New to the Group.

Introduce yourself and ask questions of the forum Chow Chow enthusiasts.

Moderator: chowadmin

Belle1960
Rank 0
Rank 0

New to the Group.

Post by Belle1960 »

Hi everyone and thanks for letting me join. We rescued a male chow when he was 10 months old and Named him Max. He was a wonderful dog and so loving. Max had the typical skin issues that chows have and he had some stomach issues that finally got cured by getting him on the right food. Max was the sweetest thing ever, only thing he ever did was chew up a remote control that our daughter left on the floor, so it baffled us as to why his former owner abused him so badly. We groomed max ourselves (the lion cut ofcourse) and he would strut around like he was Mr. America, lol. All the kids in the neighborhood, would yell "The Lion dog is out, the lion dog is out" when they saw him in our yard, lol. He would sit on our deck and wait for me to get home from work and when he saw me get out of the car he would do that OOF sound that Chows make and just dance around the deck. Sadly enough, Our 10 year old Max tore his tendon so bad in his back leg (he had hip displasia too) that we were left with no choice but to put him down. Even the Vet cried as Max traveled over the Rainbow Bridge. My husband set on the floor kissing him and petting him while slipped away. Max's passing took place 11 days after our 14 year old Dauchand (Rusty) passed away. We lost both our boys 11 days apart last November between Veterans Day and Thanksgiving. The Vet also mentioned that Max could have suffered from lonelyness because of Rusty passing, which I understands happens a lot of times when pets have been together for a long time. We have gotten another Dauchand puppy and name him Sonny and what a pistol he is, lol. We are wanting to get another chow as well and I have been making inquiries. Hopefully, we will get to go see one named Boots this weekend. We sure do miss our Max. I will try to post some pictures of the boys if I can ever figure out how to do that. I made a calague (SP??) of pictures of the boys through the years and took a picture of that, so hopefully I can get it posted. Just wanted to post and introduce myself.
Auddymay

Re: New to the Group.

Post by Auddymay »

Welcome to the forum. I think the spelling you want is collage. Max sounded like a wonderful Chowboy. I lost my Chow/lab mix last summer, and this summer, my husband brought home a Pug. Both Lily (my PB Chow) and I were appalled, going from the dignity of Pip to the antics of a monkey in goofy looking Pug clothing...lol. We are both adapting, but we both wish she were a Chow.

I hope you think about a big brother or sister for your doxie. There are so many perfectly good Chows in rescue, it might be easier to find another Super Max type than you think. Petfinder and our rescue sections are both excellent resources. In any event, any new Chow member you add to your family will be more than welcome here!
Belle1960
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Belle1960 »

Thank you. I can't believe your chow enjoys the water, how cool is that. Your guy (sorry if that is a female)is GORGEOUS. Looks exactly like our MAX. How old is this one?
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Welcome! I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my chow girl in April and know the pain.
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
cherriemater
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by cherriemater »

Welcome to the best group out there!! You'll find lots of support, care, concern, advise and empathy. Sadly, we lost our girl, Kimba, the first of June and still have pangs of grief from time to time. Our Sasha is due late-August and we're excited. I'm sure I can say for all that we'd love to hear more antics from your Max and even Rusty. And, yes, I know that "OOF" that you mention. Kimba would do the same. How I miss her!!!
Joe and Marti Martin ... Chow Chow lovers for Life (RIP Kimba 06/03/2011)
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

That is Lily. She only will go ankle deep, and at lake Michigan she runs from any wave that might splash her. A kiddie pool is a torture device and only good for drinking from. Oh, and she is 6.