Chowfest

Plan for Chow Chow gatherings in your city.

Moderator: chowadmin

Auddymay

Chowfest

Post by Auddymay »

Hey Jerry, shouldn't you be preparing for the party, instead of perusing the posts?
chris

Post by chris »

I think it's about time usins in the mid west start planning something for spring or summer... and centraly located place... maybe... Indiana or something? What do you all think? WE could shack up at Sharon and Alans place... LOL :wink:
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

:shock: well...I think that would be a bit crowded...but we could have Chowfest in their area and just leave our furkids at their house, whist we stay at a spa type hotel...JUST JOKING Sharon!
jerryo

Post by jerryo »

No problem, Auddymay. Its still 4hours and 51 minutes til Chowfest. Benny is washed and brushed. Lady had a pawdicure. And Swancin and Kodi only live about 10 minutes from here. We are all excited, but we will make it on time. :D
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Don't forget to arrive an hour early, hostesses LOVE that! :lol: :lol: :lol:
jerryo

Post by jerryo »

Riiight. I may be that dumb, but you can't count on it. :lol:
SWANCIN
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by SWANCIN »

Hi all,

Kodi here. :D :D :D Got a good nights rest and am ready to PAR-TAH!

Kodi's Mom here. :D :D Got a good nights rest too and we're all so excited to see Jerry, his crew, Leo and her Mum and Dad, Lou and Miss PB, Karen and Shiloh, Linda and Boogie and MAYBE EVEN (drum roll...) JAKE and his people!!!

See ya!
Cindy & Kodi

I Wanna Go Chase Something!!!!!
Compliments of SWEETPEA - Banner Artiste Extraordinaire

Dogster page: http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=36558
HemiCuda
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by HemiCuda »

Hello everyone! I was just curious, I joined chow chow .org , just recently... So chowfest is what? and where? and when? :wink:
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Oh Hi, It's me, Miss Pooh Bear!

I'm online too!!!!

I got a good night's rest and am ready to come down, but Mommy's not ready yet. So I'm so excited! It's such a beautiful day in my part of town... just can imagine how Kodi's backyard picnic is going to look for CHOW FUN in the SUN!

Now Kodi's mom, don't forget the handsome Tonka and his dad, Steve and their friend and their friend's Houdini said they were coming too!!!

Kisses and hugs everyone!
:x -Miss Pooh Bear

P.S. Mr. JerryO, please remind Benny that he promised to save a dance for me!
P.S.S. Ms. HemiCuda, ChowFest is a festival of chows. It is a fiesta filled day with fun friends and the best, oh the bestest of snacks! We had a big one in July of 2006. Then we had Ladies' Day at the Beach and today we are having Chow Fun in the Sun! These are events our mom's and dad's get to join us. So far ChowFest has been held here in California, which was inspired by one thrown in Canada. Okay, good-bye, nice talking to you Ms. HemiCuda.
Last edited by Zhuyos mom on Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
SWANCIN
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by SWANCIN »

Lou wrote: Now Kodi's mom, don't forget the handsome Tonka and his dad, Steve and their friend and their friend's Houdini said they were coming too!!!
Hi Miss PB, Thank you for reminding me. That's great!!! I wasn't 100% sure they were coming or not! Yeah, bring 'em on!! \:D/
Cindy & Kodi

Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

SWANCIN wrote: ... I wasn't 100% sure they were coming or not! Yeah, bring 'em on!! \:D/
It's me again, Kodi. Well, Mommy read me an e-mail that they were coming. Then when I asked Mommy to see if they replied to your evite, they did. So I hope they did not forget?

Oh, you must meet Tonka. He is just a very handsome fellow!!!

STAR UPDATE: 10:27 am (ChowFun in the Sun time)
I just checked your evite and it looks like Tonka is not coming afterall. His daddy is ill. Oh well. Next time! Oh, Mommy told me when I type, I need to use large font for Pip and Lily Ann Wu's Mom. FYI, okay?!
precious's mom
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by precious's mom »

Be sure to take lots of pictures to post for those of us that were not able to be at Chowfest! How fun! So jealous that I cannot be there too!

Missi & Precious
Missi

created by the AMAZINGLY TALENTED sweetpea
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

You are all welcome in my house...anytime!!!

I cannot think of anything that would be more fun than to have a house and garden full of our gorgeous chows and their "people!"
JR would bust a gut with all of the beautiful chow ladies and their fluffy butts :lol: :twisted: :x =P~ :p
And Cheyenne could finally talk her head of in "Chowenese!" 8-} =; :D

And actually we have some really great Spa hotels and B and B's around here that you could visit and we would be more than happy to Chow sit the crew!

Hope that the CHOWFEST turns out to be a really great day!!

Sharon
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

To answer the question, 'what is chowfest?'...Chowfest was first held in Toronto, by the Canadian members. Those of our members that were close enough, got together to meet each other and enjoy a day in the park. Then the San Fransiscans and San Josens got together this past summer and had a California Chowfest.

This has sparked yearning in the rest of us to get together and have our own. The biggest obstacle we have is the distances most of us would be required to travel for the festival. Up until recently, the closest member to me was Chris in Wisconsin, if I took the ferry, or the 3M's in Chicago. Now there are actually 2 of you that are close (Walker and Cedar Springs) and one just a bit further (Allegan). I think I will probably end up and be part of 2 as yet unplanned festivals this summer- Midwest Chowfest, and Eastern seaboard chowfest. We will have to see what actually shakes out as far as it goes.

