Kodi is a Big Boy

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

kitten1426
Rank 1
Rank 1

Kodi is a Big Boy

Post by kitten1426 »

Today we went for Kibble at a local pet store we took kodi in and we know they have a nice digital scale..so we put him on..he is 85/86 lbs it bounced a little..lol...he is 22 months old..and tall 26ish inches at the shoulders..and Lean yet...lol...i think he may reach 100 lbs..he is a BIG chow chow... :D
Our dogs...Kodi Male chow..[Mia Female Chow RB :( :( ]...Bear Male Airedale...Shelby Male Collie...And Moose airedale, New girl chow Merida
TyChowgirl
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Kodi is a Big Boy

Post by TyChowgirl »

Ty just hit 80ish at 2 years...though I think either he gained some muscle or he's getting fat...lol
kitten1426
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kitten1426 »

LOL..Kodi is lean thats why we think he has alot more to go..
Our dogs...Kodi Male chow..[Mia Female Chow RB :( :( ]...Bear Male Airedale...Shelby Male Collie...And Moose airedale, New girl chow Merida
TyChowgirl
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by TyChowgirl »

Mm. Probably. Ty isn't lean...but he's not "fat" Where it looks like he's put on weight, I can feel that and its solid. We hadn't gone to the dog park for a bit and he was thinning in the back end to where he had a shape. But now since we've started going again and he spends most of his time running, he's getting thicker again. But not pudgy. Solid. lol
lweiher
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by lweiher »

He is a handsome boy!
chowchowdaddy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by chowchowdaddy »

I remember going through the drive-through at the bank one time with Chia in the car next to me and the teller mentioned "Oh, wow, what a beautiful chow! I have a chow at home, but he's much bigger. How much does yours weigh?" Well, we had just left the vet's office and I'd weighed her, so I knew she weighed 48 lbs. So, that's what I answered. The teller said, "Oh, wow, mine's a lot bigger. He weighs 96 lbs." So, exactly double Chia's weight!!! So, chows do get up there without being fat!!!
kitten1426
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kitten1426 »

I know Kodi im telling you isnt FAT at all he has an easy 15-20 lbs to go he will be a 100 lb Chow our female is around 52 lbs and she looks perfect we have to watch her tho she had both hips done with FHO surgery so she needs to be kept on the lighter side..
Rio
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Rio »

Rio just turned one and weighs 57lbs at the moment, I am trying to keep his weight down,but appear to be failing! He isn't a fatty and I can easily feel his ribs,so I guess some Chows just get big :) Kodi is gorgeous,but I am somewhat biased, Rio being black too.
kitten1426
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kitten1426 »

Rio wrote:Rio just turned one and weighs 57lbs at the moment, I am trying to keep his weight down,but appear to be failing! He isn't a fatty and I can easily feel his ribs,so I guess some Chows just get big :) Kodi is gorgeous,but I am somewhat biased, Rio being black too.

LOL...Yeah i know what you mean...Kodi i think at a yr was around 65-70 lbs..But not only is he Big he is very Tall for a chow almost as tall as our Male Collie...and you can feel his ribs easy so im pretty sure he will reach 95-100lbs when he fills out he is very active with our other dogs i think that keeps him trim.... :D