My chow pup cracks me up everyday

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

onthemove
Rank 1
Rank 1

My chow pup cracks me up everyday

Post by onthemove »

My 18 week old chow baby makes me laugh every day. When we feed him something he really, really likes, he brings his empty bowl over to have you fill it up again.

His human dad just gave him his last few bites of omelet on a paper plate. He is carrying the plate all over the house looking for more, lol. I hope to catch a picture of that soon.
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Re: My chow pup cracks me up everyday

Post by Judy Fox »

Hee!Hee! Your story cracks me up too! He sounds quite a character and fun to have around.

It reminds me of when our chow girl Milly. When she was a very small chowling she brought her water bowl into the sitting room when it was almost empty and just threw it across the room at my husband.
She and her litter sister Mabel have/had a bowl each of dry complete food in the kitchen and up to just before Milly died a few weeks ago, she would pick it up and throw it at us when it was nearly empty. If Mabel's bowl was also nearly empty, she would then go back and throw that at us. Cheeky little baggage that she was - gosh how I miss her. :)
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Chutters
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Chutters »

Oh, you made me laugh. And, Judy, you made me cry.
Swerve
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Swerve »

Love the stories guys !!

Winston has his little quirks!! But now I try to think of them I can’t. It has stopped know but when 3-4 months of age he would beg and follow you in the kitchen standing dead straight on his rear two legs. Was so cute, the look on his face when he smells the BBQ chicken would just drive him crazy, poor boy.
RIP Duff, 01/12/1999- 24/10/2011
Winston, 15/04/2009 - current
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

When my little old man {13 yrs old} JR 1st came home from the APL at 8 months old...he used to turn his water dish upside down all the time. Finally I had to get him a weighted bowl.
Now everytime I open a tuna can ...I have to put the can with a little tuna inside on the floor and off he goes with it in his mouth!
Of course my pudgo PRINCESS...Ms Cheyenne would never stoop to that level...she just expects to be waited on hand and foot....God forbid she would actually have to move.

JR AND CHEYENNE

another special from SWEETPEA PRODUCTIONS
onthemove
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by onthemove »

Glad you all enjoyed the story. I love reading everyones chow stories, they are such great and unique creatures.

Judy, my Deuce may have been related to your Milly. He does a very similar thing with his water dish if it runs empty, he carries it around and bangs it on the floor, lol. He is quite the character for sure. His breeder warned us that he would be a handful. We always love a challenge, and he was the one we wanted. He truly makes me laugh several times a day. What a joy he is.

So sorry about the loss of Milly, I know that is so very difficult. It is because they are so wonderful that we miss them so very much when they are gone.
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Yes we do miss them when they go but that is why I say to people the old Hebrew proverb

"Say not in grief she is no more but in thankfulness she was"

because that is where we are at now. We still miss Milly terribly but we can now laugh at the wonderfully funny and cheeky things she used to do.

Sharon, we had to buy a heavy bowl for them - we bought a bit stone bowl - you would think we hade half a dozen Great Danes in the house!! :lol:
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

Bramble makes me laugh these days when she goes to have a drink or eat food that doesn't have her first choice of delicious morsels added. She walks round her bowl a few times and then lets out a huge huffff and thumps down onto the floor to eat or drink. Its as if the whole business is just to tedious to use any energy on it!! :roll: But when we give her food with something delicious added she gobbles it up standing and uses so much energy licking the bowl it sometimes lands up in another room. :lol:
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
chowhuskylass
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by chowhuskylass »

Aww bless they are so quirky, and how true is that proverb judy, thank you for posting that :D

When we first had efe i lived in a flat, martin was out to work and i was busying in the house anyways i had a friend call round for dinner and made a simple beans on toast, I had popped into the kitchen to get the cups of tea and my own dinner, when i heard a little squeek, efe the lil monkey had only walked up to my friend and was in the process of trying to remove the plate from her lap, but she was being ever so gentle and precise my friend had one side of the plate and was holding on to it and efe had taken the other side in her front teeth I must admit i Laughed out loud when i walked back into the living room, now please bear in mind its rare efe shows any interest in our food, she only perks up for her dry and her treats, that was a sight i will never forget my friend all the while was squeeking (giggling) the whole time.
summer_rose03
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by summer_rose03 »

My aunt's dog (they were told Chow mix, but looks Samoyed), would/will throw her empty water bowl at you when she was thirsty. I am not sure if she still does it, as she's getting older now, but she used to. It was so funny!
ImageImage
Thanks SweetPea!
JollyRojer
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by JollyRojer »

these stories are sooo hilarious our chow chow puppy max (who is getting awfully large now) loves to take any sock around the house and scamper around with it like its the one you really need to put on, hes such alittle riot runnin around with a bunch of socks in his mouth.

im glad he doesn't throw his metal water bowl around tho i dont know what i would do! lol

onthemove
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by onthemove »

Great stories everyone. These chows are so funny.

Cute pic of Max. Love the sock story.

Well Deuce did another funny today. We were traveling by car today, so I brought sandwiches for myself and my husband and a baggie of food for Deuce. Naturally, he wanted some of our sandwiches, but we wouldn't give him any. After we ate, I got his food out and started hand feeding him, which he usually really loves. But today, as I fed him a kibble, he would take it in his mouth for a minute and then spit it back out. He has never done that before lol, he was just mad that it wasn't sandwich. He never would eat any of it, he just kept spitting it out. He went to the back seat to lay down and pout.

He just cracks me up.
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

When Lily is ticked off, she does that too, and if I've really pissed her off, she will only sniff even the tastiest of morsels. Pip is very happy when this happens, because she gets the ignored bounty.
rougedriner
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by rougedriner »

Funny you said your chow flops down and huffs. My Bear will do the same thing if she doesn`t get her way. Which she usually does =D=