Ginny "Not Enough"

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Me & Tess
Rank 2
Rank 2

Ginny "Not Enough"

Post by Me & Tess »

I am not yet finished with Lilly's story, yet I am starting another story with another girl. So many people were involved with Ginny's rescue. I saw her post about two months ago. There were lots of shares, lots of comments of how beautiful she was, how sweet she was, yet no one stepped forward to rescue her or adopt her. I posted that I wanted her, I really wanted her. For then next three weeks I talked to many people, I went the the gambit of emotions, I was up, then I was down on the floor crying. It almost seemed impossible. Ginny was in the Lancaster Shelter in Lancaster California, I was in Montana up by the Canadian boarder. How hard could this be? She was put on the euthanasia list multiple times & then given many a stay. Ginny was put on the euthanasia list on Friday, June 14th, to die following Monday, June 17th. This would be the last time. Somehow, with many good people rallying around me & Ginny, with only hours left she was saved. Ginny will be on her way to me on July 5th. It should take about three or four days, then Ginny will be in her forever home. Ginny will finally be mine, and me hers. Ginny has the dark purple tongue of a Chow and I was told she gives purple kisses. This is what I saw on the Networking Now Facebook Page.

UPDATE 6/10: The shelter sent out a plea for Virginia over a week ago. She is absolutely URGENT & will be euthanized at any time. Do not give up on sweet, dog friendly Virginia!

Who could resist this perfect jack-o-lantern smile?! Virginia is a 7 year old German Shepherd/Chow mix who did great on her assessment. She’s low energy, tolerant & does great with calm dogs. She loves treats & is a dream on a leash. What more could an adopter want? Unfortunately she isn’t quite young enough, old enough, shepherd enough or chow enough to catch anyone’s attention. She’s one of Lancaster’s longest residents & her time is short. Do nice dogs finish last? Lancaster, CA
Me & Tess
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Ginny "Not Enough"

Post by Me & Tess »

Me & Tess wrote:I am not yet finished with Lilly's story, however, I am starting another story with another girl. So many people were involved with Ginny's rescue. I saw her post about two months ago. There were lots of shares, lots of comments of how beautiful she was, how sweet she was, yet no one stepped forward to rescue her or adopt her. I posted that I wanted her, I really wanted her. For the next three weeks I talked to many people, I went the the gambit of emotions, I was up, then I was down on the floor crying. It almost seemed impossible. Ginny was in the Lancaster Shelter in Lancaster California, I was in Montana up by the Canadian boarder. How hard could this be? She was put on the euthanasia list multiple times & then given many a stay. Ginny was put on the euthanasia list on Friday, June 14th, to die following Monday, June 17th. This would be the last time. Somehow, with many good people rallying around me & Ginny, with only hours left she was saved. Ginny will be on her way to me on July 5th. It should take about three or four days, then Ginny will be in her forever home. Ginny will finally be mine, and me hers. Ginny has the dark purple tongue of a Chow and I was told she gives purple kisses. This is what I saw on the Networking Now Facebook Page.

UPDATE 6/10: The shelter sent out a plea for Virginia over a week ago. She is absolutely URGENT & will be euthanized at any time. Do not give up on sweet, dog friendly Virginia!

Who could resist this perfect jack-o-lantern smile?! Virginia is a 7 year old German Shepherd/Chow mix who did great on her assessment. She’s low energy, tolerant & does great with calm dogs. She loves treats & is a dream on a leash. What more could an adopter want? Unfortunately she isn’t quite young enough, old enough, shepherd enough or chow enough to catch anyone’s attention. She’s one of Lancaster’s longest residents & her time is short. Do nice dogs finish last? Lancaster, CA
Me & Tess
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Ginny "Not Enough"

Post by Me & Tess »

Ginny's not "home" yet. Tomorrow will begin Ginny's freedom run. Her chances were next to none to be adopted, although many shared her, she only had hours to live. She is a city gal. She has no idea of what her life will be like. There is so much for her to experience, so much freedom, creeks, hikes, to be the only one, to be loved.