Perhaps a little silly

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

TyChowgirl
Rank 2
Rank 2

Perhaps a little silly

Post by TyChowgirl »

But I was wondering if anyone had any good recommendation for raincoats for their chows? I say silly because I'm not one to put clothes on animals, but when we have a down pour, if I could keep most of him dry, that'd be great. I have one I bought from Pet Valu about two years back when Ty was mostly grown. However, he's filled out a little and the Velcro strap barely stay. It's an XXL...so they don't have bigger unfortunately. He's about 85lbs...23insish at the shoulders...Anyone?
chunkymonkeys
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Perhaps a little silly

Post by chunkymonkeys »

If the raincoat still fits, can you sew an extension onto the Velcro straps? Or put a belt around him? If not, look on Ebay. Good luck.
TyChowgirl
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by TyChowgirl »

I've definitely thought about it. My concern is that the fabric may be a little tricky. It's just a poncho. Though the other thought is, Joann's has raincoat material, the pattern is fairly simple. It's kinda time and convenience at this point. If it comes down to it, then when summer break starts and I begin my sewing again I'll do either lol
Peterbilt
Rank 0
Rank 0

Perhaps a little silly

Post by Peterbilt »

TyChowgirl
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by TyChowgirl »

Wow that's nice Peterbilt!Though my husband may pitch a fit if I spent 75 on a dog raincoat. I'm definitely going to have to measure his chest this time, especially if I order online.
It would at least save me a lot of time. I will definitely keep that one in mind!
TyChowgirl
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by TyChowgirl »

Wow that's nice Peterbilt!Though my husband may pitch a fit if I spent 75 on a dog raincoat. I'm definitely going to have to measure his chest this time, especially if I order online.
It would at least save me a lot of time. I will definitely keep that one in mind!
LucysSusanH
Rank 0
Rank 0

Perhaps a little silly

Post by LucysSusanH »

Look for Merlin's Hope on Facebook. Her Chows & Shar Pei wear darling raincoats and boots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lucy's Susan H.
Peterbilt
Rank 0
Rank 0

Perhaps a little silly

Post by Peterbilt »

Here is the link I was actually looking for, and they are on sale!
http://www.jefferspet.com/argyle-600d-p ... cp/0V-WPB/

Weatherbeeta is a great company, my horses have on blankets made by them.

TyChowgirl
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by TyChowgirl »

I love the arguile! I measured Ty's chest and he's about 36" :shock: (I promise he's pretty trim! He's just a big boy) so I'm going to have to look for something a little bigger. Amazon had solid versions of his coat one size more that would fit better for 12 bucks or so. They only carry that size in certain colors :/.
Thanks for all the help!
Piff Poff
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Piff Poff »

Henry has one of these :http://www.countryattire.com/shop-by-br ... a1101.html

But since his paws are terrified of getting wet, as soon as he see's the jacket he is off, gone, hiding, oh no way jose, so now we leash him up and open the door to give him the choice, he invariably lays downs to watch the rain lol Since we've had Daisy we've not seen rain only snow, so it will be interesting to see if her paws have the same infliction.
Thank you Sweatpea
TyChowgirl
Rank 2
Rank 2

Perhaps a little silly

Post by TyChowgirl »

Ordered the xxxl from the same brand. They're limited on colors and patterns this size so we went with plain red. Fits like a glove and only 12 bucks.

Mochi_Yoshi
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Mochi_Yoshi »

wow that is amazing! my girls would rather not eat/drink and hold it for over 24hrs than to be caught out in the rain! oh no, not these cats! =;
You have to ask yourself "How can you say no to this face....?" Answer: when they chew on your favorite purse...