Smooth Operator

Share photos of your Chow Chows!

Moderator: chowadmin

applebear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Smooth Operator

Post by applebear »

Just thought I'd share some photos of the little one. He's growing and developing nicely overall. We go in today for our 2nd shot at 10 weeks, then we start to look into puppy classes for when he's about 4 months. He is pretty independent, but far from the point where he isn't trainable or doesn't want to be with me [other people on the other hand are a different story]...he is food and praise motivated and by 9 weeks he could sit, down, wait and focus [look at me]. Right now, we are just enjoying being a puppy with few pressures and everything we learn is fun fun fun.

Again, I apologize for the floors...until my carpet is put in, they are what they are.

Last edited by applebear on Wed May 29, 2013 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
applebear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Update Pics

Post by applebear »

Top pic: yes, snow in May! :/
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

What a cutie, he sure has some expressions on his little mug.. too cute..makes me start wanting AGAIN....NEED TO RE-FOCUS......
Have you decided for sure on Solo for his name or still thinking ???
I know if my grandson had not been such a key person in naming Bella , my husband would have named her Stoli (after the russian vodka) And every now and then I think I hear him call her Stoli. I just realized I sound like all I do is drink between Stoli vodka and Red Solo cup response you probably think my meals are all liquid..(not yet anyway) hehe..
Just wondering how old is Ro (I think thats his name if I recall) they seem in the pictures to be doing very good together..Oh, no I need to RE-FOCUS AGAIN.. lol
Sarahloo
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Sarahloo »

Cute Smoothie! :-)
applebear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by applebear »

Thanks guys! Still thinking on name sadly...I know why it's so hard, but I need to just settle on one. My vet said I can't call him Mason because that's her name...I laughed, I totally wasn't thinking about her when I was looking at names. It may be Solo yet. I think Stoli would of been a cool name. :)

Rolyx is around the 3 year mark now. He does great with the pup, though some times they both get too rough and that makes pup get to a angry level. Is about only time I'll interfere, as I don't want them taking it to that level when they get older. Ro is good at breaking off when told to...pup will learn too. ;) Other than that, Ro is GREAT for tuckering him out for the night. lol
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

He looks like a Horace to me :D Such a little cutie. Love that wee face :x
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
Fozzbear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Fozzbear »

Good to see a smooth hair - he is gorgeous and I love the two of them playing together.
wokman
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by wokman »

Great to see a smooth having fun with his house mate. What a ham for the camera. :D Hope you can keep the play tamed as time goes on. O:) \:D/ =D=
applebear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Finally...a name!

Post by applebear »

Guess why he's smiling? That's right, his mommy finally named him! Say hi Jasper! [I know right, didn't even go with one of my original choices]
And just a couple more because puppies are too cute!
This one I feel I should outline with chalk
applebear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Smooth Operator

Post by applebear »

Demon mode activated
applebear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by applebear »

chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

Well Jasper, looks like we know who wears the pants in your family.. hehehe My grandson wears them in ours.??
You are looking mighty cute Jasper in your photo session... keep them coming...
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

Jasper suits him so well. What a cheekie little chap and sooooo cute :D
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
applebear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by applebear »

I changed Jasper's name to Rolyx...the name wasn't working for me at all. In turn, former-Rolyx was switched to Drama. Drama comes literally to any name you call him. I call another dog and he comes, so it's never mattered what I've called him anyway, but the name Drama is much more fitting to his personalty. If anyone met him, they'd understand why I have been calling him Drama looooong before Rolyx [former Jasper] was even a thought. I just stopped worrying about what others would think and made it official, I don't feel it's that big of a deal. Both dogs are secure in their home and well loved, that's all that should matter.

With that, all is going well. Rolyx is growing like a weed...he just went in for his final jabs and weighed around 18 pounds. I may make a post with a little explanation of the above, as I know not everyone looks at this. But I did have some pictures so thought I'd share.

Take care and enjoy
Only one is getting a meal here, can you guess who? [Drama did get a treat for his great sit and wait though]
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

haha you sound like me! I don't think Bella answers to her name at all ,and when I say Stoli she looks right at me! I swear my husband is calling her Stoli behind my back!!!!LOL. Which I also like the name ,but there is no telling a five yr old we changed her name!!! He is not having it!!!!! Funny thing is My grandson never got NIKKI 's name right he always called her Mikki Chow! And she answered to him pronto when he called Mikki Chow!
Anyway Iam sure your dogs will do fine with the name change !
applebear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by applebear »

chowpups wrote:haha you sound like me! I don't think Bella answers to her name at all ,and when I say Stoli she looks right at me! I swear my husband is calling her Stoli behind my back!!!!LOL. Which I also like the name ,but there is no telling a five yr old we changed her name!!! He is not having it!!!!! Funny thing is My grandson never got NIKKI 's name right he always called her Mikki Chow! And she answered to him pronto when he called Mikki Chow!
Anyway Iam sure your dogs will do fine with the name change !
Well it's much harder when others are involved, especially children. Even more so when they picked the name, it then becomes special to them. It's just me here, and I don't foresee most caring even...but when sounding off the idea around others, I did get a couple "Erm...won't that confuse the dog?" I would agree if it were most any other dog, but trust me...Drama comes literally to every name possible. Plus this name is more fitting to his personality.

