My baby went to sleep today...

Remember our beloved Chow Chows that have passed on.

Moderator: chowadmin

Karen Lynn
Rank 0
Rank 0

My baby went to sleep today...

Post by Karen Lynn »

:cry:

She was my 3rd Chow Chow and approx 12.5 years old. I never knew for sure, as she had been abandoned and her initial age estimated at 3-4 years of age.

I kept looking for what was 'wrong' with her...but never did find out. She was just the sweetest and most grateful girl. Her health had been declining these past months and more than once, I though her time was short..she did keep rallying however so my optimism kept being boosted. It was suspected that she might have Cushings..her bones were very rickety and walking has been such a challenge for so long. Her fur was sparse, he appetite grew as well as her thirst of course. Last night, she was panting more heavily than usual and was so restless. Even in sleep, she panted and her breathing was so heavy and hard. I called the Vet this morning and in my heart, knew her time was here. We sat on the floor with her on a warm blanket and talked to the Vet for ages...and ages...I stayed until her sedative took effect and my daughter remained until the end.

Tonight, my heart is broken. I keep looking to where she laid every day...I miss her, love her and long for just one more hug. One last look..I am devastated.
Mikosmom
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Mikosmom »

Karen,
I'm glad to see that you posted here (yes, I'm from the DISboards). I've lost three of my Chowkids over the last 25 years and it's never easy. My big guy, Miko, is now 11 & slowing down a bit; knowing it is scary.
Our Genie crossed the Rainbow Bridge at 15, and it took more than two years before I was ready for a new girl in the house. But, as you can see in my signature, Ginger Lily has joined our household & has been with us since last August.
Thanks to this wonderful site & all the great people on it, we got her from the Chows needing a home section, and another poster, Victory, has her littermate brother, Dreamdancer.
When you're ready to open your heart to another Chow, I know everyone here will help.
Again, my deepest sympathy on your loss.
vtxandy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by vtxandy »

I'm so terribly sorry for your loss. I know exactly how you feel and how big the hole is now. You are not alone. Michelle and I will say a prayer for you tonight. What an awful thing, to lose something as wonderful and God sent as a chow.
Andy
In most loving memory of TINKER
12-4-1991 -- 12-21-2006
Our son, friend and teacher
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

I am terribly sorry for your loss, No matter what age, it is so painful. In time the pain will be less but it never goes away. We understand and sympathize with you and your loss.

David
sit_by_the_beach
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sit_by_the_beach »

I lost my chow Luna last year. Her health was steadily declining. It was so painful to see a proud chow not being able to walk. I know how it feels. I thought I'd never want to adopt another dog, chow. Just as you knew when the time was right to let go of your chow, you will know when the time is right to adopt another.

Sorry for your loss,
Karin
KARIN &
chowMIKKI

chris

Post by chris »

I too have lost 2 chows. I lost Thor about 2.3 years ago or so. My new baby Steel is is about 1 year and 8 months. I feel your pain and will pray for you.
cheriekynb
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: Nor Cal - LOL, or Wine Country as the natives call it.

Post by cheriekynb »

I'm sorry for your loss, there's nothing I can say to make it better so I'm just going to send love...
Salandra
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Salandra »

cheriekynb wrote:I'm sorry for your loss, there's nothing I can say to make it better so I'm just going to send love...
Me too.
~ Sally
RHENEGADE CHOWS
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: My baby went to sleep today...

Post by RHENEGADE CHOWS »

For your baby, and for you...

Fly, fly little wing
Fly beyond imagining
The softest cloud, the whitest dove
Upon the wind of heaven's love
Past the planets and the stars
Leave this lonely world of ours
Escape the sorrow and the pain
And fly again

Fly, fly precious one
Your endless journey has begun
Take your gentle happiness
Far too beautiful for this
Cross over to the other shore
There is peace forevermore
But hold this mem'ry bittersweet
Until we meet

Fly, fly do not fear
Don't waste a breath, don't shed a tear
Your heart is pure, your soul is free
Be on your way, don't wait for me
Above the universe you'll climb
On beyond the hands of time
The moon will rise, the sun will set
But I won't forget

Fly, fly little wing
Fly where only angels sing
Fly away, the time is right
Go now, find the light

(celine dion "Fly")
threedogjeep
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by threedogjeep »

Karen, As always, I pray that the pain of the loss of your loved one will ease in time and lead you to the love another chow baby someday. Nothing will fill the emptiness as well, when you are ready.

Carla, what wonderful words of love and understanding. Thank you. I will keep this close to me.
Twelve Paws UP!!
Sharon Rose
RHENEGADE CHOWS
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by RHENEGADE CHOWS »

threedogjeep wrote:

Carla, what wonderful words of love and understanding. Thank you. I will keep this close to me.
:'-) very welcome... My sincere heartfelt condolences to Karen, and everyone who has lost one of the beloved chowdren.
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.
You will be in my prayers tonight.
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!
Haley
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Haley »