Eayore LIVES!!!!!

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

JasonandNat
Rank 1
Rank 1

Eayore LIVES!!!!!

Post by JasonandNat »

Well over the holidays we went out East again. And during that time on 2 occassions the fur kids got access to Eayor's area. Holy crap!! The little fella must be immortal to survive in a small nylon cage with 2 massive predators crawling over each other to get him and eat him!!!! Luckily Eayore survived unscathed and Cassie just laughed the whole time!

Those not in the know, Eayore is our Lionhead bunnie and Cassie our Guinea Pig.
Boogie and Linda
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Eayore LIVES!!!!!

Post by Boogie and Linda »

Poor bunny. He must have been scared. I am glad he survived unscathed. If Eayore were in my house I don't know if he would have survived. Teddie may have tried to mother him to death like he tried to do to the Zhu Zhu hamsters my daughter got for Christmas. :D
JasonandNat
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by JasonandNat »

Haha, well Eayore has now survived 3 times, once being pryed from the jaws of death. Cassie has no worries as she is 6yrs old and pre-dates the chows and they respect her (she can be nasty). We rescued Eayore after getting the fur kids, and he is happy but we feel he has a psychosis towards red furred creatures. ROFL

Just the kind of things that keep life interesting!
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Rabbits can literally be scared to death, so you are lucky indeed. When my DH raised rabbits, the neighbor kid ran his dirtbike along the property line...right behind the hutches. We lost many litters that year from the fright.
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

We had a rabbit that died of fright even when it was brought inside on fireworks night. Its funny how they treat tame animals different from wild. Perhaps the pets dont give off the right signals to activate the hunting mode as Bramble never tried to kill our chinchilla but show her anything else small and furry and she is gone!
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
JasonandNat
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by JasonandNat »

We have had rabbits previously, the more freedom and socializing they get seems to prevent the sudden fear death. Those terrible screams they let out leave goose bumps for days. Eayore was already a rescue where he was severly beaten so he has some character. We just have to keep our sweet little liveable FengHuang out of reach. ROFL
danova
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by danova »

He must have been scared. I am glad he survived unscathed. If Eayore were in my house I don't know if he would have survived.