Chows Wokie Sounds!

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Me & Tess
Rank 2
Rank 2

Chows Wokie Sounds!

Post by Me & Tess »

I thought that I would repost this under a new topic.
Chewbacca's voice was created by the original films' sound designer, Ben Burtt, from a mix of recordings of walruses, lions, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers in Burtt's personal library. The individual recordings were mixed at different ratios for Chewbacca's different utterances. One of the most prominent elements in the voice was a black bear named Tarik, from Happy Hollow Zoo in San Jose, California
Lilly has learned to "play." Her "play" is running. Sometimes we run outside, she likes Mike to chase her going this way and that, she rounds the garden, rounds the flag pole, goes under the porch and runs to the right side of the steps then to the left side of the steps, rounds me. Sometimes we all run around the dining room table, she takes a detour in back of the infamous chair then out again. One of those play chasing days, she went up the stairs to the loft, rounded the bed then back down the stairs all the while making this wokie noise. It was the funniest noise. I had heard her make it before & Mike has mimicked her. The noise was really loud and & I asked Mike if he was making the noise - "no," it was all Lilly. Was wondering if anyone else's Chow makes that wokie noise? It was too funny
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Chows Wokie Sounds!

Post by Rory's Dad »

Lol, seems like the zoomies you describe with the running. Chow fun. As for noises, our chows 'chuff' all the time. Huffing, puffing, snorting, its their second language. Chuffing is a term that comes from the sounds that large cat's (lions, tigers, etc) make...sortof like purring, but a bit different. If you didnt know better you might thing they were in distress because it not a 'normal dog sound'.
Me & Tess
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Me & Tess »

Lilly was really doing zoomies outside yesterday. The weather is getting cooler & fall has really arrived. There is snow on the mountains north of us and in Glacier. Lilly loves the cooler days & loves the snow. That trill sound she makes is funny. If it's just the trill & no growling I know she is having fun. Growling & trill, beware!
rmb
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by rmb »

Love the chuffing! It is so uniquely chow!
And the zoomies - so fun to watch with Buddy2s mane flowing!
KringlesDad
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by KringlesDad »

Our Kringle Bear does the "wookie noise" when he wants attention outside in his pen. He also does it a lot when we are at grandma's house (I think he does it to be cute and wants treats). I have grown up with chows and all of them did it. My wife and I enjoy all of Kringle Bear's noises, especially this one. He is a talker!
tabate45
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by tabate45 »

Our Coal makes the wokie noise all the time. He is quite the talker when he is happy!