I think we are ok...neither dog seems traumatized and we managed to avoid the doggy shrink this time. :roll:
applebear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by applebear »

Well it's been awhile, we are just around the 5 month mark [few of these are prob closer to 4 month mark, but meh].
Mr Monkey wanted a hug, his response was to drop and bite him in the jugular
Wish this one didn't turn out so blurry, would of been a nice shot otherwise
applebear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by applebear »

Good fun with Corgi friend
Things are just about to get real.....
Things just got real [there's a corgi under there, somewhere].
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

Rolex is looking very handsome,.. I notice a pool, will he go in?? We tried to get our golden retriever in and she didn't want any parts of it.. We wanted to do some water therapy on her ankles cause she sprained them when she slipped in a puddle on the driveway.. Now My Chows never wanted any part of the pool, but I thought a retriever might like it. (not that we wanted her to like it too much her shedding is unreal much worse than a chow).. We did get Nikki in just to teach her where the steps were but she never in 4 yrs touched the water again.. Now Bella wont go near either after we picked her up and carried her in, and held her she finally doggie paddled out and that was it .. DONE... she is happy just splashing in puddles all day. and we have had plenty of rain this summer to play in.. I think once the summer season is over we will try taking her to the Jersey shore bay area and teach her to swim where she can walk in and feel her footing first.. Maybe that will work better..
Cocoa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cocoa »

Rolyx is looking good, very handsome.

Nancy, can you send some of that rain my way? We are getting into the heart of Cocoa's allergy season and a little rain might help with the itches.
applebear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by applebear »

chowpups wrote:Rolex is looking very handsome,.. I notice a pool, will he go in?? We tried to get our golden retriever in and she didn't want any parts of it.. We wanted to do some water therapy on her ankles cause she sprained them when she slipped in a puddle on the driveway.. Now My Chows never wanted any part of the pool, but I thought a retriever might like it. (not that we wanted her to like it too much her shedding is unreal much worse than a chow).. We did get Nikki in just to teach her where the steps were but she never in 4 yrs touched the water again.. Now Bella wont go near either after we picked her up and carried her in, and held her she finally doggie paddled out and that was it .. DONE... she is happy just splashing in puddles all day. and we have had plenty of rain this summer to play in.. I think once the summer season is over we will try taking her to the Jersey shore bay area and teach her to swim where she can walk in and feel her footing first.. Maybe that will work better..
lol No he won't hop into the pool on his own, but he's not afraid of it either. I set him in about a month ago [while supporting him] while I was sitting on the side with my legs in the water, and at first he doggy paddled [chows are def not graceful about this] and then he figured out my feet were right under his and placed his back feet on mine and just laid there floating. Was funniest thing, he was so relaxed, "Why use energy if I don't have to?" He will hop into the baby pool IF there is something tossed in that he wants bad, but otherwise he won't go out of his way. I've set him in the baby pool and he's just kind of like, "Now what?" Drinks some water and then hops out. It doesn't scare him, but doesn't appeal to him either.

I'm surprised your retriever doesn't like water, maybe she needs to just be gently introduced. In my experience, most Chows don't overly care for water. I treated Ro after I put him in the water with lots of praise...so he really didn't have much of a negative reaction to it. I think some times Ro trusts me a little too much on my choices, but it's all good as long as it doesn't traumatize him. lol I was spraying him with the hose this last time and he just sat there biting the water, he was drenched by end...my friend was taking pictures so I'm at her mercy if I ever see them, but hopefully she got a good shot of that.
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

yeah my hubby carried her in then just held her up and she doggie paddled like no ones business to get to the steps and get the heck out of town!!! there was nothing graceful about it!!!! LOL

Applebear I must admit Ive named your dog myself MUGSY MALONE... Sorry but he'll never know I promise! I look at that precious little face and I say there is MUGSY!!! I had to tell you!! Hehe

Karen I certainly will do my rain dance tonight for YOU!
Cocoa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cocoa »

Thanks Nancy, I appreciate it even if Cocoa won't. I'm laughing about you both with the pool experiences, Cocoa won't step in a puddle so a pool is out of the question. I tried to get her to walk through a sprinkler the other day and she acted like I was trying to torture her. :lol:
Cocoa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cocoa »

Nancy, your rain dance must have worked, it started raining last night! We had a nice walk in the rain, which Cocoa didn't even seem to mind, at least until she was soaked to the skin, followed by a lovely zoomie around the house to dry off. I don't see the zoomies very often in the summer when it is hot so it was fun to watch. \:D/
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

I think I over did the rain dance thing , we had terrible floods Tues. cars under water being swept away! Bella was up to her belly in puddles!