nelly and the cat poop......

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

valerierichard27
Rank 1
Rank 1

nelly and the cat poop......

Post by valerierichard27 »

I havent been here in a while, very buisy with school, work, kids and nelly. she is going GREAT !!! but now shes doing one thing that i cant stop her from... eating out of the acts litter box....., i tried every thing, and she manages to get to it, the litter is a closed one, so she can put her head in, so i turned it towards the wall, even the cat only has a little space to get in, but nelly... makes it in i dont know what to do with this anymore, does any one have tricks
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: nelly and the cat poop......

Post by chowpups »

put a chain lock on the door long enough so the cat can get in the room but not the dog.. Or a baby gate up .. The cat can either go under it or jump over it.. Mine jumped over it even though I left enough space for the cat to crawl under.. Just one of those pressure gates works fine ..
Boogie and Linda
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Boogie and Linda »

This is something we struggle with at our house too. Those chows just can't resist kitty crunchies. Our litter box is in the bathroom so we close the door and the cat knocks on the door when he needs to use it. When we are not home the chows are outside or the cat is closed in the bathroom with the box. Any time the door is open though the chows go nuts trying to get in there and eat the poop.
Sylvia
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Sylvia »

I use this kind of gate so both the cats and I can easily go in the room, and Sweetie has to stay out. It works real well.

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.j ... Id=2755235
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

thats perfect that gate. They have come along way since I had my cats. (20 yrs or more)..