Hello again. Need some advice

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

BeckiHutton
Rank 2
Rank 2

Hello again. Need some advice

Post by BeckiHutton »

It has been an awfully long time since I have posted on here. I see lots of new members, so welcome everyone and I hope you are enjoying yourselves. I am sorry it has been so long, I have had a tough few months. Those of you who know me on Facebook will know that my mum passed away in October and I have been keeping myself hidden since then.

As some of you may know, Lily did her back left cruciate ligament in November 2011. She had a lateral suture on that leg and it took an awful long time to get better. She did her other cruciate about 3 weeks ago and we decided to take her somewhere else this time. I am glad we did, they have been fantastic and she had been recovering really quickly. She had been shocking everyone with her progress. Anyway, earlier today I let her out in the garden by herself for 5 minutes and wasn't paying her enough attention, and I don't know what she did, but all of a sudden I heard her yelping. I went running out there and she was shaking and yelping and unable to put any weight on the leg again. Took her to the vets and they gave her some strong painkillers, but they don't seem to have done much but make her really drowsy. It is extremely painful. I never heard her yelp before today. She can't stand up or even move without yelping. I really don't know what to do. I have never seen her in this much pain. She is back to the vets tomorrow for more x rays but I can't bear to see her like this in the meantime :(
Pretty little lily :). Thank you sweetpea for the wonderful banner
Hugo
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Hello again. Need some advice

Post by Hugo »

Hi,
So very sorry you lost your mum and have had a rough time. In relation to Lily, I know it won't fix or do much for the leg but perhaps a kong filled with some treats to distract her and she can probably play/eat it lying down.
Good luck and hugs to you. Welcome back btw.
Michelle
BeckiHutton
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by BeckiHutton »

Have heard from the vets, turns out she has broken her shin bone :/ ouch. Poor girl has been through so much already, and now this. She has to stay in for 2 days, because she has had 2 operations in such a short space of time :( poor baby
Pretty little lily :). Thank you sweetpea for the wonderful banner
chowchowdaddy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by chowchowdaddy »

Oh, bless her little heart, the poor baby!!! Hugs and kisses to her from Ming and Tempest!!! I've never heard of them breaking a shin bone, wonder how that happened?
Cocoa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cocoa »

Oh poor Lily. :cry: Hugs and purple kisses from Cocoa to get better quick.