A letter to Maxwell

Remember our beloved Chow Chows that have passed on.

Moderator: chowadmin

Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

A letter to Maxwell

Post by Dogdad »

Maxwell,
It has been a year since you have passed and every day I still miss you. I remember the moment I met you and knew within a minute that you were the one, a special friend, a kindred soul. A year later, the void of you absence is still a void in my heart. I breaks my heart that someone gave you up twice, I can’t imagine, how you felt. I am so glad that I was lucky enough to have you for three years and only wish that it could have been longer. You know how silly I am, I still say good night to you every night. I hope you can hear me but if not, I hope you know that you will always be alive in my heart. You are and forever will be my special dude. Others may come, and I will love them too, but I do not think it will ever be as strong of a love that I had for you. Rest well my friend, and when my time comes, be prepared for the tightest hug I ever gave you and know that I will never leave you again.

Love always
Dad

Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: A letter to Maxwell

Post by Sirchow »

Some things are so hard to bear and don't get a whole lot better with time. [:D]

vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

[:D]

Thanks Sweetpea!
Hugo
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Hugo »

Maxwell will really get a thrill out of that lovely letter.
Take care of yourself.
Happy thoughts
Michelle (Hugo's mum) 8mnths
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

Maxwell,

I still think about you daily. I miss you so much. You will always be in my thoughts.

dad
chowchowdaddy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by chowchowdaddy »

It's been about 6 1/2 years since we lost Chia and I still say goodnight to her every single night. I'll never forget her just as you'll never forget Maxwell. There are just some bonds that are never meant to be broken...
cherriemater
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by cherriemater »

RIP Maxwell and please have some zoomies with our Kimba and Rocky while you're over Rainbow Bridge. We miss them lots, too.

Dogdad ... double purple kisses from our boys Leo and Max to you. I love their kisses and am happy to share.
Joe and Marti Martin ... Chow Chow lovers for Life (RIP Kimba 06/03/2011)
reddog
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by reddog »

Dear "Dad"

As I read your beautiful, heartfelt letter to Maxwell, my floodgates opened and tears flowed down my cheeks. Your relationship and feelings for Maxwell very much mirrors mine with my beloved Chloe who also passed away a year ago. She was 15 yrs. old. I rescued her when she was 2 yrs old. She had been abused and abandoned and was found tied up in a burned-out building. Her fur and paws were singed. Thru the years that followed with lots of love and good old-fashioned TLC she flourished and became a gentle spirit and a special treasure.

I'm so glad that I'm not the only one who talks to their dog, even though they are gone. Good Night, Good morning, Hi, I"m home, I'm going to work so you be good while I'm gone, etc and always reassuring her when there is a thunderstorm or fireworks. Silly me? I guess old & dear habits are hard to break.

Sometimes people say "I know how you feel" but they really don't. From my experience with the loss of my Chloe I do honestly know how you feel.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you.

Take Care

Pam