Special Event: Midwest Chowfest

Plan for Chow Chow gatherings in your city.

Moderator: chowadmin

Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

:P
Jeff&Vicki
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Jeff&Vicki »

BTT [bump to top]
Can they put a sticky or announcement on this to keep it on top until the Chowfest is over? Folks that are new to the site may not find it on page 3.

Jeff
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." .... Will Rogers
threedogjeep
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by threedogjeep »

I might be signing up for chowfest cleveland. DH thinks it is driveable! We are trying out our traveling situation with the van this week when we go to South Carolina.
Twelve Paws UP!!
Sharon Rose
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

Three dogs-- one van

NAH Jeep or Harley

Take Care
Alan

JR AND CHEYENNE

another special from SWEETPEA PRODUCTIONS
Babs64
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Babs64 »

What time will the ChowFest be on May 19? I am trying to figure out the legistics if I drive down on Saturday. Thanks.
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

Babs...if you are talking about the Indiana part...please pm Auddymay for the times etc.
The Cleveland one on Sunday will be in the morning to the earlier afternoon.

Sharon

JR AND CHEYENNE

Babs64
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Babs64 »

Hi Sharon,

Thanks. I am talking about the Indianapolis gathering. I'll PM AuddyMay.
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

I would think we should start around 10:00 in the morning. I'm not certain if I will drive down that morning, or the night before yet. I don't want anyone thinking they need to rush there to make 10:00, though.

I plan on being there all afternoon, and then driving to Ft. Wayne for the night. Then on to Ohio. The Ohiofest is starting at 9 or 10 as well. Cheyenne and JR have picked one of their favorite parks for the start of the day, and then we will be re-locating to Cheyenne and JR's home for a little noshing, and off-lead romping.

About food. For both days of the festival, I thought a picnic potluck would be nice. If we bring a dish to pass, and possibly grilling meat, we can have a nice lunch on both days. As the date approaches, I will compile a list of dishes we are each bringing, so we don't end up with 5 people all bringing baked beans, or such. Also- grilling capabilities at both festival sites have not been confirmed yet. Think picnic, think portable when choosing the dish you wish to bring.

As we get closer to the weekend of the party, I will post driving instructions to both festivals. I will also PM my cellphone number to anyone who wants it. In fact, it would not be a bad idea if a couple of us did that.

Let me end today's post by saying, while I am coordinating the festival, it is all our festival. If you see some glaring hole in the posted plans, or have a suggestion, please, speak up!
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Awesome!! We can't wait!!!! :D
This photo arrangement is the wonderful work of Sweetpea
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

JR and Cheyenne here
We are just toooooooooo EXCITED and that will make us pee double and triple time!!!!!!

Mommy said she can grill up lunch or dinner {she likes to be a mommy to everyone}and she promised that we can have a special chow feast with our people. This way our burgers and stuff will be hot and juicy and if we do it at our house...we can all zoomie without leashes.
Mommy also found a Homstead and Extended Stay near our house and they take doggies for 25.00 extra a night and they have kitchens and a fridge and dishes.

Mom said to pm her for phone #'s etc.

Is is Chowfest yet...wish it would hurry up and be here!!!!

Snots and slurps and pees....JR and Cheyenne

JR AND CHEYENNE

chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Oh oh oh JR and Cheyenne!! Special D here- I know, I can barely contain myself!! I just know that we'll have to stop several extra times on our drive because it is jsut too exciting. Of course, mommy said she will brush me even at the hotel!! :roll: Ah well, I suppose I can deal with it, after all she is driving me to see you all. I would drive but I cna't see over the dashboard. :roll:
chris

Post by chris »

How long is it going to take me to drive home from OH again???? :shock: :)
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Well, Chris. It is going to take you some time. Bring sunglasses, you'll be driving toward the sun almost all the way home. And from what I hear, avoid the Dan Ryan E-way at all costs. In fact, I would go around Chicago, if I were you. You won't need convincing on the way back home to avoid it, you will have already ignored my warnings and driven through (v-e-r-y slowly) on the way to Lafayette. We will send you home in time to get some sleep before work, but you will not have a restful weekend.
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

ARE WE THERE YET...ARE WE THERE YET???

Mom...waddya mean we aren' there yet...we are going to Chowfest with all our buddies....Mom...waddya mean we aren't going anywhere...Mom...waddya mean...we wanna go!!!

Oh Mom...you mean all the fluff bugs are coming to our house....When Mom....When..When...When?????

