Chows and beds?

Share photos of your Chow Chows!

Moderator: chowadmin

Crotalus
Rank 0
Rank 0

Chows and beds?

Post by Crotalus »

Well my chow isn't a fan of dog beds, Roxy my alsation seems to use his bed more..

Cocoa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Chows and beds?

Post by Cocoa »

Cute picture. I think if you search the site you will find a lot of the chows here (including Cocoa) use their beds as toy storage. :lol:
Sarahloo
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Sarahloo »

Oh, they'll use their beds, eventually! Only took Loo one year to warm up to his!
Ursa's daddy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Ursa's daddy »

My wife got a large soft poly filled bed for Ursa. It was like the one we had for our Husky. Neither Ursa or Malachi would even get on the thing. I would put them on it, and they would act like it was something very strange. No way would they sleep on it. Eventually she got something called a Snozzy Mat. It is more like a throw rug than a bed. They each have one and will sleep on it.
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

Nikki started out with a cooling pad in her crate, then we didn't use the crate later, but she still liked the cooling pad so we put that on the floor and she curled up on it,then we got her a fleece lined dog bed for the winter months but she went back to the cooling pad in the warmer months.. Eventually we got a bed that the cooling pad fit in..Seemed like she loved the cooling pad, used it even in the car to keep her cool traveling in the heat. Both of my chows loved a bed..I guess cause they couldn't get in mine..( Drs. Orders)
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rory's Dad »

have the same experience. stores his toys in the bed. I know i have to replace the weatherstripping under the front door, because that's where Rory goes to find a cool spot.
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Tippsy NEVER used a dog bed until she was 9. But, she did sleep in my bed with me her entire life. :lol:
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
Penelope
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Penelope »

Rory's Dad wrote:have the same experience. stores his toys in the bed. I know i have to replace the weatherstripping under the front door, because that's where Rory goes to find a cool spot.
HAHAHA me too! Sophie used to always go sleep by the front door on the tile, no bed's ever worked on her.
mayumiyumei27
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by mayumiyumei27 »

Penelope wrote:
Rory's Dad wrote:have the same experience. stores his toys in the bed. I know i have to replace the weatherstripping under the front door, because that's where Rory goes to find a cool spot.
HAHAHA me too! Sophie used to always go sleep by the front door on the tile, no bed's ever worked on her.
Same here! Eugene and Candace loves to stay on the front door of my room. Candace actually likes the door slightly open so she could put her out a bit like she's guarding my room or something. I soo Love them both! :P
PCC
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by PCC »

Dim Sum's favorite sleeping spot is on the first landing of the stairs.

Ursa's daddy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Ursa's daddy »

Dim Sum is so cute
TyChowgirl
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by TyChowgirl »

Ty sleeps in the niche of the doorway, on the spare bed with his head on the windowsil, or anywhere on the floor. Before my night shifts started, my fiance had convinced him his bed was his bed and he should sleep in it. And he did, sometimes. It's been 2 weeks since then, and I slept on the couch for most of it while I search for better curtains (that I may just say screw it and make myself) to black out my room so I can sleep during the day (I'm a daylight person by nature).So Ty may have forgotten that the bed in our bedroom is his since the last two nights I slept in there (Being back on days temporarily) he remained on the floor around the bed.
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

Tychow: alittle off subject but just a thought go to Lowes and get the accordian room darkening shades I got the cheaper ones and .. They are so good my son inlaw has to sleep with it up alittle cause he says he wouldn't wake up in the morning..I got them for migraine headaches when you need total darkening, also they keep the heat out in the summer pretty good too.. sorry for hijacking the thread.
Ursa's daddy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Ursa's daddy »

Tychow, I spent 21 years working shift. We got some cheap roll down black out shades, dark on the room side, and white on the outside, and they keep the bedroom dark, and as chowpups notes, they help block the summer sun.
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

I was sleeping soundly last night and woke up to a noise and all I said to my hubby (who by the way said go back to sleep its just the wind).. we need a landing guard, he had NO idea what I was mumbling about..that all I could think about when I saw Dim Sum sleeping on the landing was that I want one of those landing guards..
Cocoa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cocoa »

Oh Nancy you are so overdue for a landing guard. Hopefully you will have one soon! :D
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

Cocoa ! Iam hoping for a landing guard, soon..
PCC
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by PCC »

The reason why Dim Sum likes to lay on the landing is to guard the house! It allows him to look out the front window, seeing anyone who passes by on the sidewalk, or come up the walkway to the front door.
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

I knew it. What a good place to sleep.. I need a landing guard ...I mean GRANNY NANNY here with bedhead could surely scare away anything approaching but I don't feel like getting up to do it in the middle of the night.. hehe
Good Boy..Dim Sum keeping Mommy safe ..always on the watch..

Nancy
squintero
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by squintero »

Dim sum is such a beautiful dog.

My Juliette has always preferred sleeping on the cool hardwood floors.

I got her beds when she was a little pup and she decided to use them from chew toys. She also must like the way the stuffing tastes because she ate it! It isn't pleasant watching it come out! :-x

Needless to say I have taken away any pillows or beds for her. I try to get her to lay with me in bed but she always leaves me to lay on the floor beside my bed.