Cade's short life

Remember our beloved Chow Chows that have passed on.

Moderator: chowadmin

Terrina Harris
Rank 1
Rank 1

Cade's short life

Post by Terrina Harris »

Cade your life was cut to short and so tragically. You escaped the fenced in yard. (probably to chase some small animal) I bet you thought you were playing a game running away from all the neighbors who were trying to get you to come to them. You probably never saw the car coming that ended your 7 month old life. You will have your new parents other Chow and Akita waiting at the rainbow bridge for you.

In memory of you, here is your story. You were bought from a breeder with two of your siblings. The daughter that you were to go to decided she didn't want you after giving you to someone she knew. As you got a little bigger that family decided they didn't want you because you were jumping on the toddler. We know that you just wanted to play with someone closer to your size but apparently these people didn't.

The next step of your life was that they were going to take you to an animal control were you were going to be gassed. TLC heard about you and decided to try to get you to Michigan even though you were in Tennessee. Another rescue (Guardian Angels) stepped up and got you from that family for us and kept you until it could be arranged for you to come to Michigan.

Next you started your journey to Michigan and met some wonderful people willing to help get you here. You rode up wit a Pit-bull girl to Indiana where you spent the night. The next day you finished your journey without your new friend. After arriving here you had to be separated from the rest of the Chows here because we got word that it looked like the Pit Bull had ring worm. After 10 days and 2 Yucky baths the news came in that the girl didn't have ring worm.

Now you could meet the rest of the Chows. You had so much fun playing with everyone but you really wanted to get those cats. So much so that you thought your new rescue Mommy was mean because she always stopped you from "playing" with them. When I wasn't around I kept you separated from them. When I was here and it wasn't bed time I just kept a watchful eye and when you cornered one I would make you go play away from them. I never gave you a chance to really get one but told your rescue Dad that when you were adopted it had to be a new family with No cats.

We got a call from a family that wanted to meet you. They had lost a Chow about a year ago and then a few weeks before their Akita had to have surgery to try to save his life and he didn't make it. After the process of making sure they would be a good family for you they drove from the other side of the state to meet you. Your new daddy saw you inside the door first and we could see him tell your new mommy to look. Both of their faces just lit up. They even brought framed pictures of the 2 fur kids that they had lost. You meet your new kid brother and Grandma even made the drive too. They had even made a special area for you with a bed for you to ride to your new home in.

We told them again about your high prey drive. Grandma had 2 cats at her house so we told them to make sure they really watched you there. Later that evening we got an email with pictures of you and your new family that they took when they stopped at a park for a late lunch. You looked so happy. They also told us that you had a new name CoCo.

Two days later I get a call that you had gone to Grandma's house for the day with your new human brother. They took you in on a leash and you paid no attention to the cats. Well later in the day you decided to play with one of the cats and the cat ended up at the vets. A few days later the cat made a turn for the worse and the decision was made to let him go. Your new family knew that they made a mistake about not keeping you separated when they weren't in the room. No they did not want to return you. They loved you already and were going to work with a trainer. Their first session was suppose to be this last Monday.

Monday morning you were in the fenced in back yard and some how you got out. They tried to get you back in the fence but your playful self must have thought they were playing with you. You broke your new families heart when you ran into that car. When your new mommy called to let me know, she could hardly get the words out. She later told me she was so afraid that we were going to be mad at them. No accidents do happen. I let them know that the few short weeks that you were with them that you were loved more then you had been in your short life.

So until they can some day be with you again run and play with their other 2 furkids at the rainbow bridge. Run and play with my precious MiniMe that is also there.

You were loved little CoCo.!

Terrina
Last edited by Terrina Harris on Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thank you sweetpea!!
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Cade's short life

Post by CoraP. »

I am so very sorry to hear this. CoCo at least finally had a home with people who loved him and wanted him forever. My heart goes out to the family. They must be broken-hearted.
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

A very nice tribute. Poor little guy, never got to know the joy of snow on earth...but I bet he has it at the bridge! It's odd, when ever I picture the Rainbow Bridge, I always envision green grass, and flowers. I think though, when CoCo got to the Bridge, there were big fluffy flakes, the kind that make you want to lay down because it looks so soft!

I am glad you let us know of his passing, I agree Cora, so sad for the family.
Rowlee
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rowlee »

OMG, I am crying my eyes out . THis is just terrible. Terrina I am so so sorry for you and for CoCo's family. They must be devastated. I don't know what to say. I have an ache in my heart :( :cry: Life is so bloody unfair sometimes. I have mascara down my face now :cry:

Thanks so much Sweetpea, you're a star!
Chow Chow Mama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Chow Chow Mama »

How horrible :cry:
ImageImageImage
jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jacqui »

he was a beautiful boy.thats tragic news about Coco.
poor little guy :cry:
Kito Feb 4, 2006 - July 1,2007
Kai Mar.15 2007 - Aug. 26,2010
And when my time comes I will not go alone for my Chows will be there to say "Welcome Home".
Mia
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Mia »

Oh that poor, poor little boy. Such a short time to know love - how heartbreaking.
Mia
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

Poor guy

David
Coco Chow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Coco Chow »

That is so so sad, for the family, for you, for that little guy... :cry:
At least he's been loved... :|
Elodie
please help feed animals in shelters for free, click daily on the yellow button http://clicanimaux.com/
muddydead
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by muddydead »

We are so sorry about Cade... Sometimes bad things happen no matter how much we try to prevent it. Rescue is a hard road, emotionally, financially, physically. We send all good energy your way and up to Cade. You guys are saving lives, that's terrific!
Helping one Chow may not save the world, but it means the world to that one Chow
Larry Harris
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Larry Harris »

Cade's last pictures

CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

He was a very beautiful boy.
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

He was a very beautiful boy.
Such a sad story. I'm balling my eyes out.
My heart goes out to everyone who was involved with this handsome boy.
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix