Time for school!

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Cypher
Rank 0
Rank 0

Time for school!

Post by Cypher »

Well, my wife and I are going through a separation so I figured I can do better things with my time than sit at and mope.

Jan. 13th we start basic Obedience classes, they are 6 1hour classes and if that goes well we're going to join the Rally Obedience class(this sounds like fun for both of us! :)

Now all I have to worry about is getting the house sold so I can find a place of my own.
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Time for school!

Post by Layla »

Cypher wrote: if that goes well we're going to join the Rally Obedience class(this sounds like fun for both of us!
Alf & I are starting this! it looks amusing to me & he'll love the extra treat!

Best of luck with everything else.
Thank you Elodie!
Cypher
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Cypher »

Oh I'm sure Gunner will like the extra treats, I haven't seen him turn any down since I've had him. lol
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Sounds like you are going through some major life changes, against your will. I commend you for trying to find something to keep you busy, and are including Gunner. Taking positive steps to work through this upheavel is a sign of good character. Let us know how it goes. Lily liked her classes, though I have a Chow that doesn't motivate from food. Believe it or not, she likes praise...lol. But not too much, she must find me insincere if I 'glad-hand' too much. So, we cannot train too long (plus being that I am lazy, it is difficult). Good luck to you both!
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

I'm sorry to hear of your separation. It sounds like you are keeping busy, which is a very good thing. Gunner will probably do well and be a lot better company! Have fun!!
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
Cypher
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Cypher »

Thanks for your well wishes, the separation was a mutual thing but I was planning on after Christmas but that things didn't turn out that way... lol Even though it was mutual it still hurts ALOT!!

Gunner has been a big part of my life the last 2 years and I still may have to give him away at one point if I can't find a suitable house in my price range once this house sells. But I am going to do absolutely everything I can to make sure it doesn't come to that because I'd be crushed.
Piff Poff
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Piff Poff »

Hey Cyph - you can tell me all about these rally obedience classes tomorrow - mind Mr Henry is pretty good, most of the time :lol:
Thank you Sweatpea