Uh Oh... we gotta go pee...triple peeeeeeeeeeeee!

JR and Cheyenne

JR AND CHEYENNE

Babs64
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Babs64 »

I have to go through Chicago. I wonder if Indiana's part of I-294/I-94 is still under construction :-?. I am figuring it will take up to 3 hours to get to LaFayette from the western suburbs of Chicago if there is construction. Now I have to decided whether to drive down Friday night or early Saturday morning.

Chris I think you are about 2 hours north of me. I agree about avoiding the Dan Ryan Expressway. If you take I-294/I-290 (Tri-State), it may be a mess on Friday if you come through during rush hours (about 4 pm to 6:30 pm) but will be okay on Sunday.

Auddymay, a picnic will be great. Do you want us to PM you with what we are bringing?
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

You can either pm me, or simply post here. If you post here, others will know what everyone else plans to bring and adjust, if need be.

Sharon suggested that we may not want to travel with dishes in tow, but I'm bringing a cooler, anyway, and if I prep before leaving, it will be as easy as seen on the cooking channel to whip it up. Plus, I will be doing something easy to assemble and carry. If anyone doesn't wish to bother with a dish, it's no big deal.

If you are posting what you plan to bring, be sure to include which chowfest day you are attending.
Babs64
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Babs64 »

Sophie here. Mom says it's only 10 days to Chowfest Indiana!
I want to go noooowwww. I want to go zooommieee with all the other chows at Chowfest!
chris

Post by chris »

Changes... for me anyway.... unfortuantly I will not be coming down on Friday night anymore... and I have to drive back Saturday night. :-( BUMMMMMER. So IN chowfest is the only one I will be able to attend.
I was so looking forward to having a room next to Auddy so I can be obnoctious and loud... ;-) hehe
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

Oh Chris ...we were so looking forward to meeting you and Steel and Roxie.
I am so disappointed...are you just sure that you can't make it????

Sharon

JR AND CHEYENNE

chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Aw Chris. :( We'll miss having you there. I was looking forwarded to meeting you and Steel too, and so was Special. He's sleeping now,so I will have to break it to him gently when he wakes up. :(
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

I may still go to Lafayette for the night (friday) and since Chris took a powder, I will drive through to Cleveland on Saturday night, and just wave to Ft Wayne as I drive by. Hey Chris, you should still camp out Friday night. I am probably staying at a fleabag inn the first night, so we can turn the pups loose in the halls...hehe.
Terrina Harris
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Terrina Harris »

Auddymay We are staying at Days Inn in Layfette. The price there isn't to bad and they usually are pretty clean. We are leaving friday night and are also planning on stay there Saturday. Days Inn is only 11 minutes away from where we get the passes for the dog park. It is over 3 hours from where we live and you live north of us.

Does anyone know yet what dish they are planning on bringing?

Terrina
Thank you sweetpea!!
Auddymay

Dishes to pass

Post by Auddymay »

As people post what they wish to bring, I will up-date this list.

From Babs-
Hi Audymay,

I'll bring some broccoli slaw. If I can find some good tomoatoes, I'll also bring fresh mozzarella and tomatoes salad.

Do you think it would be okay to bring treats for the chows? I have a dog bakery here in town and I was think of picking up some treats to bring.

Thanks,

Babs

Indianafest
1. Broccoli Slaw
2. Pinwheels
3. Baked Beans
4. Tomatos w/ Mozarella Cheese*
5. Layered Nacho Dip w/ Nacho Chips

Ohiofest
1. Pinwheels
2. Taco Salad
Last edited by Auddymay on Fri May 11, 2007 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

what is a pin wheel????

And anyone needing accomodations Sat night in Cleveland....looks like the Homestead suites by me has the best rates for dog friendly....If you go online the week off...they usually run a special of about 50.00 or so plus 25.00 for the dog.
We can check over the weekend.

Any more updates on who is coming to Cleveland??

Sharon

JR AND CHEYENNE

chris

Post by chris »

:( I wanna come... trust me... but, my brother who is going thru a divorce with a wack job... is going to have my niece and nephew baptised since the wacky either was just to lazy to plan it... or just plain didn't want to do it. (I think the later.. ) And trust me.. she is a WACK JOB.... even worse than me. :wink: :lol:

Maybe, we can have another one in IN in late summer early Fall... now fall would be so wonderful, especialy for pictures. :-)