My doggie soul mate

Remember our beloved Chow Chows that have passed on.

Moderator: chowadmin

Bear's Mom
Rank 0
Rank 0

My doggie soul mate

Post by Bear's Mom »

The doggie love of my life passed away back in 2005 after 15 1/2 wonderful years shared with me. He was a Chow mix, at least that's what they told me at the animal shelter, he did have the fluffy tail, but no purple tongue. He was the sweetest, smartest, most unique dog I had the fortune to have owned. I still cry when I start talking about him or think of him for too long. What a beautiful dog he was. I didn't want another dog after he died...but, after only about 2 months I went looking for another. It took a bit, but I soon found another puppy. He looked so much like Conan, that I was stunned. Of course I took him home...purple tongue, fluffy tan hair and all. The boy there said he was a Shepherd/Bulldog mix, but when I saw the purple tongue I knew he was wrong. Then I saw this beautiful, tan fluffy Chow in the neighborhood and knew THAT was his father. The other pups were def. bulldog looking, but Bear and his sister were Chow for sure. I just have a thing for Chows now. Rest in peace my luv Conan. I think of you every day and tell you I love you every night before I go to bed. And when I dream of you, it makes my day the next day. I know he comes to me in my dreams. I will always own a dog until the day I die, and I hope it will always be a chow or a mix of one. I had Conan cremated and he will be buried with me. Together forever, even in death. I hope I don't sound crazy for saying these things, but its how I feel about him. Thanks for listening. Or, uh, reading.
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: My doggie soul mate

Post by Jeff&Peks »

"I hope I don't sound crazy for saying these things"

Nope not crazy at all, Actually everyone in my household knows Pekoe and I are to be cremated then our ashes mixed then either dumped off the Golden Gate bridge or taken to Tahoe and put in the lake. With my relatives Pekoe and I will be lucky to make it past the LA wash.

Could be that maybe you and I are just both crazy.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
Bear's Mom
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Bear's Mom »

Thanks for saying that. Now I don't feel too crazy! I am a dog-crazy fool, and love my chow mixes. Maybe one day I can have a full blood Chow.
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

I had a chowmix named Bear! My husband went trout fishing one April day and when he happened to look down, there was a darling puppy! The puppy followed him everywhere and started to follow his car when he was leaving. There were no houses nearby, so he brought him home. He was the cutest puppy I had ever seen. That was in 1991 and so began my love for the chow. He was my best friend. He was so special to me, I can't really put it into words. I understand how you feel about your Conan. I don't feel there is anything wrong with it.
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
Chow Chow Mama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Chow Chow Mama »

If you're crazy then this is the looney bin.

A lot of us feel the same way you do. My chowboy Tucker has visited me in my dreams, too, and I wake up with a smile afterwards.
ImageImageImage
Bear's Mom
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Bear's Mom »

Thank you...all of you for making me feel so welcome here. I have a feeling I will be coming here alot in the days to come. You understand how I feel and don't think I'm being silly for loving my doggies so much. :D
chow fancier
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chow fancier »

Bear's Mom wrote:Thank you...all of you for making me feel so welcome here. I have a feeling I will be coming here alot in the days to come. You understand how I feel and don't think I'm being silly for loving my doggies so much. :D
I absolutely don't think you're silly. What I don't understand is the people who don't love their dogs with their whole hearts. You fit right in here. Please come back often.
Jerilyn
Banner courtesy of the amazing Sweetpea.

Until there are none, adopt one!

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/631376
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/650868
Bear's Mom
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Bear's Mom »

People get dogs for the wrong reasons sometimes, not because they truly want a companion and not because they really love the dog and enjoy taking care of it. I worked for a vet so I saw abuse firsthand. We also put animals to sleep from the local pound...very heartbreaking. Kinda glad I don't work there any more, but I do miss the animals.
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

I think working for a vet would be nice, except for the sad times. That would be the hardest part.
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
ChowLady
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ChowLady »

No your not crazy, I have had my Catbalou cremated and her ashes will be buried with me, and we will be together forever as well. My Catbalou went to doggy heaven on the 30.12.07.
In Loving memory of Catbalou, Teisha, Tiara & Quoncha. .