Bugle Call!

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Bugle Call!

Post by Judy Fox »

I have been meaning to post this for a while! :D
When Fred calls Tilly and Maisie in for their dinner he calls "Come to the Cookhouse door"!
He does not actually blow a bugle but calls it verbally i.e. "Da dada dada da da - da dada da da da!" :lol: It is so funny - Maisie comes running in thrilled dinner is going to be served with Tilly following at a more leisurely pace. It just cracks me up. :roll:
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
ski
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Bugle Call!

Post by ski »

It's so funny the routines we establish with our chow "kids".
wokman
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Bugle Call!

Post by wokman »

Reminds me of Summer camp as a young sprout; there was a loud speaker that played a similar rapid Bugle tune to call us to the Mess Hall. It was a Mess after all had their Chow. :lol: :-oo :roll:

Zoey's meal time behavior is to first go down the stairs to be let out the door to the fenced dog run to make sure there is nothing of importance that needs her attention in the backyard. After she has satisfied herself that all is secure she comes in, saunters over to the stairs and with several attempts at a running start makes the arduous climb up, reaching the top with an audible "Huff". I grab a small stool and her dish with kibble soaking in room temperature water so a nice gravy developes, then sit between her dish stand and her pillow, which she has now settled on.
I present the dish, she takes a taste; if satisfied she does not take her face out of the dish until it is licked clean. =D=
If she does not approve, it is a long supper of nibbling until she has had enough, then to the sink rejected :-L