Coordinating Southern and North Central Chow Fest

Plan for Chow Chow gatherings in your city.

Moderator: chowadmin

pfordeb
Rank 3
Rank 3

Coordinating Southern and North Central Chow Fest

Post by pfordeb »

How about Wooster, Ohio for us northeners?

Wooster

Schellin Park. Great dog park with water fountain and waste receptacles. In addition to a fenced in off leash dog park, Schellin has 2 Softball fields, a picnic pavilion, restrooms, children's play area, gabion lined stream and a pond with fountain. This makes Schellin Park an ideal picnic site, or summer softball field of dreams. Schellin Park is also the home of the Wooster Skate Park. Location: Schellin Park is located on Maple Street between Freedlander and Henry Streets. (Thank you Darcee Cormany & Jessica Oswald)

I just got a great Ohio geography lesson (not a strong subject for me) when I did a search of Ohio Dog Parks, then did a search of all the towns they listed to find the locations. Most are near the major cities like Cleveland, Cincinnati, and Columbus. I still have the list, so the location might depend on where everyone is coming from. There have been several comments from people interested.

Saturday, October 13 is still good for me (and to coordinate with our chowdren and their people in the South). Maybe Noon Eastern time to give people time to drive and not have to get up too close to the crack of dawn I'm open to all suggestions.

I also think it would be cool if anyone is technologically proficient to send pictures back and forth to points south.

Debbie

PS I just heard a thud and a sigh from Sullivan, really scared me but she's OK and continues to be OK.
courtsey of Sweetpea
enchantedonyx
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by enchantedonyx »

I was looking the other day and was going to suggest the same place!

I'm definitely up for the Chow fest in Wooster. Hoping Amanda can bring both Chows so I can swipe one of them. :D If not, I'll just soak up all the Chowish fun. :D
~Renae
<br>

Banner thanks to Wildthings. Sizing thanks to Sweetpea.
Larry Harris
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Larry Harris »

Road trip :lol: We will bring extras just in case someone wants to take one home \:D/ Pretty sure there will be a fight on your hands for Ai Shu and Cinnamon [:D]

Larry and Terrina
WildThings
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by WildThings »

I would love to meet in Wooster, so far, it seems like I will be able to go. Tess and Fiona will come also, I can't guarantee either will come near anyone else, although I'm sure Fiona would love to see Larry and Terrina again if they can come!
Amanda
ImageSweetpea Designs
"Many people talk to animals...not many listen though. That's the problem" The Tao of Pooh
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

Yeppers.....sounds great to us!

JR and Cheyenne and of course, Mom

JR AND CHEYENNE

another special from SWEETPEA PRODUCTIONS
enchantedonyx
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by enchantedonyx »

I created a thread just for the north central chowfest on the special events area of the forum. Just wanted to post here so everyone would know where to find it!
~Renae
<br>

pfordeb
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pfordeb »

Thanks!
courtsey of Sweetpea
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Aw I wish we could be in two places at once, but we're planning on going to AL for Bama's chowfest. I hope you all have a wonderful time!!
This photo arrangement is the wonderful work of Sweetpea
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

I'm with you Katalin, I wish I could be in two places at once on October 13th!
Is your date set in stone yet? If not, keep us posted so that we may be able to attend both.
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!
pfordeb
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pfordeb »

As I told Bama, ironically I thought of October 13, so we could have a virtual chowfest via wifi or picture phones with the southeastern half of the country, but I'm open to other dates. Should I do a poll?
courtsey of Sweetpea
enchantedonyx
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by enchantedonyx »

Updated other thread in special events with current info and lots of pictures of the park. For those who don't wander over there regularly, just thought I'd let you know!
~Renae
<br>

pfordeb
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pfordeb »

Thanks Renae!

Hope alot of people can make it. If you are technologically inclined (on both the northern and southern branches), I'm hoping we can do a virtual eastern north/south chowfest and say hi to everyone through a computer-cellphone or whatever -- we'll have to set a time. Ours is tentatively starting around noon. (I am not technological but I'm recruiting anyone who is).

Debbie
courtsey of Sweetpea