HEAT WAVE

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

atphiladelphia
Rank 0
Rank 0

HEAT WAVE

Post by atphiladelphia »

Here in Pennsylvania, and most of the East Coast is experiencing an oppressive heat wave. Be sure to keep your chowlings in the AC, and if they are outside remember to keep them wet, especially thier heads. My dogs can't take it at all. They are hiding in the bedrrom which is dark and cool and my AC is at 71 degrees F. THey are drained of energy, constantly thirsty and really have no desire to go outside. I am limiting thier trips outside to leash walks to go potty only. Otherwise i fear they would be seriously hurt by the heat. 2 weeks ago, my penny ended up in the emergency vet with her anaplasmosis (like limes but often goes without showing symptoms, most vets dont treat until symptoms show) and when i asked what brought on the symptoms they said the heat, it stresses them out soooo much. Just be careful, they cant tell us when they are hot, and often time by the time they realize it the damage has been done.

Stay cool!
  • Ashley & Chow babies, Tucker & Penny!
Piff Poff
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: HEAT WAVE

Post by Piff Poff »

On the really hot days, Henry walks slower and sometimes turns for home a lot sooner - he lets me know when it's too much for him.
Thank you Sweatpea
threedogjeep
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by threedogjeep »

Hey I am in PA as well....around Gilbertsville....and it's is SMOKIN hot. Leela STILL wants to go for her walk...been bugging me ever since I been home, but I notice when we went out to water the flowers she came right back inside :D , Little bugger.
Twelve Paws UP!!
Sharon Rose
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

Iam in PA too outside of Kennett Sq., and Nikki is just laying around just looking like she needs an energy drink.. LOL
Pool water temp is even warm ...Lets just hope there are no power outages.
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

I am in NE PA and it's very hot here as well. I'm hoping it gets better after today!
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
threedogjeep
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by threedogjeep »

wow. so many right with shoutin distance!! we should have a valley forge park fest in the fall!!
Twelve Paws UP!!
Sharon Rose
atphiladelphia
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by atphiladelphia »

Yea! I am in west chester PA! That would be great
  • Ashley & Chow babies, Tucker & Penny!
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3