Introducing Ourselves

Introduce yourself and ask questions of the forum Chow Chow enthusiasts.

Moderator: chowadmin

Rex343
Rank 0
Rank 0

Introducing Ourselves

Post by Rex343 »

Hello,

Been reading this forums since we rescued a black chow mix from the humane society. Rex was 10 months old in September 2009 when we got him. We are not sure what he is mixed with but he is mostly chow. Still hasn't developed the full lion mane yet. He was partially trained and house broken when we got him. The only aggression he has shown is when I am away and the wife answers the door for a salesmen and he gets pushy and won't leave then Rex tells them it is time to go and they get the message quickly. Rex loves playing with our grandsons red staffishire terrior.

Hi from Rex and us.
Merlin
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Introducing Ourselves

Post by Merlin »

Thank your for giving a future to a rescue!
Rex is just being a good guard dog.
Nothing wrong with that.
Can't wait to see pics.
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Welcome! Rex sounds like a good boy! :) My crew do the same when I'm home alone(if I answer the door), for most of the people who come to our door, just seeing my 3 at the door sends them away. :lol:
Thank you for rescuing! :) Rex is about the same age my black mix boy, Jasper, is! Jazz just turned 2. :)
I can't wait to see pictures of your boy!
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
Me & Tess
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Me & Tess »

A very fine guard dog. Tess guarded me & the family well. In the Los Angeles area she was on high alert. When we moved to Montana, she found that she only had to be on alert for squirrels & bears. Enjoy you beautiful black chow!
KathrynH
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by KathrynH »

Hi! Rex sounds like my Buddha! I had house alarm salesmen that tried to sell me an alarm system, but Buddha wouldn't let them any closer than right before the front porch...I had to laugh, and ask them if they really thought I needed a home security system LOL
Thanks so much sweetpea!!!
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

Welcome! Like everyone has said...Rex sounds like a very good boy and guard. It's a good feeling to know there is someone there who will protect everyone!
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
chowhuskylass
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by chowhuskylass »

hi welcome looking forward to pictures of rex, with 7 dogs in our house when the door goes, i get a quick bark maybe, depends on the force of the knock, as they run to the treat bin in the kitchen lol!
JasonandNat
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by JasonandNat »

Welcome, beautiful rescue and great guard dog!