Jerry, a Texas chow servant, is currently in the San Jose area, and not ones to let an opportunity go by, are having their 2nd chowfest today at Swancin's home. Of course, the rest of us are all jealous (again).
chris

Post by chris »

I saw it and you saw it Auddy... Looks like Sharon and Alan will be our chowhostes... :-) What do you guys say? Are you serious?? should we start planning?

Who are all of our mid westerners? (Great Lakes area?) ...
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Auddymay wrote:To answer the question, 'what is chowfest?'...Chowfest was first held in Toronto, by the Canadian members. Those of our members that were close enough, got together to meet each other and enjoy a day in the park. Then the San Fransiscans and San Josens got together this past summer and had a California Chowfest...
You forgot Sacramento-ens!

So longest road trip north and south were 2 hours of road travel for ChowFest 2006.

Try it! It's a blast!
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

I cnanot wait to see the pics and hear the "tails" :D of this chowfest!!!

I would love to have an eastern chowfest!!! Hubby and I have talked baout it a lot, we'd love to take Special to meet his chowpals!! :D
jerryo

Post by jerryo »

Well, I just got back from ChowFun at Cindy, Dick and Kodi's house. I would say it was fantastic, but that wouldn't really cover it. These Bay Area Chowyers KNOW how to throw a party. Benny and Lady are both worn out and asleep on the floor. Cindy, Chika, Karin, Lou and Linda made great snacks for the furred and the non-furred alike. All the furred got specially made commerative bandanas and special "take out orders of ChowFun". Lou made up goody bags to look like chineese takeout, complete with resturant tags and paper containers, decorated with Auddymay's "Chows We Love" pages, and enough treats to spoil a Chow for weeks.

There were several zoomie alerts, some of which were filmed, so these will be posted soon. There are also lots of still pictures, even though the Chows weren't still much until late in the party. Lady instigated alot of the zoomie runs, but with three or four or more Chows in the parade, it was quite a show.

Thanks so much to everyone for a great afternoon!! :D =D=
SWANCIN
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by SWANCIN »

Kodi and Cindy here.

Wow!!! That was BIG Chow FUN! Will write more later, kinda tired :) after the festivities.

Jerry, I think you may have left Benny's brush at the house (tell-tale fur color) so feel free to come by before you depart back to Texas - we'd love another visit.
Will write more later. Have a mini-trip planned beginning of the week, so will write and post pics (and solicit e-pic-album invites) after we return for sure.

What a Great Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you to everyone who attended and the those nice well-wishers from afar.
Cindy & Kodi

kingalls

Post by kingalls »

Shiloh here...wow! what a fantastic party! even though Mom put that necklace on me, I still had a fun time! I sure hope that Kodi's commerative scarf covered up that silly thing! :roll:
I met so many Chowdren friends: Kodi, Benny & Lady, Boogie & Teddie, Ms. Leo, our celebrity starlet - Ms. Pooh Bear...I had so much fun! Benny is such a handsome dude but I'm too shy...I think he was enamoured by Ms. Pooh Bear and Kodi...anyway, I had soooo much fun!! I laid down for most of my ride home - I'm still really tired from all the fun and excitement...

Shiloh
Breathless
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Breathless »

Wow, Im so happy you guys had a good time and a little jealous, too of course. So where do I sign up for the pictures? Oh and did I read the word video?? :D
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

What an AMAZING time Miss Pooh Bear and I (and my mom, too) had today at Chow Fun in the Sun!

Yes, a 20 second zoomie video was taken... but, it was taken by me... by me with the "dial up" connection... and by me who has not opened a photobucket account. So, until I figure things out, just close your eyes and imagine 8 chows and 1 "Lady" doing a zoomie!

I will post one photo for now and will post another soon.

Photo number #1:

Want to throw a ChowFest? Rule #1... reserved parking! Reserved parking for each chow star... this one was for Miss Pooh Bear's chauffer's car!

Thanks again for the great day! Beautiful weather, beautiful people, beautiful chows and a beautiful "Lady"!
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

I'm so glad you guys had a great time!
It sounds like so much fun. I think I would be brought to tears watching all of these chowkids playing together.
What a great group of chowkids and their humans!

...waiting to see the home movies!!!
Chowsrule
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Chowsrule »

I definitely think a Midwest Chowfest is in order! As much as our little darlings love the snow and the cold, it would be great to have it at this time of year. However, while they may love the deep freeze atmosphere, I prefer to keep my non-fur covered behind in where it's warm! The other problem would be that given the current below zero temps and snow, one day or weekend could turn into a week long hibernation! We could sure get a lot of pictues, though and show our California chow kids what they're missing out on.
Kristie
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

.... till then, please enjoy 10 seconds of "California Zoomies" starring Miss Pooh Bear, Boogie, Lady, Kodi with a special appearance by Teddie, and the rest of the chow gang ... and then 20 seconds of my shoe on the lawn! And PLEASE, turn OFF your volume or you will hear me YELLING at Pooh Bear for 35 seconds! I had no idea I had sound on my camera! Enjoy!

Instructions: double click on the image and it will open up a window to the photobucket site where it will allow you to play the clip. I suggest you view "full size" - get the TOTAL experience!