We have lost our beloved Cayenne

Remember our beloved Chow Chows that have passed on.

Moderator: chowadmin

clauds12
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: We have lost our beloved Cayenne

Post by clauds12 »

My deepest condolences to you and your family.
Claudia--Boo Boo-Sam
IliamnasQuest
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by IliamnasQuest »

Oh Mandy, my deepest condolences on your loss! It's so hard to lose any of our loved ones, but especially difficult when it's unexpected. I wish I could offer some words of advice as to how to get through this, but only time can help soften the grief and bring you some solace. Take care of yourself during this period of grieving - and I'm sure that Chewie will help you through this too.

Melanie and the gang in Alaska
lola chow
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by lola chow »

hi its took me a while to post this as i didnt really know what to say except i am so so very sorry for you and your family xxxxxx love and best wishes maxine xx
gebower
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by gebower »

I'm very sorry to hear about this. We went thru something similar two years ago with our first Chow, Chevy. He had a tumor and having seizures and became partially parallyzed because of it. He was 11 1/2 years old. When he started having more and more seizures the vet suggested putting him down. Doing it hurt like hell and we hurt for a long time afterwards. When we said our farewells and hugged Chevy luckily I was wearing shades because I was bawling when we left the vet's office. I felt like I just had my heart ripped out. We loved him dearly. He looked a LOT like Cayenne too. What I did to try an ease the inevitable was get a Chow pup that looked a lot like him a couple of months before because I KNEW I was going to be a basket case when this happened. It helped some but we will always remember Chevy, he was a sweetheart and I still miss him a lot. We just stand by and watch him suffer like he did. Seizures are not a pretty sight to see and lasted 5 minutes. He would whine a lot because he was so frustrated because he would have trouble walking. It got to point where he was having at least two seizures a day. So, I know how you feel. Chows have a way of getting into your heart big time.
You take care and again I"m very sorry to hear this.
Gene.
Gene
Terrina Harris
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Terrina Harris »

You have our deepest smpathy. It is always so hard when one of our beloved children leave this world to run pain free at the rainbow bridge until they can be reunited with their family once again.

Terrina and Larry
Thank you sweetpea!!
chewfozz
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by chewfozz »

I recently lost Fozzie and have been reading through the other memorial postings. I am so very sorry for your loss. Your story sounds so similar to mine in that one day my boy was fine and the next he was asleep in my arms. My other chow is named Chewie and she is very depressed. How is your dog now coping after a few weeks? I am very worried about our girl.
Juniper
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Juniper »

Tough for me to confront the memorial section. Cayenne was so much a part of my readings since I joined. How is Chewie getting along now?
chewfozz wrote:I recently lost Fozzie and have been reading through the other memorial postings. I am so very sorry for your loss. Your story sounds so similar to mine in that one day my boy was fine and the next he was asleep in my arms. My other chow is named Chewie and she is very depressed. How is your dog now coping after a few weeks? I am very worried about our girl.
My friends pomeranian used to sleep w/the one that had died and was whimpering during the night. I suggested a large stuffed animal for comfort (the size of a pomeranian) and it helped quite a bit and she stopped whimpering, along with the extra attention from the human folk. Don't know if this would help our chows tho'.

Unfortunately it's hard to see our chows in grief. I do believe, as someone else posted, that they know in advance when the time is coming for one of their playmates and go thru the loss of not being able to help as well. With all the pets I've had...I sit down with them where they used to have the most fun...have a gentle quiet discussion about how there wasn't anything else we could have done to prevent this, explain how I feel the loss and feel their pain as well and allow them to grieve. Just being there for them, with love and patience, gets you both through the loss. May love and peace quiet your heart at this time.
Jennifer & Sheena
carolyn dewrance
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by carolyn dewrance »

Mandy I am so very very sorry, for your loss and I know it is 2 months late, but I never go into the memorials and went on by accident today, She was a wonder ful chow and I for one will never forget her, after all I was one of those that knew you when you first got her. May she Rest in Peace, and be waiting for Pekoe and Alf as they cross the Rainbow bridge to meet her. and may you heart be at ease, it is so hard to loose one of our chow kids. Bless you for loving her.
Carolyn
Carolyn Dewrance
4 Fernwood Close
Richwood
Cape Town 7441

Mia
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Mia »

I am also so sorry to hear that you lost Cayenne.

It's been a while since I have been on, so I didn't get all this news.

It breaks my heart to hear of all these chowy sweeties passing.

Cayenne, Summer, Alf and Pekoe have been in so many posts that I have come to feel I knew them and will miss them.
Mia