Blue Buffalo

Topics, guidelines and tips for feeding Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Auddymay

Blue Buffalo

Post by Auddymay »

Does anyone here feed Blue Buffalo Wilderness? I bought some for Lily. She has been fighting skin infections and has been on antibiotics for months. Now she has a raging hotspot on her leg, and frankly she looks like hell. I have been feeding both girls Nature's Recipe Venison and rice. After reading up on yeast skin infections, it is recommended that dogs with these problems should be fed a grain-free diet, which Wilderness is purported to be. I hand fed both girls tonight, because I appeared to be treating. One cannot recieve a treat and not the other. Both loved it. I will be gradually phasing out the Nature's Recipe for Lily, but with about 20 ponds left in the bag, Pip will continue eating it. I also got some more probiotics and fish oil caps. Lily and Pip have been eating sardines, but both think the gel caps are a treat, too. Funny watching them squirt them as they are chewing the caps.
TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Blue Buffalo

Post by TJordan »

Auddy I don't know anything about Blue Buffalo, but what I am feeding Butters is grain free, Taste of the wild (salmon formula). He has been on it for about a year and has done well. They have different formula's as well depending on how much protein content you want. Poor Lilly, Good Luck!
SweetPea Rocks!!
Alika613
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Blue Buffalo

Post by Alika613 »

When Cameron was on it she had runny stools. I changed her over gradually and kept her on it until it ran out in the hopes that she would get used to it, but she didn't.

Let me know how it goes though! I loved the ingredient list and it looked like really great stuff. When I bought it the cashier was like "are you sure your dog need this much protein?"

"Well we hike a couple times a month, we backpack and camp out, and we do charity walks together and we jog, so... yeah..." It was kind of funny, my Chow is not the lazy sort. Anyways, if it works, let me know because I'll give it another try! I want to switch to higher quality food as it is.

-Alika613
My Chow Chow is smarter than your honor student.