What type of Chow Is She?

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

kitten1426
Rank 1
Rank 1

What type of Chow Is She?

Post by kitten1426 »

I know she isnt a full rough coat and i know she isnt a smooth coat...I was told she is an in-betweener,....A cross between a rough coat and a smooth coat note no feathering on her legs...really no rough around her head...

In some of these pictures she is around 6 months and some she is older..up to 8/9 months she is now 19 months old....

Here she at 10 months old next to Our Airedale he is about 6 months old there.....Yes 6 months...And our Male chow Kodi at also 6 months old...they Airedale and Male chow are the same age only 1 day apart....

Our dogs...Kodi Male chow..[Mia Female Chow RB :( :( ]...Bear Male Airedale...Shelby Male Collie...And Moose airedale, New girl chow Merida
nnguyentang
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: What type of Chow Is She?

Post by nnguyentang »

My chow's parents look like yours, but they were smooth coats. They weren't fluffy but did still have a long thick coat. I can't answer you but man she's a cutie. I see that you have another dog, do they get along good?
-Nat and Violet
kitten1426
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kitten1426 »

nnguyentang wrote:My chow's parents look like yours, but they were smooth coats. They weren't fluffy but did still have a long thick coat. I can't answer you but man she's a cutie. I see that you have another dog, do they get along good?

Thank you..We have her Mia An Airedale [Bear],Male chow[ Kodi],Male Collie[Shelby], they all get along great!!!! plus 4 cats...they all get along very well....
Our dogs...Kodi Male chow..[Mia Female Chow RB :( :( ]...Bear Male Airedale...Shelby Male Collie...And Moose airedale, New girl chow Merida
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

Not a very technical answere but she looks like a rough smoothie to me. lol
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
kitten1426
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kitten1426 »

LOL...thats why i was told she is an In-betweener.... :D
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

If you do a search on this site for "Old time chows" or "Freud's chow" you'll see pictures of the original chows brought to Europe and the US that look just like her. My Dreamdancer and my Ming look like her as well. Longer legged, far more energetic, (Firesong is also very like them, but with a much longer coat), athletic, very opened faced with a sharper more pointed nose and jawline. I adore the type, but they aren't very common or popular among breeders, you never see the type at shows, even among smoothies.
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!