Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

thanks everone, I am learning alot

David
ski
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ski »

We came to be "chow" people thanks to our son who found a stray, homeless chow. He was unable to keep it because of his job responsibilities. I was actually frightened for his safety when he called and told us he had taken it to his apartment. I, too, believed the chow horror stories. Well, nothing could be farther from reality. Our Chow and our geriatric lab get along like great pals. The chow is gentle and very affectionate...even giving "kisses" on demand. He follows us from room to room...very "unchow" like. People are always stopping us as we walk him asking if they can pet him...he is very gentle.
jerryo

Post by jerryo »

Following from room to room -- very Chowish

Incredibly gentle -- very Chowish

Giving kisses on request -- I should be so lucky :lol: That's the unChowish part!

Congratulations!! :D
dkas2929
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: considering adopting chow need thoughts -

Post by dkas2929 »

dogdad,
This might be a little late, but if it was me I would bring the family (including your dogs) to meet the dog. Most shelters should let you take
the dog outside. See how he/she interacts with the kids and your other chow's. I would think that would be the only way to give you an idea
how it would work out. As for the horror stories I've heard them two just never met the dog there about. :)
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: considering adopting chow need thoughts -

Post by Dogdad »

Thanks, Maxwell turned out to be the best boy any one could have dreamed up. Unfortuneatly he died unexpectantly and way too soon, Since then I have adopted 2 more chows, Yoshi and Maxine. I love chows, although it does take an understanding that chows are not dogs, they are chows.

David