Whitby vs toy

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

reddog
Rank 1
Rank 1

Whitby vs toy

Post by reddog »

I have a few of the Christmas animated musical animals. They move around & sing/play a song when you touch a certain spot on them. Whitby DOES NOT like them. When on is activated, she barks like crazy at the toy. I had one sitting on the deacon’s bench in the kitchen on Saturday. I was working in the kitchen and she was lying on the floor. All of a sudden she started to growl & bark and creep across the floor towards the bench. It took me a few minutes to figure out what she was growling at. Duh! It was just sitting there - no music or movement going on. I now have it sitting on top of my fridge.
Crazy pup! :lol:
Piff Poff
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Whitby vs toy

Post by Piff Poff »

Henry doesn't like unexplained moving musical things either lol
Thank you Sweatpea
Cocoa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cocoa »

Too funny, Cocoa is the same way. My son has a little King Louie (Madagascar) toy that sings "Got to move it, move it" when you tap it and it makes Cocoa crazy every time she hears it.
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rory's Dad »

Would be a great vid to share.

Nothing bothers Rory. Amber is pretty laid back but we havent put out the animatronics yet. She does react to the Meow Meow Meow commercial. I need to vid that one, its pretty funny. Its the only thing that gets her ire up and she has never met a cat, so i cant figure it out.
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

Bella has a doggie face Christmas stocking that gets her going when it plays Christmas songs and flaps its ears!

RD that meow commercial gets Bella and the ( dog) sitters little 10 month old baby , The sitter sent me a video of the two playing on the floor , and the child and Bella both stopped playing with the toy ( they were playing a tugging game)and watched the commercial I would share but its not my child so I don't feel comfortable posting. But it's hysterical how the two are playing and drop every thing and look up at the TV to watch the cat commercial!!! don't know what it is about that Meow meow meow meow sound but it gets the attention every time!
ChowServant
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by ChowServant »

Be very careful with toys designed for humans, not Chows. Our Chow BooBoo got into a part of our house where he's not normally allowed, snagged one of my wife's stuffed animals and tore it apart. Weeks of increasingly unhappy BooBoo culminated in abdominal surgery to remove a partial blockage resulting from one of the bits he swallowed. He recovered but it was touch & go for a while and rather expensive.