Rehoming 5.5 year old male chow

All listings for Chow Chows that need a home.

Moderator: chowadmin

B&B
Rank 0
Rank 0

Rehoming 5.5 year old male chow

Post by B&B » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:06 am

Update: Thanks to their big hearts, Chow Chow Rescue Society has agreed to help finding Bingo a forever home. If you're interested in fostering/adopting Bingo, please fill out an application at their website (https://chowchowrs.com/application). Thanks!

Hi, I wrote a similar post in the General Discussion section, but I figure this is a more proper place for the topic. I'm rehoming my chow, Bingo, because I just cannot find a safe way to relocate him overseas with me. He is 5.5 year old, 39lb, neutered, microchipped, up to date on all shots, very healthy and physically active. He gets along very well with other dogs and we go to the dog park quite often. He lived happily with a cat for a year, but it took about 2 weeks for them to be comfortable with each other. He is wary of running/screaming kids, so he definitely should go to a home with no little kids. I'm posting here because I can only entrust him to someone who is familiar with chows, for he is very chow-like in terms of temperament: he is independent, stubborn and loyal; he respects personal space and expresses affection more like an adult; he can also be goofy and silly, especially when he is playing with people and dogs. We live in Northern Indiana. Feel free to contact me if you need more information. Thanks!
Attachments
Bingo_Adult.JPG
Bingo_Adult.JPG (63.5 KiB) Viewed 112 times
Bing2.jpg
Bing2.jpg (64.24 KiB) Viewed 112 times
Bingo_Puppy.JPG
Bingo_Puppy.JPG (66.45 KiB) Viewed 112 times