chow chow Rogan for 15 years. She was my EVERYTHING!!! She was my best friend. I can't begin to explain the void & emptiness I had when I had to put her down. I had found out about a year prior after extensive testing she had kidney failure and her levels were out of control. I did everything I could from giving her a low protein diet, gave her fluids a couple times a week to help her stay hydrated, Acupunture ......most of all LOVE. Her quality of life just wasn't there, and my husband and I decided it would be best to let her rest in peace.....we loved her so much we couldn't let her suffer because of our selfishness and not wanting to say goodbye. She was such a fighter, what a trooper.....that touched so many hearts and was sure going to be missed!!! "I still cry at the thought, even while writing this on saying goodbye to her, but knowing that her vision was gone, hearing was faint and she wasn't able to control her bathroom anymore, we again new it was time. She had a wonderful life and that made me have peace. I had a broken heart, but being that I was getting married in just a few months, it kept me busy with all the wedding planning.....but not busy enough not to look into getting a new baby. I had found a breeder in Ohio that was amazing to work with and picked her from a photo, we new just looking at her....she was the one! I wasn't able to get charlie until I flew back to MI in June, before wedding in July so I got charlie when she was 11 weeks old. The breeder was great emailing us pictures as she grew right up until us arranging a driver to bring her to the airport, so when I landed....I met charlie for the first time!! She was perfect! Cutest blue chow chow and such a lover. Not to brag but super smart too!! She was welcomed into the family instantly.....she was perfect! How lucky to have another wonderful chow chow. I hope were blessed to have charlie for a long time, happy & healthy!! My husband and I had always talked about having Rogan in our wedding, but since that wasn't possible, we had charlie, and how cute it was ( I will have to post some pics soon) Family & friends said she had big shoes to fill, but one things for sure, she has filled our hearts!! She loves her LA life!!
Juniper
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Wanted to say hello!

Post by Juniper »

Welcome! Looking forward to Charlie's pics!
Jennifer & Sheena
loved2X
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Wanted to say hello!

Post by loved2X »

Congrats on Charlie! Please post pics as soon as you can. Can't wait to see the baby!