Max and 7 months!

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

JollyRojer
Rank 0
Rank 0

Max and 7 months!

Post by JollyRojer »

Just thought i would stop back in and give everyone an update on max hes doing well and hes had a wonderful Christmas and new years that my parents went overboard on and spoiled him completely. Hes been health issue free other then this very unsual thing that seems to be bothering him. He will almost unconsciously kick his back left leg and then turn to bite at it. Ive mentioned it to the vet and she just looked stumped, he doesnt do it often but ill find him sitting on the couch with me and he will violently kick his leg out and it usually hits me straight in the stomach unexpectedly, so probably 3 or 4 times a day? anyone have any ideas what it could be? he had a skin irritation when we first got him but that's been cleared up for almost 4 months now we used the entire bottle of shampoo the vet gave us.

Him Now. at 7 months!

When we first brought him home.
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Max and 7 months!

Post by Tippsy'smom »

It's good to get an update. :D I don't know about the whole leg thing, but Max has grown into a very handsome boy. :)
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
JollyRojer
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by JollyRojer »

Thank you so much hes very unique especially for our area, its mostly pits and pit mixes you don't hardly ever see something fluffy and bouncy pushing adult knee height as a puppy, he turns just about everyone's head, i am always reminding myself to smile though i catch myself just thinking about my day and i look up and some people have the chow reputation set in their heads and are moving across the street or way way way far away from me. kind of makes me sad but i notice the more i smile while we walk the more likely people are to either ask to say hello or just pass closely. I'm always saying "hes nice just an excited and a puppy!" i notice the people who try and stand over him to pet him hes very inclined to try and leap to their level, which of course is very rude. but the moment someone bends down hes very calm and polite, just something to keep me busy i guess :) keep max from knocking over any strangers who stop to say hello.
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

Glad to hear Max is doing well! Just love those ears!
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

Max has grown a lot and is looking oh so handsome. :D At seven months he sounds like his manners are doing just fine and as he learns that lots of people do admire him he will become more friendly. You sound like you are both doing good with his training.
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
JollyRojer
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by JollyRojer »

Thank you guys so much, i honestly was a little worried when my g/f first said we were going to look at chows, but when the soaking wet stick ridden behemoth of the litter came charging out of the bushes and into my lap i didn't have a choice. This site and your guy's previous posts and positive attitude have really given us the confidence we need to train him correctly and safely, and its been invaluable. I am glad to hear hes on track and my parents have absolutely fallen in love with him over thanksgiving and Christmas, my father who honestly tends to turn a cold shoulder to me on most occasions has actually started opening up to me strictly so he can see and spend more time with max its absolutely adorable.
Mia
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Mia »

Max is beautiful - absolutely beautiful.
Mia
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

Max is a beautiful, beautiful boy! Keep up the good work with him!
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
JollyRojer
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by JollyRojer »

Thanks for all the great words everyone, my favorite trait of his is that he REFUSES to sit by himself, if hes awake and you want him to come over and sit with you, you have got to be prepared to him to sit ON you, he circles on the full size couch we have and refuses the other 3/4 of the couch so he can park his big fluffy butt right in my lap, if its not his butt hes laying completely across me. or anyone else for that matter that invites him up onto the couches or sits on the floor with him. my dad calls him a leaner because he will even do it to your legs and feet when hes on the floor.
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

What a sweet face Max has.. I wish Nikki would jump up on the couch and cuddle alittle . She will on the floor but not on our couch. (I guess I trained her from a pup not to so I guess I can't expect it now. silly human).
JollyRojer
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by JollyRojer »

haha i always end up cuddling with a big ol puffy butt and tail, we started him real young that if he was given the command he was allowed on the couches, we are both in our early 20's with a faily inexpensive set of microfiber couches i figured why not give him a shot and hes responded very well, only when i can see hes extremely excited does he ever jump up uninvited. and its usually just to give him something to leap off of lol.